HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Brandon Marshall
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:52PM

wow glad this buy played hard for the mvp and 50k. He almost totaled the whole year in one day. Then when asked his performance he blasted his qb's in Miami stating that in the pro bowl the qb is like a veteran he is putting the ball perfectly but in Miami well he just said he had 3 or 4 different qb's. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNiicce. then at the end of the game he said it again about not having a qb in Miami lmao this just gets better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: January 29, 2012 05:57PM

C'mon. He's had some bad drops this year but are you seriously gonna argue what he says? He's just speaking the truth.

Does Wes welker do in Miami what he's doing in new England? Not a chance. A good qb can make a good receiver look elite.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:12PM

I dont care what he says really, i just find it funny that he blows his ass off in this game and honestly i think took time off in the regular season. I mean what did he do drop like 8 sure td this year??? He just wants a new qb and thats fine, just think maybe a little class would help his cause.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:33PM

Marshall has come to Miami and done what no wideout has been able to do prior to him in close to a decade in Miami. Marshall played at an elite level this year even with his drops. Can't let your personal opinion of his personalty skew your opinion of his production.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:39PM

It must have been those new Nike gloves that the NFL was testing at the Pro Bowl. He would have dropped all of those TD passes during the regular season.

The dude is a douche. He plays when HE feels like it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:44PM

And there is a difference playing in the pro bowl, when there is really no pressure to perform and playing in a "real game."

He chokes by dropping a ball thrown right into his hands.

WTF difference does it makes WHO throws the ball.

The only question is WHERE THE BALL IS PLACED.

I could see his point if the balls required circus catches but we're talking about dropping balls that were in his hands.

As for Wes Welker, Welker was not missing balls thrown to him either in New England OR WHEN HE WAS HERE.

We traded him not because of his lack of performance but simply because we underestimated his value to our team.

Date: January 30, 2012 01:49AM

Brandon Marshall just made the Miami Dolphins that much more attractive to free agents and made a huge statement about our future. thumbs up

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 30, 2012 03:11AM

The Defense at the Pro Bowl played "patty-cake" with the offense. That's why Marshall had a terrific day. Lower the rim on a basketball court to 9' and I can dunk like a madman (even at my age). spinning smiley sticking its tongue out grinning smiley

Date: January 30, 2012 03:21AM

Whatever. I like to give credit were its due. He showed up and played and no one else did then. Reguardless he made us look good. Give the guy a break. Less then 9 months ago he was suicidal and his wife was in jail. I;m glad to see him with the work ethic of a winner.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:38AM

Some perspective. All of the corners were giving free releases at the line. That's why you had receivers running wide open against the very best corners in the league. It really had nothing to do with who was throwing the ball, or putting it in the right place.

And it is ridiculous for Marshall to make such a statement after the game, in a year when he dropped more TDs (7) than he caught (6). You can bet one thing, him throwing his QBs in Miami under the bus, and passing off blame to them for his drops, is sure to turn off a guy like Peyton Manning.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:45AM

He shoulda made those plays for his Dolphins QB's.

I like Marshall, but dang.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:57AM

Everyone should be happy about this. Marshall did make a statement about Miami. He brought national attention to the Dolphins.

He had a great game against the best in the league. It's not like the corners are just letting the receivers catch the ball. They tried to make plays on the ball but Marshall just made better plays.

This is a positive message sent out to all prospective free agents.

Seriously, how can you be upset about anything that happened in the game yesterday? No pats played and dolphin got MVP.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:05AM

Everyone seems to be missing a rather important aspect of this issue; the fact that, despite Marshall being a bit of a diva, he is offering a first-hand review of Moore. Perhaps this is a case of Marshall trying to find a scapegoat for his drops, but more realistically this is a pro-bowl WR screaming at the top of his lungs that Moore is NOT the answer.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:24AM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone seems to be missing a rather important
> aspect of this issue; the fact that, despite
> Marshall being a bit of a diva, he is offering a
> first-hand review of Moore. Perhaps this is a case
> of Marshall trying to find a scapegoat for his
> drops, but more realistically this is a pro-bowl
> WR screaming at the top of his lungs that Moore is
> NOT the answer.

Other than a few fans who don't believe in the concept that you are as good as your qb in this NFL...Marshall isn't saying anything that hasn't been said or implied by Ireland, Ross, philbin, every writer that covers this team, most national media pundits and the vast majority of our fanbase.

Date: January 30, 2012 06:30AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> >
> Other than a few fans who don't believe in the
> concept that you are as good as your qb in this
> NFL...Marshall isn't saying anything that hasn't
> been said or implied by Ireland, Ross, philbin,
> every writer that covers this team, most national
> media pundits and the vast majority of our
> fanbase.

BUT.........a picture is worth 1000 words though isn't it?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:35AM

Really good WINNING teams have a profound lack of jack asses like Marshall.

My opinion of course.

BNF.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:42AM

Wow...Marshall has elite QB's throwing to him and he catches 4 TD's.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 06:52AM

so let me get this straight. Marshall knows the DBs are playing soft and if he goes all out he can dominate this game and win MVP. so he tries REALLY HARD and makes a ton of plays.

now why wasn't he doing this for us when the games are on the line?

Date: January 30, 2012 06:55AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Really good WINNING teams have a profound lack of
> jack asses like Marshall.
>
> My opinion of course.
>
> BNF.

That is true because winning teams WIN and everyone is happier. You think players on winning teams would just be silent if they went 6-10?

It's not as if Marshall has come out of left field with his comments. Everyone tuned into the current Dolphins situation knows we are looking to UPGRADE at the QB position. We aren't looking to bring in competition for Matt Moore, we are looking to bring in someone with a much, much higher ceiling than Matt Moore.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: January 30, 2012 07:15AM

Just my opinion: Bandon Marshall is no professional. HE has a lot of talent, but he does not conduct his life (including work) as a professional.

Go and score 24 point in another "pretend" game.

Did you guys hear the crowd booing the pro bowl athletes yesterday after the first and scond snaps?

Yesterday was the first time I was embarassed to be an NFL fan.

Date: January 30, 2012 07:28AM

Doug, would you rather they all try extremely hard?

That would be fun to watch until Marshall or Soliai tears his ACL.

It is the way it is for a reason. Don't be so dramatic about it.

And the crowd loved all the big plays.

Date: January 30, 2012 07:37AM

Nobody wants injuries, but I do not accept what happened on the first and second plays of the pro bowl yesterday.

I think the injury topic is changing the subject. If they are worried about injuries, then stop the pro bowl.

What was shown yesterday was No Pride in your trade. We are getting very close to professional wrestling. Yesterady was professional wrestling.

Very soon we will have TV time outs for the QB's face make up smearing.

The X League would have been better yesterday. "He hates me" would have played with more heart.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 30, 2012 07:47AM

I can't believe so many people wasted 4 hours watching a glorified practice.

I rather be forced to watch all 4 preseason games in a row...in super slow motion with Bryant gumbel doing play by play and Sid Rosenberg doing color than watch the pro bowl.

At least in pre season there are people trying to make the team.

Date: January 30, 2012 07:49AM

IMHO, yesterday showed that, deep down, there are all just a bunch of over paid fat guys in Hawaii.

On the field and off.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 30, 2012 08:52AM

Marshall isn't the sharpest knife in the draw. He says what comes to mind whatever the situation. Don't expect anything less and you'll be fine. He's Brandon being Brandon. eye rolling smiley (Like Manny being Manny).

The Pro Bowl is nothing more than a all-star exhibition game that acknowledges top players around the league. It's far from being a serious game. Being named the game's MVP isn't a big deal.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 30, 2012 09:41AM

are people still asking the questioning who is better between marshall and hartline... really! and he cant catch TD's sets probowl record for TD's... really!

All good wr need elite qb's, did steve smith suddenly get younger or now he has a guy that can get him the ball? Marshall yesterday had elite qb's throwing him the ball and he was doing what he is not known for, going vertical. Great game marshall i enjoyed watching a "DOLPHIN" steal the show and get MVP. All i have to say is did you see that last TD where he shielded off the defender and caught the ball at the tip of the endzone.. spectacular, im happy he is here.

Not surprised so called dolphin fans hating on there own, lol, no wonder we stink!

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: January 30, 2012 09:58AM

As I said on the other thread...

Seriously, get real. We all know he drops passes but so does everyone else. He's third in the NFL in receiving yards and receptions... only behind Gronkowski and Welker who have Tom Brady throwing to them.

You guys take things too personally. So what if he's a dick? His teammates get along with him and he's a GOOD DAMN RECEIVER!!!!

Stop acting like little girls that had your hair pulled. Marshall is a beast and will only play better with a better qb.

/end of thread

Date: January 30, 2012 10:03AM

Great post Reppa. How can you not enjoy a Dolphin player taking over the game even in exhibition? I don't usually watch the pro bowl but I tuned in yesterday and was rewarded by Marshall's performance which led to the broadcasters at least talking about Miami. You think other players around the league didn't notice and won't want to play with a guy like that? Other players were telling Dalton to throw Marshall the ball so he could break the record. That tells me that they don't think he is a cancer and they genuinely wanted to see him succeed.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 30, 2012 10:21AM

agreed dolphin1423... i think "ALL" elite wr want the ball and always think they are open. If you dont then why are you in the NFL? If you want him to behave then feed him and look what he can do. I have to laugh at people who were talking about "hey lets trade him", uhhh and who do we have left? there is a HUGE drop off from marshall to our #2... now that i think of it do we even have a #2 lol.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 30, 2012 10:22AM

THE Truth Wrote:
>
>
> I rather be forced to watch all 4 preseason games
> in a row...in super slow motion with Bryant gumbel
> doing play by play and Sid Rosenberg doing color
> than watch the pro bowl.
>
>

LOL wow....now that's quite a statement drinking smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.