HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Matt Moore to compete with Henne?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Matt Moore to compete with Henne?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 31, 2011 08:57AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Moore to compete with Henne?
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: May 31, 2011 09:02AM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: May 31, 2011 09:09AM

smileys with beer

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: May 31, 2011 03:34PM

It would not be a surprise to see this front office/coaching staff bring in a guy they are familiar with, or is familiar with their system. Moore may fit that bill. He was signed by the Cowboys when Ireland/Sparano were there. Jeff Davidson has been the OC in Carolina, and Davidson coached alongside Daboll with the Patriots. Their systems may be similar, so Moore could fit there as well. I don't think bringing in Moore would come as a big surprise. I think it is a very real possibility.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 31, 2011 07:41PM

matt moore? the guy who the panther spent a 2d and #1 overall pick in the last 2 drafts trying to replace? no thanks

Posted by: KB ()
Date: June 01, 2011 04:31AM

Bring in an empty Coke bottle to compete with Henne I don't care! Just find someone!
But in all honesty I don't think Ireland, Sparano, et al are serious about the QB position. They are still stuck in 'Project Big' trying to reincarnate the 1990 Giants and they honestly think Henne is their Phil Simms. Of course he isn't but...thats where we stand.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: June 01, 2011 01:27PM

Actually, I like the approach that the front office is taking regarding the QB postion. DolphanMark presented a well thought out argument with convincing data that suggests that Henne was really not "all that bad" behind a porous, third world line. Picking a QB in the first round would have been the sexy choice that most fans would have enthusiastically welcomed judging from the comments posted here. I'm stoked that they committed to building the OL first and will likely go into the season with Henne and supporting cast.
I expect that with better line play and more time to read the defense that Henne will finally mature and hit his stride. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. Play-offs this season.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 01, 2011 01:44PM

Hooligan, I agree with you that Henne was not the problem. I do think there is a question mark. I felt, however, that we had a unique opportunity to get Mallett, rated by some at one time as the second best QB in this draft. I felt we should have taken advantage of that unique opportunity. That's all. Given the fact that we chose approximately 6 or 7 people, I don't think it would have been devastating to use one of them on Mallett, particularly since we had already gotten the only OLineman we were to get in that draft.

Date: June 02, 2011 05:45AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hooligan, I agree with you that Henne was not the
> problem. I do think there is a question mark. I
> felt, however, that we had a unique opportunity to
> get Mallett, rated by some at one time as the
> second best QB in this draft. I felt we should
> have taken advantage of that unique opportunity.
> That's all. Given the fact that we chose
> approximately 6 or 7 people, I don't think it
> would have been devastating to use one of them on
> Mallett, particularly since we had already gotten
> the only OLineman we were to get in that draft.

Stop making so much sense Chyrene!! Moore is a terrible pick. So by that alone I'm pretty sure he will be Tapped as competition.

Saprano and Irlend do Not want a Championship calibur QB. They want a Caretaker. Henne has not even shown he could do that.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 02, 2011 05:55AM

Plenty of game experience? 11 starts? That's one hell of a stretch!

He is too skinny. 6 ft 3 193 lbs....bean pole that got his leg snapped.

God I hope this doesn't happen. It makes no sense to bring in a guy with less experience than Henne AND Thigpen to "compete". We need insurance as well. Mark Bulger makes sense. He is a true veteran....Moore is not.... no matter how some sports reporter tries to spin it.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: June 02, 2011 06:35AM

eesti Wrote:
> Plenty of game experience? 11 starts? That's one
> hell of a stretch!
>
> He is too skinny. 6 ft 3 193 lbs....bean pole that
> got his leg snapped.
>
> God I hope this doesn't happen. It makes no sense
> to bring in a guy with less experience than Henne
> AND Thigpen to "compete". We need insurance as
> well. Mark Bulger makes sense. He is a true
> veteran....Moore is not.... no matter how some
> sports reporter tries to spin it.

Maybe they're holding out hope that Pennington will come back spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: June 02, 2011 08:00AM

I'm getting a funny feeling in my gut (could be the beans i'm eating) that Ross's big QB splash for the season ticket sales, is gonna be to go after Vince Young to compete with Henne. Not sure how I'd feel about that.

Date: June 02, 2011 08:52AM

eesti Wrote:
> Plenty of game experience? 11 starts? That's one
> hell of a stretch!
>
> He is too skinny. 6 ft 3 193 lbs....bean pole that
> got his leg snapped.
>
> God I hope this doesn't happen. It makes no sense
> to bring in a guy with less experience than Henne
> AND Thigpen to "compete". We need insurance as
> well. Mark Bulger makes sense. He is a true
> veteran....Moore is not.... no matter how some
> sports reporter tries to spin it.

Man Don't you guys get it!? It makes a ton of sense. Because Saprano and Irlend DO NOT WANT any competition for their Robot creation. Think they want a hot shot rookie with a killer arm ? They want control. They want Run run run, and then kick a feild goal or run some more. Not Only does Henne do what he is told , he doesn't complain about it. Try to find a QB that says Yes sir, then runs and gets the newspaper

---
MOD's EDIT
-TCPF's unnecessary depiction of homo-erotica removed-
This was overall a good post, which is why I didn't delete it, but we're trying to keep things clean, remember? JC
----

thats the Big Picture. Thats why henne is staying , Thats why no New QB was picked, And thats why after a suckie season , the only way a new QB is picked at all is if these two are shown the door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 10:15AM by JC.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: June 02, 2011 09:23AM

Take a look at the quotes from Ireland outlining his criteria for adding a QB. Only a few fit...if you believe him. Young and Moore do not and I don't think Ross is interfering with Ireland's personnel choices to that extent.

I am not buying the Phil Simms analogy. Parcels is gone so I will give Ireland enough rope to hang himself.... before I lynch him.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 02, 2011 03:48PM

WHo???the hell is matt moore?

If henne doesnt beat out matt more well then...............just kick henne the hell out this team then...Please.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.