HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RT - Quick Read
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
RT - Quick Read
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 30, 2012 11:35AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RT - Quick Read
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:16PM

I saw that as well and thought it was interesting. I read somewhere that Tannyhill already knew 70% of the playbook coming in so I guess he could of got a handle on the other 30% in three hours, although I doubt he knows it insideout. Probably just a basic understanding as I'm guessing the concepts are pretty familiar to him.

All in all, his knowledge of the playbook and terminology will help his development immensely. He not only knows the QB responsibilities but has a great understanding of WR responsibilities as well. Depending on how he looks in practice against a real NFL defense (decision making wise), I wouldn't be shocked to see him start early this year.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: April 30, 2012 01:58PM

The media are really underestimating what an advantage it is for Tannehill to have been in this offense for the last 4 years. If you watch that Jon Gruden/Tannehill QB School show, you see them talking about NFL routes. He is throwing 18 yard outs, and most college offenses limit them to 15 yards. He's also throwing deep comeback routes from the far hash of the field. Those are big time throws, and not routes most college QBs throw. He's also very sharp. He got a 34 on the Wonderlic. The average chemist scores a 31. He is going to learn quickly.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: April 30, 2012 06:19PM

Agree with the above. I watched Gruden's camp again (3rd time) and Thill has a really polished look most of the time. Very smooth drop, nice motion, tight spiral, accurate (on some passes amazingly accurate!), and the kid has a DECEPTIVELY strong arm (“deceptive” because his motion is so smooth and effortless looking). He seems to be a football junkie, a super hard worker, and is obviously highly intelligent.

Not to get all homer about things but... based on what I’ve seen I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he proves to be the BEST QB taken in this draft. Yea yea. I know there’s a long way to go. But the kid seems to have the total package (tough, and a very good athlete for the position, et cetera..). And for sure, the fact he’s coming into the EXACT system he ran in college, with essentially the same coaching staff, is a HUGE factor. That should really help him get his NFL game up and running and amp his confidence in a big way!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 30, 2012 07:21PM

I got a kick out of Gruden when he said he'd never seen a QB teach a WR how to run a route before until he watched RT practice.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 30, 2012 07:24PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got a kick out of Gruden when he said he'd never
> seen a QB teach a WR how to run a route before
> until he watched RT practice.

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on that wide receiver talk.

Date: April 30, 2012 07:44PM

lol

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 09:00PM

All statistics aside, I am now starting to see why the phins picked Tannehill. Looks like he will be a perfect fit.

Date: April 30, 2012 09:18PM

rick1355 Wrote:
> All statistics aside, I am now starting to see why
> the phins picked Tannehill. Looks like he will be
> a perfect fit.

I admit that I was pretty skeptical and wary of him right before the draft, but the more I study this cat, the more he impresses me. Impressed enough to not believe he was a reach at all. In fact, I think this team would have been stupid if they didn't draft him.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:03AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Agree with the above. I watched Gruden's camp
> again (3rd time) and Thill has a really polished
> look most of the time. Very smooth drop, nice
> motion, tight spiral, accurate (on some passes
> amazingly accurate!), and the kid has a
> DECEPTIVELY strong arm (“deceptive” because
> his motion is so smooth and effortless looking).
> He seems to be a football junkie, a super hard
> worker, and is obviously highly intelligent.
>
> Not to get all homer about things but... based on
> what I’ve seen I wouldn’t be shocked at all if
> he proves to be the BEST QB taken in this draft.
> Yea yea.

That explains it.

Last night I was at the dolphin homer fan meeting (sorry I missed you BNF) and I went to get a drink of orange kook-aid from the Jeff Ireland concession stand and they said they were sold out!

Now I know why...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: May 01, 2012 08:32AM

Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: May 02, 2012 07:07AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.