HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami 1-4 Rd Draft Choices for 2009
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Miami 1-4 Rd Draft Choices for 2009
Posted by: Columbia-Phin ()
Date: December 29, 2008 05:57AM

I know its early but I cant hold it anymore: I will hit on one!

1. Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA
2. Herman Johnson, LG, LSU
2. Jared Cook, TE, SC
3. Jasper Brinkley, ILB, S.Carolina
4. Demonte Bolden, DT, Tennessee.

Here's Why?
1. Moreno is a cant miss RB and the best in the draft as he has all the physical tools to include a terrific attitude and love for the game. At 5'11, 212 he will be a great addition.

2. Big Herman Johnson, nothing get through him, at 6-9, 380, more than holds his own look for him to make immediate impact at LG.

3. Jared Cook, TE, 6'5 247, Cook recently turned a 4.37 40, has the best hands of any TE in the draft, blocking will need some work, but he is deadly in the passing game and a mismatch for any LB. For those wanting to see him, watch the Outback Bowl as he along with #3 will be in action.

4. Jasper Brinkly, 6'2, 267, ILB, Jasper is simply put a beast who can hit, season ending knee surgery last year but has really come on strong, he is a player who puts it all on the line and can hhit like no other. He will be a steal in the 3rd rd (i want the phins to land him) but I feel he will be gone in the 2nd.

5. Demonte Bolden, 6'6 295, DT from Tennessee, solid lineman who can become a good one in time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami 1-4 Rd Draft Choices for 2009
Posted by: cshashaty ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:05AM

oy.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:07AM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 29, 2008 06:58AM

I cannot see the Dolphins drafting a running back with the 1st pick. If they go offense, I suspect it would be a wideout. However, I fully expect the Phins to select the best available DT or LB with that pick.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 07:28AM

Where's the DB? FS?

2A-I think HERMAN JOHNSON would be an awesome addition to this team. He may still be around by the time we choose with that REDSKINS pick.

Depth at RB is essential- but taking one in the 1st round when we have 2 accomplished backs and COBB, doesn't seem most logical.

CJ SPILLER might me a more logical choice with the 2B pick, if you think we need another RB.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 07:53AM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 09:23AM

First 2 picks I am not to crazy about we have a hard time sharing time right now with RW and RB. I like our backfield just fine. i would take some secondary help, WR, OL and DL help. We could sure use another good LB. With another good solid draft this team could be sick next year.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 29, 2008 10:06AM

Don't need a RB or a TE. We need a WR, ILB, DT, FS, OLB & someone who can play T and G.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 29, 2008 10:59AM

1-BJ RAJI DT
2a-HERMAN JOHNSON G
2b-DARRY BECKWITH ILB
3-DERRICK WILLIAMS WR

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 29, 2008 11:16AM

I think we should go DL, DB or WR in the first round. Depends who falls into our lap.

I know we are still alive and in the playoffs but its really exciting to think about yet another AFC east title next year.

There is NO stopping us. No one does it better. Breakin' Part 1.

Yeah the electro rocks had their fun at the beginning but awsome turbo and kelly burned them at the end.

Same happened with the phish and jets.

GO PHINS.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 29, 2008 03:35PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is NO stopping us. No one does it better.
> Breakin' Part 1.
>
> Yeah the electro rocks had their fun at the
> beginning but awsome turbo and kelly burned them
> at the end.
>
> Same happened with the phish and jets.

Just curious. How many of you guys have seen that movie? Please tell me I am not the only one to never have seen it. Breakin' Part 1? Was there actually a sequel?

Date: December 29, 2008 05:06PM

NEVER seen that.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 30, 2008 04:28AM

That was back in the 1980s...Yes there is a sequel..

Breakin' Part 2 Electric bogaloo.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: December 30, 2008 07:54AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> That was back in the 1980s...Yes there is a
> sequel..
>
> Breakin' Part 2 Electric bogaloo.

Someone please tell me how this message board ends up with the comment above?
By the way, wasn't Lisa Lisa in Part 2? My God did she have a great body smiling smiley

Date: December 30, 2008 09:14AM

CHECK OUT my mock draft TOPIC for real draft talk and none of this SISSY dance dance revolution crap talk.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 31, 2008 03:58AM

With Ronnie, Ricky, and Cobbs signed for next year, we won't be drafting a RB that high. And with Martin, Fasano, and Haynos under contract for next year, we won't be drafting a TE, either.

Our needs will depend on what happens with our own free agents, like Carey, Crowder, Bell, Goodman, and Hill. I know people like to bash Hill, but the coaching staff and players cite his moving back to the starting FS role as the biggest reason for the turnaround of the secondary. Granted, it's because of his knowledge and communication, and not necessarily his skills. We already know for sure we have needs at WR, ILB (to upgrade Ayodele), and NT.

Date: December 31, 2008 04:02AM

so who would you draft mark?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 31, 2008 04:35AM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> And
> with Martin, Fasano, and Haynos under contract for
> next year, we won't be drafting a TE, either.
>

Has anyone heard of Martin's condition after that nasty hit in NY?

Date: December 31, 2008 04:51AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> so who would you draft mark?

I'll be honest. Unlike the last 6 or 7 years, I haven't paid much attention to the college talent pool. It's been nice to have a real NFL team to follow instead of just thinking about who we can draft. So, using Walter Football as my information source, and assuming we re-sign Carey, Goodman, Bell, and Crowder, here's my mock draft.

1. WR Kenny Britt- Rutgers, this is actually a guy I have paid attention to. 6'4, 205 lbs, runs great routes, and is a catching machine. Now, this all depends on what he runs for a 40. If he runs in the 4.4's, then he'll be a first round pick. If he runs in the 4.5's, combined with playing at Rutgers, he'll drop to a 2nd rounder. But, for now, I'll leave him here.

2a. DE/OLB Brandon Graham- Michigan, 6'3, 270 lbs. As a Michigan fan, another guy I actually watched this year. I could see us drating him as an OLB more athletic than Matt Roth. With his size, maybe Roth could move inside and challenge Ayodele? The Ted LB position is primarily for taking on guards, maybe Roth could do this? Anyway, we need another pass rusher.

2b. S Sean Smith- Utah, 6'1, 214 lbs. Runs a 4.4, athletic enough to play corner. Could be a good fit as our FS.

3. CB D'Angelo Smith- Cincinatti, 6', 189. Even with re-signing Goodman, we'd need a good nickel CB and possible replacement for Will Allen in 2010.

4. DT Ron Brace- Boston College. 6'3, 330 lbs. Played in a 4-3 at BC, not sure if he can be a true NT, but he has the size.

Date: December 31, 2008 06:14AM

I thought Britt looked good in the Rutgers game. I was splitting time on my viewing, I've seen his numbers and I did see him makes some catches. And he's got real good size @ 6'4. To tell you the truth, I am psyched about the emergence of BESS. With the offense's utilization of the TE, WR isn't as high on the list of NEEDS. IMO DT is #1

Alot of focus on Defense in your first 5 picks. I like that. I think we've seen that DEFENSE and turnover differential will win the division.

Yours would be a good draft class.

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Date: December 31, 2008 08:35AM

I still think WR is a huge need. I think one of the main reasons we can struggle running out of the base offense is because every team lines up 8 or 9 guys at the line of scrimmage. They just don't fear our ability to make plays downfield. Ginn has the speed, but he's undersized. I think we need a big WR that can be physical and still be a threat downfield. When we can hit some big plays downfield, the defense will have to back off, and the running game can really be turned loose.

I think drafting NT is a given, unless something is done in free agency. Ferguson has 1 year left on his deal, and is no spring chicken. Soliai can take up space, but hasn't shown an ability to make a difference. And I thought Starks may have been brought in for his versatility to play some tackle, but I think it's clear that he's much better as a DE. So, you are right, NT may be the biggest priority. The reason I don't have us taking one higher is because we're picking too low in the first round to get one of the studs. Then you have to start looking at projects, and they have to have size. So, your options become limited.

Fixing our pass rush is another major need. Our corners would look a lot better with a better pass rush. Rookie DE are often not very good pass rushers. There's just so much for them to learn from a technique standpoint. So, you have to hope that Merling and Langford can be better pass rushers in 2009. The team is also said to be pretty high on the pass rush potential of Lionel Dotson. But because how these guys will progress is such an unknown, I could see us going for a college DE who can be converted to OLB. He'd have to be big enough to stuff the run, and fast enough to rush the passer.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 31, 2008 12:09PM

This guy is not an SEC homer at all........eye rolling smiley

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: January 01, 2009 02:18AM

If you are talking RBs, why not Shonn Greene from IA, he has a lot less hype..... so he may not even go in the first round, if he even enters the draft (he's a JR)

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 02, 2009 05:29AM

1) Brian Cushing - OLB - USC - upgrade at the position
2A) Sean Smith - S - Utah - awesome talent check him out tonight
2cool smiley Mickens/Smith - CB - Cincy - like both of em both 6ft tall
3) Terry Robiske - WE - Ohio St
4) Pat White - WR/RB/QB - WV - if he falls here

Date: January 02, 2009 05:57AM

thumbs up

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 02, 2009 12:54PM

We will be drafting defense early and often. We need serious help on that side of the football. Porter, Holiday, Ferguson,Allen, and Goodman aren't getting any younger!

Date: January 02, 2009 02:02PM

MikeO Wrote:
> We will be drafting defense early and often. We
> need serious help on that side of the football.
> Porter, Holiday, Ferguson,Allen, and Goodman
> aren't getting any younger!

We do NOT need replacements for those 4 guys. We already have 2 guys to replace Holiday (Langford and Merling). We can probably pick up a FA to help at NT. Allen and Goodman really stepped it up late. Where we need help on defense is at ILB. Crowder may be gone, and Ayodele isn't very good.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: January 02, 2009 02:12PM

I never said replacements. When did I say replacements? We need to get some new young blood in on our defense to groom for years to come as we start phasing out some of these aging players.

Date: January 02, 2009 02:28PM

MikeO Wrote:
> I never said replacements. When did I say
> replacements? We need to get some new young blood
> in on our defense to groom for years to come as we
> start phasing out some of these aging players.

You said "We will be drafting defense early and often. We need serious help on that side of the football" AND "we dont' need depth at Safety or CB, we need players there". Since you mentioned Goodman and Will Allen, it's logical to assume you meant we should replace them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 02:30PM by montequi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.