HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phil Simms beyond biased!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phil Simms beyond biased!!!!
Posted by: opus ()
Date: December 28, 2008 12:37PM

If I hear Phil bad mouth the phins one more time I think I am going to pop an an aneurysm!!! His lips are soooo attached to Brett Farve's backside he is risking permanent chapping!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phil Simms beyond biased!!!!
Posted by: miamifann ()
Date: December 28, 2008 12:39PM

It's cause he is OLD. It's like when George Foreman came back to boxing.. Who supported him? Older people...

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 12:48PM

Especially all the BS talk of PI on the Ginn TD....even my wife was telling Simms to STFU!

Date: December 28, 2008 01:06PM

PHINSKISS13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Especially all the BS talk of PI on the Ginn
> TD....even my wife was telling Simms to STFU!

My 14 year old daughter told him to "go die in a hole!!" smiling smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:13PM

Biased or not biased........We kicked some jets @$$.

From this year on we own the dam jets.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:20PM

He was nearly crying at the end of the game. LOL!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:04PM

how about when he tried to justify Favre's pass that got called for intentional grounding??

Literally said something to the effect of "I know there wasn't anyone in the area, but everyone was covered...what was he supposed to do? He was trying to avoid the sack!" His description of why it shouldn't have been called was basically word-for-word the description of the penalty.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:07PM

Yes............... he said... what was he supposed to do?......

I think what he was suppose to do was throw it where there was a receiver or at least near a reciver phill ,not throw it 45 yards down the field where there was absolutely nobody. Clearly intentional grounding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 04:09PM by samsam3738.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:09PM

He also said Pennington should have been in the Pro Bowl and that he deserves consideration for NFL MVP.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 28, 2008 07:50PM

Date: December 28, 2008 07:52PM

He also said that Farve deserves to be in the same class a Marino.confused smiley

Playing until your ancient just to break a few records isn't exactly class.

Posted by: Westcoastphinfan ()
Date: December 28, 2008 08:04PM

I have heard Phil Simms on many occasions, and he is biased against the Dolphins, but it doesn't matter. He just announces, but I agree he is not our best buddy in the broadcast booth.

In today's Jets game, that was a very late flag on the intentional grounding. I told my wife before TV showed a penalty that this case was clearly a clear cut example of intentional grounding because Favre never bothered to run outside the tackle box, and there was no receiver within 20 yards of the ball. I was getting upset with the officials, but then at the last moment, somebody called it, thank goodness. But you are right, that was a dumb comment by Phil Simms trying to justify the non-call.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 29, 2008 02:58AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 29, 2008 03:49AM

Simms must have hated it when Parcells came to Miami. The coach that won him 2 Superbowls now running a team he hates.

I honestly don't understand Simms' hatred for Miami. He played in the NFC and never faced Miami in a really meaningful game. He must have a lot of friends who are ex-Jets.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: December 29, 2008 04:27AM

So glad this topic was brought up, and many here have pointed to some of the flagrant smack in your face examples except the one that really chapped my seat cushions...the 3rd interception. Phil was jumping up and down for a penalty and for Mangini to throw the red flag cause Miami had 12 men on the field, but then had to apologize when he realized it was merely motion by Nate Jones moving left to right...not him trying to run off the field. His Jet love was really out of control on that play. We have always had commentators in the booth, who have been associated with one of the teams playing, and you get some small bias and lots of "when we" examples throughout the game, but not to the extent of what we saw yesterday. This was a nationally televised game, and the only game I was able to get on TV all season, and it felt like I was watching a Jets visual radio broadcast. Pathetic.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 29, 2008 04:49AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He also said that Farve deserves to be in the same
> class a Marino.confused smiley
>
> Playing until your ancient just to break a few
> records isn't exactly class.

Simms said Favre is one of the top three "passers" of all time along with Marino and Elway and I have to agree with this...but I would have to add Montana in their as well even though he played a many well rounded teams. Favre, as much as I have learned to dislike him, being a Jet and all...broke all of Marino's career records. He did it last year and was in the Pro Bowl. Throwing for 4,155 yards, 28 Td & 15 Int's in 2007 is hardly "hanging on". He also led his team to a Championship in 96. Winning a SB is a team victory but he was magic back then. To be able to play 18 years and never miss a game is incredible and I have to give him his due. He is a true first ballot HOFer.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 29, 2008 04:50AM

i noticed it too......i don't know why Simms was being so biased.

Date: December 29, 2008 05:07AM

I wonder if it has a bit to do with jealousy that Dan is on the national show and he is still in the booth? Boomer, who is an ex Jet, was far less biased in his comments during the pre and post than Sims was during the game. I loved watching Dan pump his fist very subtely during the pre game show when they talked about the Jets vs. Dolphins matchup, you could tell he wished he could go out and go up against Favre!!

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 29, 2008 05:08AM

Favre was a fantastic QB for many years. He has probably played too long; but the guy just loves to play football. I can't dislike him for that.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:04AM

Posted by: phinphaninga ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:36AM

Well Phin-Phanns,I am sooooo glad that I was not the only person to turn off the broad-cast and turn up the web cast of "OUR" announcers via the internet.(I am so glad that my son thought of this, probablly got tired of me throwing nerf footballs and sreaming WTF at Philly-Boy". Is there any way that we can get a petition together and be sure that "Philly Sims" AKA "HOLE" dosen't embarrass CBS again ? This almost got to me as bad as the idiot from the early 80's that called Dan (MARRANO, you know light "maranara sauce"...) Well, I feel beter now. I just hope that the fans in FLA "PACK THE STANDS" and shake the rafters to give the Ravens a "WARM Headache".

JT in GA

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 29, 2008 10:43AM

Simms is a jackass.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 29, 2008 11:53AM

You guys are right on about Simms, but right now, NOTHING can get me upset. Phins are IN. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.