HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          cap space
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
cap space
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 05:23PM

not wanting to jump ahead of this year but does anyone know the dolphins available cap space for next off season and which players will become free agents after the season?

also, i am upset miami didnt sign a top tier olineman this off season or trade for greg olsen. but i hope we have money to sign a top olineman next off season. the oline struggles almost every year and i continue to have doubts this season until proven wrong. also wtf sporano, isnt he supposed to be an oline guru? other teams find late round and free agent guys at OL and coach them up to be solid starters. we have an elite LT, an average LG, and a potentially elite C, and an above average RT or i guess RG now. we should not have to draft all of our OL in the 1st round for them to be productive players. Should have kept Carey at RT as he is proven to be above average there and signed a nice RG that can pull. like Harvey Dahl or tried to steal Carl Nicks from NO. seriously with no OL then we have no running game and then everything is on henne and he cant carry the team.

also, they really should have tried to sign Kevin Boss or Zach Miller or at least given them a look to see the price (i know Zach Miller was too expensive). trading for Greg Olsen would have been huge too, Fasano is not a great safety valve for Henne and is not a top TE but he would be a very nice 2nd TE. I think Olsen went for a 2nd rounder and that would have been worth it to me.

i like the moves this off season and i guess maybe the OL can mesh but we have more cap space and could have signed a few more nice pieces. wish ireland would have gone for it a little more since the players were available and we had the cap space and our current big concerns include TE and OL. could have done it w/o sacrificing too much of the future to. only a 2nd rounder and some cap space which we had anyways.

so this turned into a rant but seriously its mostly true

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2011 05:25PM by dolphin1423.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cap space
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 16, 2011 03:08PM

According to a tweet from Omar Kelly the other day, we are pretty much at the cap now. Not my words, those were his.

Re: cap space
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 03:12PM

not sure how that can be. we were under when we got carey to take a paycut. we signed columbo but not for that much money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.