HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ray Lewis is awesome
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ray Lewis is awesome
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 02:35PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ray Lewis is awesome
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: January 29, 2012 02:41PM

Saw it was not impressed never liked Lewis probably never will.

Date: January 29, 2012 02:53PM

That is why he is pound for pound probably the best Football player in the NFL the last 2 decades.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 29, 2012 04:02PM

Date: January 30, 2012 04:00AM

Yes that is true however Lee Evans had a sure touchdown stripped, and they had other oppurtunnities elsewhere to win the game. The game is a team effort win or lose. Say what you want about Flacco because he played very well and almost beat Brady at his own game. I might be nit picking, but Lewis and the queens English "come on man." Makes you wonder just how man classes some of these players went too while attending college.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 30, 2012 04:19AM

Ray Ray played like crap in that game.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 05:10AM

Ray's a first vote hall of famer and only Unitas will be above him in the Bmore are, he we will own ths town when he retires. Flacco just plain sucks he couldn't beat a dead horse.

Date: January 30, 2012 10:30AM

Your wrong he put the ball on the money. Lee Evans was stripped by a wussy DB on the Cheatriots that is why they lost mostly.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: January 30, 2012 11:43AM

Back in his day he was a beast. Now, everytine I see him, all I can think of is: "Fred Sanford".

Now, he is simply too slow, but IMHO, he was the baddest Mofo out there in his day, without a doubt.

He still has a value added role to play on his team as a player and mentor, but currenlty, he is a shadow of his past on the field.

Date: January 30, 2012 11:58AM

I wish players would know when it's time to hang up the cleats , and exit stage left or right for that matter. Marino might of played too long, and Lewis well what else could he do I guess stay away from limo's, and murder wraps. Anyway most people in general never want that fleeting stardom of fame to end. Then it usually ends badly as in 62-7 beatdown at the hands of the lowly faguars ouch.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 30, 2012 01:21PM

remember when he stabbed someone to death?
plus he was looking a little paunchy in that video. Getting old.

Date: January 30, 2012 04:19PM

I was referring to that when I mentioned the limo. Did that not have something to do with it some how? As I can't remember because the does the NFL stand for national football league or neanderthals, felons and larceny lol. Hell I really don't know anymore, but I still like to watch my team any damn way.

Date: January 30, 2012 05:53PM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes that is true however Lee Evans had a sure
> touchdown stripped,

I think too much attention was focused on that. A milli-mini-micro second earlier, they would have called it a "bat-down" rather than a strip. I think the ball was knocked out of his hand before he even had the opportunity to tighten it.

Moreover, there is considerable controversy as to whether, (particularly if you don't buy my bat-down theory) he might not have had the sufficient "momentary possession" in the endzone that would have made it a touchdown officially as well. I just think the refs were too "chicken" to make that ballsy call.

>and they had other
> oppurtunnities elsewhere to win the game. The
> game is a team effort win or lose.

But I think that was the bottom line of what Ray Lewis was saying.

>Say what you
> want about Flacco because he played very well and
> almost beat Brady at his own game.

I think he played great.

>I might be nit
> picking, but Lewis and the queens English "come on
> man." Makes you wonder just how man classes some
> of these players went too while attending college.

LOL. Math 123, Fall Semester of 1966, Purdue University. This class was really "Math for liberal arts majors" at Purdue, noted for Engineering. I was taking the class. During the final, Leroy Keyes sat next to me and actually stood up and peered onto my exam paper and copied the answers word for word, or should I say number for number. I looked at the Teacher and she blushed and said "tee hee" and that was enough said. Hey, I knew Leroy and Clanton King and the rest of the brothers on the team, so I was cool with it. But that's an idea what goes on with football players on big university campuses while attending college to answer your question.

Date: January 31, 2012 02:51AM

Chyren how dare you not call them student athletes, and how dare you assume that they don't go to class. And how dare you you assume that they are not smart enough for a major college university lol. Hell They were cheating at the University I went to, and we didn't even have D1 sports. This one track kid could not form a complete sentence, but somehow his term paper sounded as if it was written by Shakepear "come on man." That is why I get down on the pro athletes who are caudled just because they can run fast,and hit hard. Because what comes after the glory has ended. well usually their terrible money managers, and wind up broke or bankrupt after having made millions. Seroiusly if not for football what else could Ray Lewis earn a living as, and make a decent living doing with his mind anyone? That goes for about 3/4 of the professional athletes in general sad really.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 31, 2012 03:09AM

Actually, I tip my cap to Lewis. Off field antics aside he is a great talent, with superb career. I think he's definitely lost a few steps, but is still better than the average LB'r. He could go another season if he wants, but it might be his last.

Date: January 31, 2012 05:02AM

DarthHoodie the question was I know you think he is a great LB, but what else could a neanderthal like Lewis make a living at besides crashing into other grown men anybody? I know bouncer, body guard, yes I know I am talking about using his mind anyone?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 05:10AM

Ray Lewis will have the rest of his life after football to prove he can use his mind.

75% of Pro athelets end up failing in life. Are you sure you attended college your math sounds screwy?

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 31, 2012 05:58AM

He could be a Preacher/Reverend....I know he has that religious fire, or perhaps one of those workout fitness gurus with some crazy machine on late night TV, and if all else fails maybe he could even become a politician, he doesn't seem much worse then the current crop of candidates for President of the USA smiling smiley

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:24AM

I think its intellectual hypocrisy that we collectively idolize athletes for their specific skill set (running, jumping, and so forth) and yet criticize them for not being cerebral and mentally whimsical. So the dude murdered a few slobs, who cares? That SOB can play LB like a grizzly bear. So grow up!

At all levels, football is HUGE money!

Money money money. The yummy money system spits propaganda out like its manna from the gods. And damn does it taste good! We all know “amateur college athletics” is a total sham – a ruse employed in devotion to the ALL MIGHTY dollar. So big deal, he screwed a few underage girls in the parking lot. The dude is great with a hockey stick!

Seriously, let’s be grown men and forget Santa and his reindeer apparitions for a second - the real bad-ass deity that controls EVERYTHING is money money money.

Big-time “amateur” and pro sports is a sewer of money and it stinks. But…
we keep eating the giant shit log and coming back for Moore.

BNF. And ready to arbitrage.

Date: January 31, 2012 08:12AM

Definitely a preacher. He has the fire and as he said "God never makes a mistake."

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:35AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
<...he said "God never makes a mistake."

Oh man...don't get me started on that one...smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 31, 2012 10:58AM

A 75% was generalization based on the fact I read how many players have failed after they retired. With their lifestyle, and their out out wed lock children, and all the hanger on's from varous family members. Before long the player is out of the league, and out of money.

Date: January 31, 2012 11:29AM

Now, TT????? Are you denying that you and I have attended COUNTLESS revivals together?

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:29PM

Date: January 31, 2012 12:38PM

Yeah!!!!! Credence Clearwater.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.