HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Kansas City
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Kansas City
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 18, 2008 06:39AM

Just looked over their stats. The thing that struck me is their 'D' is dead last in the NFL. IN addition, Joey Porter has almost twice as many sacks (17.5) than their WHOLE TEAM (9).

Still, I'm worried about this one. I'd like score on them early and demoralize them. Then run the rock and eat up clock. I think LJ will be able to move the chains for them (especially after watching Deshaun Foster last week). They also have some playmakers on 'O' with Bowe and Gonzalez. Our 'D' has been playing well, but I think its time our 'O' won us a game:

Phins 27

KC 23

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kansas City
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 18, 2008 07:39AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:20AM

Anyone worried about Herm knowing Pennington's game too well?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:57AM

Herm couldn't beat my High School team with the NFC Pro Bowl squad.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 11:34AM

and demoralize them

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 18, 2008 12:10PM

Herm Edwards was Pennington's coach for 4 years in NY...so I wonder...does Herm have the edge because he knows Pennington or do we have the edge because Pennington is familiar with Herm's schemes?

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 18, 2008 12:13PM

the other side of that coin...didn't think of it that way.

Date: December 18, 2008 02:20PM

Herm was most successfull when the Jets were still feeling Parcels influence in 01 & 02.

Then H.E. drove the team in the dirt. He took KC, a 10-6 team and turned them into a 2-12 team....soon to be 2-13. CP's best year yardage-wise came the year after Edwards left. Herm was 39-41 in NY and 14-31 in KC. He turned the jets from a 10-6 team into a 4-12 team. He sucks as a head coach!

Pennington is smarter than Edwards. Advantage...Chad.

He is the "Bizzaro Bill Parcels".

.....................................................................................

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:08PM

I worry a lot more about the weather than I do KC doing anything good.

We haven't faced anything like the cold we'll see. At least Pennington has some cold weather experience. We'll see if the warm ocean breezes weakened him up.

Date: December 18, 2008 04:24PM

Forecast is for windy and cold weather. High of 17 degrees! That means with the wind chill...about 9 degrees.

We better get our running game ready!

Date: December 18, 2008 04:27PM

from espn...

Kansas City's offense has improved dramatically since midseason, when Tyler Thigpen took over as full-time quarterback and the Chiefs began to use the "pistol" formation, a cross between shotgun and I-formation pioneered at the University of Nevada. Through Week 7, DVOA ranked the Chiefs last in pass offense and 31st in run offense. Since Week 8, the Chiefs have been 13th in pass offense and 11th in run offense.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:32PM

We have to be focused and play our game & not beat ourselves.

Herm knows pennington is good & that is about it. If we cdome ready to play we'll win big.

Need to improve 3rd down defense to win.

Date: December 19, 2008 07:02AM

It sounds like Al Johnson will be playing Center and Satele will be playing RG and Alleman at LG. I hope this is the right chemistry we have been looking for and Ricky and Ronnie both run for 100 yards and 2 TD's apiece.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 19, 2008 01:00PM

I like our teams COLD WEATHER EXPERIENCE on the OLINE. JAKE from MICHIGAN AL from WISCONSIN.

It'll be painfully cold. The Dolphins we now know are used to PAIN.

Time to POUND THE ROCK.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.