HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Parcells
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Parcells
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 02:47PM

Poll
Will Bill Parcells leave Miami?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
31 votes were received.
Yes 9

29%
NO 22

71%

I hope Bill does not leave this team, but it sure looks like it will come to pass as quick as Tuesday.

On a better note...CONGRATS TO THE PHINS FOR AFC EAST CHAMPS.

PS: I will adda poll on what others feel on Parcells

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parcells
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 02:57PM

I give him a couple of years before he moves on.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 28, 2008 02:59PM

I think he will. It sucks, but you have to think this rumor wouldn't even be floating if Parcells didn't want it to.

Posted by: Khaziglu ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:06PM

It's just common sense. Take the 9 Million and glory you have already made and move on to another paycheck and another chance at glory.

I really hope he stays but I don't think I would.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:11PM

I don't think he will stick around the 4 years of his contract, but I think he will stick around for atleast another year.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:32PM

I think as long as we keep Ireland and Sporano in place for a while we'll be fine.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:22PM

Yeah, I think BP sticks around 1 or 2 more years to enjoy what he's built, but as long as Sparano and Ireland are here, I think we're in good hands.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 28, 2008 05:01PM

He is his amongst friends here and this this team is his grandchild. Yes they are still in their infancy. You go to Miami to retire. That is probably a big reason he chose Miami over the Falcons.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 28, 2008 05:38PM

He is finally at a place where he has full control which is what he always wanted.

He left NE because he didn't have it.

He left NY because, well NY sucks!

He left Dallas because Jerry Jones can't keep his nose out of football operations.

I think he stays for at least one more year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 28, 2008 05:40PM

Date: December 28, 2008 05:53PM

He already put together "his guys" for a staff and obviously completely bled the Cowboys. Are there any more of them left?

Date: December 28, 2008 06:22PM

He has solidified his HOF bid as well and there is no way he wants to go to another team to do it again. His work is not yet done here.

.....................................................................................

Date: December 28, 2008 06:28PM

I hope he stays .... but 9 Million dollars and a chance to sign another big contract, it's like winning the lottery.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 28, 2008 08:17PM

Hopefully worked into the team purchase price are the funds to match whatever offer he could get elsewhere in addition to the $9M

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 29, 2008 04:55AM

he ain't going anywhere.

Date: December 29, 2008 04:57AM

I hope this is coming to light only because of the media. If Parcels is trying to leverage more money at this point and time then he is a classless fool. We are heading into the playoffs and don't need the distaction.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 29, 2008 05:17AM

I would like to think that he will stay; but the escape clause is very clear and it was included in his contract for a reason.

My hope is that he will stay, but I believe he will want a lot more money.

Date: December 29, 2008 05:53AM

Re: Parcells taking off?
Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: December 29, 2008 05:32AM

Well it appears as if my sources were right after all. Where there is smoke, there is fire...

The team is obviously much improved over what was going on in September, credit Parcells for making the belt tighter around Sporano and company...

But, Bill is still upset over Wayne H. selling the team. He only wants to work for him is not thrilled with the new owner.

Very, Very Strong possibility Bill will leave the Dolphins and take an offer from one of the other struggling franchises.

Now we'll see how this affects the players and the playoff game. These rumors and such ARE NEVER good before playoffs (Jimmy Johnson before Jax comes to mind)....

Date: December 29, 2008 05:52AM

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 29, 2008 10:05AM

Date: December 29, 2008 05:31PM

I suspect that Parcells is not going to leave, but will use the chance to negotiate for more money. But how much money does one man need? Parcells is getting up in years and I think Miami is a nice place to spend his golden years. Why would you want to go to Motown or Cleveland? Parcells working cooperatively with Al Davis is laughable. In South Florida he has no state income tax, year round golf, plenty of baseball and a football team on the rise.

In addition, I think it would be even harder to rebuild another team. He has already chosen his best men for the job in Miami. He has also bled the Cowboys and transfused much of it to supply the heart of the dolphin team.

It makes too much sense for him to attempt to build a dolphin dynasty, retire and then admire his work.

Date: December 29, 2008 06:04PM

He knows the chances of duplicating the success here are highly unlikely considering as stated above....his staff is all here...not to mention his best friend (Henning).

He has an ego but surely it aint that big.

Date: December 29, 2008 07:04PM

I think alot of people are missing the fundamental point.

He gets paid.

I don't know anyone that loves their job so much they would work for free. As soon as that sale goes through, that is what Bill Parcells is doing.

And since he is a free agent he could sign another contract ... potentially with the same deal and double his money for the same work.

Date: December 30, 2008 07:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.