HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ryan Tannehill = Chan Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Ryan Tannehill = Chan Henne
Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:55AM

If Tannehill was taken in the later rounds, like in the 3rd or 4th round I would be fine with that ! smiling smiley This was definitely a big reach. I feel sorry for all the people who believe Tannehill will be the "Savior" of the franchise. The fins passed on some impact players and its sad to see that happen again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DolfanKing ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:59AM

THE Truth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> That's the nuts and bolts of the whole situation.
>
> If he's good, he'd have been worth the 3rd pick.
>
> If he doesn't pan out he wouldn't be worth the mr
> irrelevant pick.
>

The same thing could have been said about Henne 4 years ago.

Top ten QBs are guys like RG3 and Luck. You know they got the goods, and if they don't pan out it is usually something big - like they go Ryan Leaf mental, or have a major injury, or play behind horrible O-lines for years on end.

But Tannehill, I don't see the goods. I see some potential, but its not like he was lighting it up on the college circuit.

What I see is a guy who is mid second round material - just like Chad Henne - only this time picked as a top ten QB.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: April 27, 2012 07:07AM

The guy hasn't even played a snap and already people are moaning and complaining. How typical of Dolphinville. How about wait a year and see how he plays, then you guys can legitimately complain. Seems to me that he might be okay. Time will tell.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: April 27, 2012 08:06AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 08:48AM

So he shall be treated as a MIA1TYPETROLL

Date: April 27, 2012 08:49AM

but with some reading and writting credentials.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 09:55AM

Date: April 27, 2012 09:56AM

You guys shouldnt call people who disagree with you Trolls. Otherwise we all can do it.. SHould I call everybody I disagree with on the selection a Troll as well..

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: April 27, 2012 10:02AM

I don't think Dolfanking is a troll. Just an upset dolphan that registered last night to vent out his frustration with the pick, which is fine.

I disagree though, I love the pick, we are taking a chance to be great finally. If it doesn't work out then everyone gets fired and we try again, thats life in the NFL.

Date: April 27, 2012 10:04AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> You guys shouldnt call people who disagree with
> you Trolls. Otherwise we all can do it.. SHould I
> call everybody I disagree with on the selection a
> Troll as well..

But they all have a point crowder...

After the draft he makes a handle and has just like 10 posts and they are all about been negative about our pick...

Now if it was you who've been here through thick and thin...you got over 3K posts.....Nobody would call you a troll.

He is a troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley

Date: April 27, 2012 10:22AM

SamSam-
If a guy joined last night, and his post were all about how great the pick was, would he still be a troll in your eyes.. Or he is only a troll becasue he doesn't like the pick and he is new

All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Nietzsche

Date: April 27, 2012 10:28AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> SamSam-
> If a guy joined last night, and his post were
> all about how great the pick was, would he still
> be a troll in your eyes.. Or he is only a troll
> becasue he doesn't like the pick and he is new

the fact that he joined last night really does not matter crowder...

What matters is the fact that all his posts (all 10 of them) have been negative. he hasnt had one single postive post so far. Iam still waiting for him to say something positive....

And i will add to that...

I was negative about us drafting tannehill i even said he was a scrub.

Now we drafted him and what does a phin fan like me have left to do but
to hope and wish he turns out to be great.

Thats the difference from him to me.

He is a TROLL and am not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 10:29AM by samsam3738.

Date: April 27, 2012 10:29AM

Tannehill is not a bust, we must give the kid a chance. He was taken way too early. Lets hope that our FO has turned this pick into one of the NFL's greatest picks of all time. Wouldn't it be great to see this on ESPN every year ? I will always remember how wrong I was about him. What a memory smiling smiley Let's go Phins smileys with beer

Date: April 27, 2012 10:39AM

Dolphin1423-
I am not that thrilled about the pick, but I will hope for the best, and hope I am wrong about not liking the selection... I just think with the draught of us selecting a 1st rd QB, and that being a sexy position and position of need, people wanted it and had a bit of blinders on regarding the pick.. It could have been anybody with a QB postion, and the people that like it are gonna like it, becasue of it being a QB picked in the 1st rd...
People that dont like it IMO, have valid reason to not like it... Peole that like it, have valid reason to like him.. It is all what attributes, you wanted to put the most weight in... Sure the guy looked great, scrambling and avoiding attackers in and out of the pocket. He is an athlete, he can run, he is 6 ft 4 inches, he is smart....
But he also didnt have a great senior year, he had a major problem closing out games. He lost 6 games, and 4 losses and 1 win against ranked teams. He played in a weak defensive conference. He doesnt have alot of experience, he played more WR then QB for 2 years. He had the lowest completion percentage of draftable QB's in a weak defensive conference to boot...
SO i understand both sides, but I believe I value, the concerns higher then others..
But i am just a die-hard fan, I hope our GM is right... He has passed on alot of QB's, to draft Tannehill was a shock.. I dont know what he see's more special in Tannehill, then they saw in Matt Ryan, or Flacco, etc... I am not sure, but surpising to me... We passed on Matt RYan but Tannehill sparked the interest...

Nietzsche

Date: April 27, 2012 10:41AM

and dolfanking i do apologize if you are in fact just a dolphin fan whos tired about us stinking for so long.

Date: April 27, 2012 10:46AM

SamSam,
I think the guy is just a frustrated Dolphins fan... A high time of interest for this site, I am sure was last night..
He wants to talk to other Dolphins fans about it, he vented his frustrations with the selection, that doesnt make him a troll. He doesnt understand the dynamics of this site. If I joined another site last night, i wouldnt have been cheering about the pick...
I dont think you are a troll, or he is a troll... But that is just me...
Give the guy time, he has only been a part of one topic.. But if we start calling people a troll after one topic, that isnt a good for the community either IMO...

Nietzsche

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 10:47AM by Crowder52.

Date: April 27, 2012 10:46AM

I Don't like the pick myself. Tannehill is ours now, lets hope for the best. This team could use a pleasant surprise at the QB position. I don't mind being wrong on Tannehill smileys with beer To rounds 2 & 3 we go .....

Date: April 27, 2012 10:48AM

rick1355 Wrote:
> I Don't like the pick myself. Tannehill is ours
> now, lets hope for the best. This team could use a
> pleasant surprise at the QB position. I don't mind
> being wrong on Tannehill smileys with beer To rounds 2 & 3 we
> go .....

Crowder you see what i mean.....This post is exactly how a "EDIT Legitimate" dolphin fan should feel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 10:49AM by samsam3738.

Date: April 27, 2012 10:59AM

Sam Sam, Everybody is different, I had to go outside and walk off the pick last night i was so pissed... I didnt even log back onto the site, all I could keep saying was F*ck, over and over really loud...my neighbors thought I was nuts...lol.. i woke up this morning, and it was still pretty bad, but not quite as frustrated.... I really like Luke Kuechly, and he was there and then selected right after us by Carolina, it rubbed me wrong

Nietzsche

Date: April 27, 2012 11:02AM

LOL....

I wonder how you felt when we passed on brees, rodgers...

When we picked eddie moore....GOD.....Beat me up now.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 27, 2012 11:03AM

DK. The point is that the pick has been made. There is nothing we can do now except to hope its for the best and look on the bright side.

We can't change history. We do know that either Sherman or Ireland will have their heads cut off if this does not turn out fabulously well, not just well, but they're gone even if he turns out to be only a Colt McCoy.

And as one of the chief Henne Supporters on this board, I don't agree with you that he seems to be another Chad Henne.

Chad Henne did not have Tannehill's control of the team.

The only thing you can arguably say that Henne's talents are better than Tannehill's is Henne was stronger and was able to shake off a sack easier.

But Tannehill can do much better in results by his feet by simply evading the sacker and making more than 10 yards by his feet.

And Henne was in no ways a field general but was a follower.

He never did shake off the silly plays sent in by the OC.

It took Matt Moore to at least do that.

Let's support him.

Date: April 27, 2012 11:08AM

Chyren, it is still a bit of a fresh wound, some take a little longer then other to turn the page... I havent completely... I dont like the pick, but I will root for the guy, is the only way to explain it...

Nietzsche

Date: April 27, 2012 11:14AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Sam Sam, Everybody is different, I had to go
> outside and walk off the pick last night i was so
> pissed... I didnt even log back onto the site, all
> I could keep saying was F*ck, over and over really
> loud...my neighbors thought I was nuts...lol.. i
> woke up this morning, and it was still pretty bad,
> but not quite as frustrated.... I really like Luke
> Kuechly, and he was there and then selected right
> after us by Carolina, it rubbed me wrong

I would love for the phins to pick Luke Kuechly. What a stud player and an instant impact. DE would have been nice also to help out Wake and our secondary. Our secondary will be much improved with a great pass rush from both ends. Watching some great players slip past us is painful ...

Date: April 27, 2012 11:16AM

crowder thats the difference from us to the trolls....

The trolls will get on tannehills case even though he hasnt even have a chance to play a down in the nfl yet. They will not give him a chance.

We on the other hand will stand by what they did......And hope for the best.

And am not calling anyone a troll anymore........ am just saying.

Everybody has the right to their opinion.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: April 27, 2012 11:17AM

Personally, I don't like the pick either. I don't necessarily think RT will be a bust though. Right now we have two QB's that can start at that position so hopefully they'll do what's right by RT and let him hold the clipboard for a FULL season....maybe two.

It hurts to know that we spent a #8 on someone who will probably need a lot of time to get mature but if it works out and he turns out to be another Aaron Rodgers, then kudos to Ireland and staff. My guess is that we won't know for two or three years.

Call me crazy but I would've liked to sneak up and grab Kahlil. Build a dominant OL, find a couple good receivers and give Moore the reigns. I believe he can be a top 10 QB if he has weapons and protection.

Anyway, we got who we got so the next few years will be building around Tannehill. If you don't like it, don't buy tickets or dolphin gear or the DTV sunday ticket (which is only $199 this year btw)!

Date: April 27, 2012 11:19AM

Only 199?

I rather buy groceries with that. I can see every game on tv. they been selling out for a while now.

Date: April 27, 2012 11:21AM

It should be against the law to black out a dolphin game.

Maybe our next republican president will approve that law.

Just because we live in democracy doesnt mean we have to have a democrat president.

Long live the phins and republican presidents.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: April 27, 2012 11:24AM

It beats the crap out of $329!

Of course, I got it free last year. Maybe I can threaten to leave for Dish again and get another one free year. smoking smiley

...oh and living in NC, we don't get many televised games unless they're national and we don't have many of them this year.

Date: April 27, 2012 11:34AM

LOL. Call them what do have to lose..

A few minutes of your time.

you can only gain from this...

This happened to me...

I called comcast a couple of years ago and said. I want to just disconnect the cable.....those were my first words...

they said we can give you a discount for a year. there is a promotion.

I got the same channels for almost 40 bucks less. Hah.

Been a comcast customer for like 30 years. I do not have a contract with them

Date: April 27, 2012 11:37AM

was paying like 80 bucks and this was a promotion already..

ended up paying like 45 a month hbo cinemax showtime stars

everything else..

Maybe i should call again.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.