HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2009 Opponents
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2009 Opponents
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 30, 2008 04:59AM

From SI.com

Miami
Home: Buffalo, New England, N.Y. Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Tampa Bay
Away: Buffalo, New England, N.Y. Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, San Diego, Atlanta, Carolina

Ouch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2009 Opponents
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 30, 2008 05:23AM

Alot could happen in one year.

For example...going into 2008, everyone thought playing Cleveland would have been tougher than it actually was since they declined so much. Same goes for the Saints and early season Chargers as well as the Jaguars.

I think we will own the Jets next year and the Bills and may split with NE. Indy will always be tough as long as Manning is healthy. Atlanta could do the same thing Cleveland did this year and only be a one year wonder. Carolina is only one QB injury away from an 8-8 season. Houston is playing well at the end but that has been their m.o. No one knows if they can build on that next year or if Schaub will revert back to his inconsistent self.

There were about 13 teams this year that had high hopes and that were highly touted but they all choked. At the opposite end of the spectrum, only about 6 teams exceeded expectations. Miami, Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore..etc

You say "ouch" but I see 10 wins if we play like we did this year. If we improve, which I am confident we will, we could end up with more wins. You just never know in this league.

If we have another off season like we did this year or one even close...we will become a dominant team.

We got Merling, Langford, Long, Thomas and Bess out of one college class and Pennington, Smiley, Fasano and Ayodele out of other transactions. That's 9 heavy contributors and 8 solid starters.

If next year we can do 70-80% of that and come away with 6 or 7 upgrades at key positions like ILB, FS, WR, CB, G, KR, PR or ST's then we are one quality team through and through. The future is looking good!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 30, 2008 06:05AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We got Merling, Langford, Long, Thomas and Bess
> out of one college class and Pennington, Smiley,
> Fasano and Ayodele out of other transactions.
> That's 9 heavy contributors and 8 solid starters.
>
>
> If next year we can do 70-80% of that and come
> away with 6 or 7 upgrades at key positions like
> ILB, FS, WR, CB, G, KR, PR or ST's then we are one
> quality team through and through. The future is
> looking good!

Agreed. We also need either in free agency or the draft, a DT. Ferguson is still playing at a high level but isn't getting any younger.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 30, 2008 06:41AM

Ouch!

That schedule is brutal.

Houston kicked our butts, they were 0-4 and ended up 8-8. There's no easy breaks in that schedule.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 30, 2008 07:10AM

greg woulf Wrote:
> Ouch!
>
> That schedule is brutal.
>
> Houston kicked our butts, they were 0-4 and ended
> up 8-8. There's no easy breaks in that schedule.

Huh, A miracle catch by Andre Johnson doesn't equate to a butt kicking.

Still, we're 0-for the texans in the overall series. We're due

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 30, 2008 10:00AM

They had more passing yards than us, more rushing yards, way more special team yards. They had time of posession, fewer penalties and 9 more 1st downs than us.

We were close because of two turnovers, but they were pushing us around.

I think we're the better team now, but it's not an easy game, I don't see any easy ones on our schedule. There's no Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland, or even KC or San Fran.

Jacksonville is 8th in the 2009 draft, that's the closest we come to an easy game, and Jax still has some talent once they get healthy.

I don't know where we rank as far as difficulty in schedule, but we have to be near the top of the most difficult.

Posted by: tueful13 ()
Date: December 30, 2008 10:15AM

I would much rather have NE schedule only cause of who they play at home and away...They play Balt and Den...we play Pitt and SD...That is the only difference but the harder teams they face are at home...We were pretty dern good away this year though so maybe it won't matter...and like everyone is saying...you never know about the other teams come next year they could tank...

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: December 30, 2008 10:21AM

Not taking away the great accomplishment of 2008 and I think it's a MUCH bigger feat than Indy's 10 game turnaround in Peyton's 2nd season.

No question 2009 schedule will be tougher than 2008.
We were 7-1 against a weak AFC West and NFC West.

I'm still optimistic about 2009 AND this weekend's playoff game.

Posted by: Ct Fin Fan ()
Date: December 30, 2008 10:32AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
> greg woulf Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ouch!
> >
> > That schedule is brutal.
> >
> > Houston kicked our butts, they were 0-4 and
> ended
> > up 8-8. There's no easy breaks in that
> schedule.
>
>
> Huh, A miracle catch by Andre Johnson doesn't
> equate to a butt kicking.
>
> Still, we're 0-for the texans in the overall
> series. We're due

Now I may have had a couple beers while watching that game but I remember losing by only 1 point when Matt Schaub walked in for a TD. That was not a butt kicking....We should of won that one.

Posted by: wizmedic ()
Date: December 30, 2008 12:15PM

Hello...

Does anyone happen to know when the Dolphins 'Might" play the Vikings? My brother is a big Vikings fan and we would like to see an NFL game when both the Dolphins and Vikings play each other.

Thanks.....

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 30, 2008 12:19PM

Should be 2010. 2007 we played the NFC East...this year the NFC West...2009, NFC South.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.