HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Judge ends lockout!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Judge ends lockout!
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 25, 2011 02:07PM

Rules in favor of players. I believe she also denied stay or is expected to.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Judge ends lockout!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 25, 2011 02:15PM

merge alert!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 25, 2011 03:09PM

IN B4 THE MERGE!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 25, 2011 03:28PM

What the f.ck is merge alert mean?

Date: April 25, 2011 03:28PM

OHH you mean threads lol.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 25, 2011 03:33PM

This ruling was expected, nothing happens until, Judge Nelson and then the appeals court rule on the stay. But the judge has created chaos with her ruling.

Agents are telling their clients especially those with large workout bonuses, to show up at 7 am before the court opens up, to try and claim workout bonuses before any judges can issues a stay.
The Owners have instructed the teams to continue under lockout guidelines. SO, What are we going to have a stand off at 7 am now, that is brilliant..lol
It should be a real mess tomorrow morning. jungle rules, for at least a couple of hours. Twitter should be interesting the next 12-24 hours...lol

This judge creating this chaos seems irresponsible, and seem as foolish as the guy who appointed her, to say the least. ...
I am fine with the ruling, as I said it is expected, but to deliver your ruling after working hours, and create this choas in the Am with no stay, it is foolish IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2011 03:36PM by Crowder52.

Date: April 25, 2011 03:42PM

So what happens tomorrow? Tonight? Till the Stay is granted?

Date: April 25, 2011 03:43PM

NFL position
“We do not intend to start the league year until we have had an opportunity to seek a stay,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello

Players, all over saying show up tomorrow morning. ie: Ryan Clark from the steelers said,
“I’m trying to get guys there at 8 o’clock, to get out there and show we want to be here, we want too be part of this organization and we want to be on the field,” Clark said.

This might just get uglier then it already is, tomorrow morning.

Date: April 25, 2011 03:44PM

Again what does this all mean? How long untill Stay is granted? Can teams make trades now with players?

Does this affect draft?

Date: April 25, 2011 03:48PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what happens tomorrow? Tonight? Till the Stay
> is granted?

Players are going to try and force themselves into the team facilities, and the teams are going to try and keep them locked out.
The NFL position is , the league year has not started, and will not do so until a ruling and appeal on the stay has happened.
The players position is the judge has ended the lockout and granted an injunction.

SHe has had the ruling ready since Friday as reported, she held the ruling until afters hours monday and did not grant a stay with it, Forcing this position, where the owners do not have a chance to request a stay from her and the 8th until business hours of some time tomorrow.

It is really a shady tactic, she took by releasing the ruling after the courts are closed....

Date: April 25, 2011 03:51PM

I get that so what does that mean MAN...

COME ON YOU SMART BOOKY PEOPLE!!!!!

Date: April 25, 2011 03:53PM

The stay should be ruled on by tomorrow. But it has to go in front of Judge Nelson again first and then to the 8th. If Judge Nelson, doesnt stall from ruling on the stay and or the stay going to the appleas courts, then it should happen tomorrow.

But until the rule, the lockout has technically been lifted. But the NFL says it has not stared its new year yet. SO it is a mess.

I do not imgagine owners will sign FA or trade. WHich will probably provoke more filings of antitrust lawsuits and more court hearings...

It does not affect the draft ,because the draft was negotiated as part of the last CBA.
If both Judge Nelson and the appeals court reject the stay , then anything is possible...

Date: April 25, 2011 03:57PM

Ok so stay can happen tomorrow. If it doesnt then prob end of week untill rulling????

Teams can trade in draft and all that if no stay this week?

Whats likely hood of stay happening within the week?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 25, 2011 03:58PM

Lol Crowder, you crack me up. This judge is "irresponsible and careless" because she didn't rule your way, what are you gonna say if the 8th circuit doesn't rule your way?

Date: April 25, 2011 04:03PM

The rulings on the stay are likely to come tomorrow, but releasing her ruling after hours was completely, unexpected, so there is no telling what this judge will do.

I imagine it will happen before the draft, without a doubt. The chaos involved if it doesnt would be horrible for everybody involved.

Teams could technically trade right now or sign FA based on the players position.

Based on owners position at this point of night ,the league year has not happened and therefore the organizations are not opened for business.

Date: April 25, 2011 04:06PM

Date: April 25, 2011 04:18PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 25, 2011 04:29PM

the only way the league wins the appeal is if the 8th cir agrees with their jurisdictional argument. otherwise they are toast

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 25, 2011 05:40PM

C'mon Crowder, just be honest about it, you saying you're "fine" with this ruling is like my wife saying she's "fine" after I tell her those new jeans make her arse look big........not buying it! Still like and respect your thoughts, but i'm not retracting anything.cool smiley

I do agree that this will get stayed tomorrow from either Nelson herself or the 8th Circuit, then the appeals will take a few weeks (unless the 2 sides come to their senses and agree on something first). This ruling is definately not the end, but it nudges it a little closer/sooner to ending IMO.

Date: April 25, 2011 06:49PM

This is far from over. It will get worse before it gets better.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: April 25, 2011 08:06PM

Date: April 26, 2011 03:20AM

Dolphaholic-
Sorry I am not like your wife, when you tell her she looks fat in her jeans. I am fine with the ruling. It is expected, as I said before, I didnt expect a recent appointment of the most union supported president since Roosevelt, to make a ruling that does not favor labor. I would have bet the house, she was going to make this ruling, and I made that claim from the day I found out the history of Judge Nelson. So I am, whether or not you want to spin it otherwise, 100 percent, ok with this ruling, and why she made the ruling of law she made. I understand, and actually respect her opinion.

Do I agree, no i dont agree. Forcing ownership to operate under conditions they feel are against their best interests seems illegal to me.
If the NFL owners are truly facing significant financial ruin, like what happen to our past owner Joe RObbie's family, without obtaining relief on employment costs. Nelson is basically saying that’s just tough sh*t! Her position is that, “intangible” harm to the public outweighs the tangible financial harm to the owners. I find that to be unamerican. Sorry, I do.
I think her decision backed up her political philosophies, and that is what I expected as well as predicted.

I do think it was foolish, to issues the ruling after hours, and create the chaos that has insued all night, among all parties involved.

Based on the ruling, the NFL as we know it is in jeaopardy, No draft is a real possibility. No leauge minimum, so owners can pay players whatever they want, so a majoirty of guys are going to make less IMO, and a small percentage are going to make more.
There will be no rookie wage scale, so the veterans will be hurt further.
Yeah this hurts the players more then it helps them IMO, if the ruling stands.

Berk-
I agree from what Lester Munson says in his piece, the ruling is written iron clad, Nelson was very thorough with her ruling, trying to protect the ruling from overturn on appeall.
It would seem the owners best chance and maybe only chance, is on the ruling of law on jurisdiction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2011 03:26AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 26, 2011 05:23AM

Rosenhaus said he has instructed all of his clients to show up team facilities. The only one I heard from on the DOlphins make a comment or tweet was WIll Allen said he showed up at Dolphins facility and still not allowed to wokout at faciliy.

Date: April 26, 2011 06:27AM

Give it some time.

Look at Will Allen lol I found that extremley funny.

Look's like somone didnt get the memo lol.

Ohhhh lol The IR guy lol... Man you can tell he miss's playing I like that he still has the passion burning.

I hope the year an half off helped him keep his leg's fresh, so he can play for another two years.

Date: April 26, 2011 06:27AM

Give it some time.

Look at Will Allen lol I found that extremley funny.

Look's like somone didnt get the memo lol.

Ohhhh lol The IR guy lol... Man you can tell he miss's playing I like that he still has the passion burning.

I hope the year an half off helped him keep his leg's fresh, so he can play for another two years.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 06:34AM

smileys with beer CHAOS!! smileys with beer

Date: April 26, 2011 10:53AM

No Chaos, because nothing has changed.

No one want's to do anything, so this is rather pointless...

Date: April 26, 2011 11:34AM

I would expect the owners, and press and NFLPA executives might differ with you. on the chaos going on behind the scenes right now
MIA. Not many involved in the above got much sleep last night,

But you are right today has been anticlimatic, but that is to be expected, the players and executives want to play it like it is all over and they won. WHich they should they got the ruling they wanted, but the reality is, alot is still unknown, and the players are holding their breath right now, hoping nothing happens on appeall.

I find it odd that everyone wants and agrees that we need a collective bargaining agreement on both sides to move forward if you listen to the tweets today from players and owners reps. But the judge ruling was basicly saying a ruling that lockout is illegal becasue there is not a union and collective bargaining doesnt and will not exist... All of this is a path to a new CBA but the judge wrote 89 pages about how everthing the owners was doing was wrong becasue of the decertification. THis is all one big mouse trap, double talk, in a circle twice for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.