HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Playoffs! Future matchups.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Playoffs! Future matchups.
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: December 27, 2008 06:30AM

Beating the Jets gets us a probable rematch with the Ravens. Stop the run and we go on most likely to Pittsburgh. Upset the Steelers and we may host the AFC championship against the Colts, who will beat the Chargers and upset the Titans.
That's my dream, you never know!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Playoffs! Future matchups.
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 27, 2008 08:56AM

I think that the second part of your dream is more likely than the first part. The dolphin beating the ravens, steelers and colts is a run for the ages.

I am a huge fish fan but their is no question that the ravens have an overall better team than we do. I know that any given sunday but to make a run you have to be an elite team. I wanna believe that we can do it but I believe that once again that 4 of the top 6 teams are in the afc. Three of which we would have to face in order to get to the big dance.

We have made a tremendous turn around but I dont believe that we are amongst the elite. I hope I am wrong but I feel that we are not playing our best football right now. Their have been spotty weeks where I felt we could compete with almost anyone, but right now how far we go will depend on our defense stopping the run (not as good as a few weeks back) and play calling.

Re: Playoffs! Future matchups.
Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 27, 2008 09:35AM

i don't think we are more skilled than any of the other teams that will be in the playoffs... except for maybe Denver, but the one thing we have going for us is we play smarter than anyone else so it makes up some of the gaps in skill level.

Usually the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game... we are on pace to set the record for the fewest turnover in a season. If we keep that up in the playoffs we have a shot, especially if our defense gets us the ball back a few times.

Really I think in a close-fought game we always have a chance. How many times have we seen Chad Pennington flip a switch when the fourth quarter starts and grind out a long drive for a win?? I think it has been nearly every week. In fact I think that may be part of this team's game plan.Against teams with high-powered offenses I think we are in trouble... but against the Ravens, Steelers, and Titans we have a chance. We definitely wouldn't be favorites in any of those games, but we could be competitive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.