HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Theisman must have concussion
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Theisman must have concussion
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 31, 2008 06:46AM

or is getting senile because he forgot that he hates Miami..

He said...

"Miami is the most balanced team in the AFC."

"Miami can play with anybody," Theismann, a longtime NFL analyst, said Tuesday. "The thing about Baltimore, as well as Pittsburgh and Tennessee, is all those teams hang their hats on defense.

"If they can get by this game," Theismann said, "they could go all the way."

"For me, you've got two MVP candidates in this game, Chad Pennington and (Ravens safety) Ed Reed," Theismann said. "That's going to be a great matchup."

Shocking!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Theisman must have concussion
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 31, 2008 07:15AM

You sure that was Thiesmann and not some imposter? I mean "most balanced team in the AFC"?? WOW. I think Pitt and Tennessee would have issues with that comment. Heck, even San Diego is pretty balanced now.

Anyway, I hope Joe is right!

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 31, 2008 07:20AM

That can't be true, I'm totally shocked by this.

I figured he was dolphin-phobic from a traumatic childhood snorkelling incident.

Date: December 31, 2008 07:44AM

Joe hasn't liked the Dolphins since they drafted him in 71. He did not want to be a back up to Greise and wanted more money so Joe Robbie gave it to him but he backed out of the contract at the last minute because he said the phins tried to sneak in a clause about paying back a signing bonus if he didn't make the team. They took the clause out but he was ticked so he went to Canada. He thought he was going to be a first round pick.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:03AM

He wants on the BANDWAGON. But I have to agree.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 31, 2008 08:35AM

Joe just gave the Ravens some bulletin board material. That has to be his goal, fire them up by saying the Phins are more balanced.

IMO, We aren't really all that balanced in any consistent way. Our run game can look stagnant and then we break a big run. Our passing game can look mediocre and then we hit a big play. Same on D. We allow long runs on 3rd & long, and then stuff them or take the ball away. Our strength has been that somebody comes up with a big play; always someone different, someone who may have been playing average all game and then BAM!

IMO, this goes to Sparano & Parcells. Players don't give up,they just keep coming.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 31, 2008 11:02AM

I agree that we're not balanced in a consistent way. However, I think that's to our advantage and is our strength (as you point out).

On offense, the one part that sticks out to me is Pennington's consistency. In my opinion, this is what allows us to be so balanced if seemingly inconsistently so. He uses all of his weapons, but seemingly more according to the best option at that moment than with any sense of consistency. Ginn has a big day and some relatively productive days. This is about the time that Fasano and Martin sort of go quiet for a month or more. As Ginn seems to go quiet for a few games, Bess strings together some very nice games. Camarillo was probably our most consistent receiver.

Running - If the plain vanilla running game isn't working, the Wildcat usually works well. We went about a month without rushing for 100 yards in a game (incl. against Balt). However, even in our best rushing games, there usually isn't one single runner who is absolutely dominant. Usually it's Ronnie for 50-60, Ricky for 40-50 and others for 20-30. The KC game was our running game in a nutshell - 168 net rushing yards, with 5 players gaining between 29 and 44 yards.

Though inconsistent, I think it's the 'depth' of our balance that is so amazing. Some combination of Sparano, Henning and Pennington allow us to be so successful on offense and the inconsistency is actually a result of how well they utilize so many players.

Not disagreeing with your assessment, just standing in amazement of the way things have unfolded.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 02, 2009 01:03PM

Theisman was drafted by the Dolphins and doesn't hate Miami

Also, he is right. The Steelers, Colts and I think Chargers are all ranked 27th or lower in rushing the football this year. They have no balance whatsoever.

Only 2 teams in the AFC can really run the ball consistently...Balt and Tenn

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 02, 2009 01:16PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Theisman was drafted by the Dolphins and doesn't
> hate Miami
>
You obviously haven't been paying attention to him for MANY years.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 02, 2009 01:18PM

Theisman doesn't hate Miami. People expect these TV commentators to say nice things when talking about a team that stinks. Miami has stunk for the past 6 or 7 years. Of course he said bad things about the Fins. If he didn't he wouldn't have been doing his job.

Theisman gives good analysis.

Date: January 02, 2009 07:39PM

Theismann probably gives good something but it isn't analysis. He has been dogging the Phins for longer than 6 or 7 years. He used to dog Marino big time. He is uptight and takes himself too seriously. He was obviously jealous of Marino. He's an idiot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.