Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          More bad business from Dolphins managment...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
More bad business from Dolphins managment...
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 06:53AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More bad business from Dolphins managment...
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 29, 2012 07:55AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go back to Boston and New York, Dee and
> Ross dont belong here, and it shows... douchebags
> are us, Dolphins management
>
>

I guess you didn't notice that the Red Sox won two world series while Dee was running the show in Boston?

The guy knows how to raise money for profit, and for charity.

I agree that he shouldn't have made a public statement like that. He should *think* that, but shouldn't *say* that in public..

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 29, 2012 08:12AM

Date: January 29, 2012 08:15AM

yes, I hear ya JC, it just shows, when managment says something like that, that they are out of touch and dont really understand their demographics... Mike Dee insults Broward by saying they dont appreciate what the Dolphins bring to the broward economy... I think Mike should realise, how much Broward brings to his little miami dolphin's economy, which by the way is shrinking tremendously under his brilliant tenure thus far... These guys are out of towners, that is why we have this cheesy vibe at the stadium.. It is a New yorkers and Bostonians view of what the Miami vibe and scene should be.... hence the disaster that is the sun life Stadium experience... I am not knocking the towns, just that transplant guys in the positions they are in, are tripping over their own ties alot.. And are doing a much better job of pissing off their local demographics that they need for their business , then anything else they are suppose to be doing positive for the community or our beloved Dolphins.. Locals wants both these turkeys to go back home and take Irleand with them...

Date: January 29, 2012 08:23AM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 08:37AM

If the Dolphins start winning all of this back-biting goes away.

Rick

Date: January 29, 2012 09:09AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> PF2,
> Are you in reality, yes, season ticket holders
> are local tax payers.. They dont want their taxes
> raised to pay for Ross's bad investment..

Reality? Yes. Very much so. The propsed tax wasn't going to raise the Broward county tax payer's rate one cent. It was a HOTEL tax on guests. It was modeled after the one Jerry Jones is using to help finance his cathedral in Dallas.

> It is
> just another example of big business owner who's
> office is up on wall street, being bailed out on
> the backs of local small business. He thinks we
> owe it him....no thanks...

No its not. Its an example of a business owner going to the OTHER business that benefit from the $billion dollars a Super Bowl pumps into the economy and saying: "we've been told we need to upgrade our facilities or we will get dropped from the rotation for hosting the Super Bowl. We can't afford those renovations on our own. So break out your check books if you want that business in the future."

Its not a bail out. Its a partnership.

The Dolphins didn't ask John Q public tax payer for a nickle.

It would have been a small tax on hotel guests.

Broward said "no thanks"... rather publicly and emphatically.

Fine...they are entitled.

But if Miami/Dade and the Phins work out a partnership to get the renovations done...why should Broward be allowed to benefit from it? They have no skin in the game and are mooching off the risk and investment of others.

Broward screwed the pooch on this one.

The Dolphins will do just fine without a roof.

How will South FLA do without another Super Bowl?

Everybody has a stake in this. Everyone should contribute.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 10:57AM by THE Truth.

Date: January 29, 2012 10:34AM

I agree. he needs to round the Troops, let them know what the Dolphins mean to south Fla. Either get on the band wagon or stay off, but they can't have it both ways. And I really love/hate the plan to make the stadium "smaller". Our Stadium becuase its built for baseball as well keeps the fans far away from the sidelines. Moving them closer will only help the teams. And by eliminating seats it will reduce the amount needed to avoid blackouts every week. Also it makes tickets harder to get for non season Ticket holders and opposing Teams.

But..........that also makes it harder and more expensive for me to see a game. I was going to games for less the $50 a seat this year. But I will gladly pay that price to create a winning club again. I'll go once a year instead for 3-5 times.

Date: January 29, 2012 11:58AM

PF2, sorry you are not from here, so I dont expect you to remotely understand or get what I am saying... On a bed tax, there is 5 percent charge on anything less then 6 month rental agreement..If that money went to Mr Ross, it would be diverted from other uses in Broward that is coming from the Hotel and rental industry... We dont need to bail out Mr Ross and have our funds diverted to his bank account... Wayne did a 300 million dollar renovation 3-4 years ago, and he didnt get any money from the tax payers to do it.. THe team is the Miami Dolphins, not the Fort lauderdale Dolphins, or Broward Dolphins....
The DOlphins need Broward more then Broward needs the Dolphins, that is for sure... Ross and Dee are out of towners just like you... SO I am not surprised you completely miss the boat, like them..... It would be like me commented and telling you how your local area should handle its money and business...lol...Stupid right? Whats the difference?...
Why doesnt West Palm Beach, Orlando, maybe the state of Florida can bail out Mr Ross and his moronic business moves... Broward would probably support Wayne, but never what Mr Ross has done...
THe Dolphins need Broward, 90 percent of the players and employees and coaches all live in Broward.. WHen there is a Superbowl, south beach cant handled it, so most of the events, happen in Fort Lauderdale, because that is what the sponsors want... There is a reason the sponsors want broward, that same reason is why the players and coaches live here as well...

We dont need to bail out Billionaire business men out of bad investments plain and simple...

Date: January 29, 2012 12:05PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Our Stadium
> becuase its built for baseball as well keeps the
> fans far away from the sidelines. Moving them
> closer will only help the teams.

The stadium was built by Joe Robbie, with absolutly zero regard for baseball to be played in the stadium. Besides the fact It was a horrible baseball stadium... The stadium is designed the way it is for comfort.. They didnt want the slope to be so steap and hard to walk, that is why the seats are a bit farther away.. Why would u think it was built to be a baseball stadium?

Date: January 29, 2012 12:12PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
>
>
> The stadium was built by Joe Robbie, with
> absolutly zero regard for baseball to be played in
> the stadium. Besides the fact It was a horrible
> baseball stadium... The stadium is designed the
> way it is for comfort.. They didnt want the slope
> to be so steap and hard to walk, that is why the
> seats are a bit farther away.. Why would u think
> it was built to be a baseball stadium?

That's not how I recall it, although I"m probably older than you have my share of Senior Moments.

I recall the original stadium being designed for Football, Baseball (in the hopes that they'd attract a MLB franchise--it worked), and also soccer.

Date: January 29, 2012 12:16PM

JC- it was a horrible baseball stadium, so what are we talking about... Why would they design a stadium for baseball that was horrible for baseball?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:20PM

So you spend months feverishly backing Ross when he's standing up to big bad organized labor, but now that he's telling some poor old politicians to pound sand up the ole wazoo after they wouldn't help put more money in his already stuffed pockets, your under armors are in a bunch?.........It's probably not too late to get on that ballot for Tuesdays primary.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 29, 2012 12:29PM

my recollection from the time (and I lived down there then) is that the stadium was designed explicitly as a dual use football/baseball stadium, which was the fashion back then. lots of baseball teams played in crap like that. as I recall Baltimore built camden yards and that started the trend of "nice" baseball only facilities. joe robbie is a horrible baseball stadium and even worse it screwed up the field for the fins for 1/2 the season. so good riddance to the marlins

Date: January 29, 2012 01:20PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> PF2, sorry you are not from here, so I dont expect
> you to remotely understand or get what I am
> saying... On a bed tax, there is 5 percent charge
> on anything less then 6 month rental agreement..If
> that money went to Mr Ross, it would be diverted
> from other uses in Broward that is coming from the
> Hotel and rental industry... We dont need to bail
> out Mr Ross and have our funds diverted to his
> bank account...

Who benefits more financially from that Super Bowl? Ross or S. Florida?

If we never had another Super Bowl in S. Florida Ross and the Dolphins would do just fine. Probably no impact to their bottom line.

How much are those hotels in FT Lauderdale going to miss the Billion plus that event pumps into the economy every 7 years or so?

Ross doesnt want the roof for the team, the NFL wants it for the league. Why should Ross pay for something that so many others will benefit from far more than he will?

Its insane.

> Wayne did a 300 million dollar
> renovation 3-4 years ago, and he didnt get any
> money from the tax payers to do it..

Actually...as you pointed out NUMEROUS times in our arguments during the lockout, Wayne didn't pay for anything out of pocket. He financed those upgrades and that debt is still on the books.

So now you want Ross to pay for Wayne's upgrades and a roof he doesn't need but the local business community certainly does.

Sorry, but that isn't fair.

> THe team is
> the Miami Dolphins, not the Fort lauderdale
> Dolphins, or Broward Dolphins....

Lol...

> The DOlphins need Broward more then Broward needs
> the Dolphins, that is for sure... Ross and Dee are
> out of towners just like you... SO I am not
> surprised you completely miss the boat, like
> them..... It would be like me commented and
> telling you how your local area should handle its
> money and business...lol...Stupid right? Whats the
> difference?...

Big difference. I'm telling you that if you want me to keep hosting an event that makes you tons of money, then you need to pay for the renovations that event requires to keep returning to my building.

Ross isnt telling anyone how to run their business.

He's telling them to pony up if they want to keep profiting from the Super Bowl being held in his building.

> Why doesnt West Palm Beach, Orlando, maybe the
> state of Florida can bail out Mr Ross and his
> moronic business moves... Broward would probably
> support Wayne, but never what Mr Ross has done...

ANYONE that is going to profit from the Super Bowl being held in the Dolphins stadium should pay a piece of the required upgrade.

> THe Dolphins need Broward, 90 percent of the
> players and employees and coaches all live in
> Broward.. WHen there is a Superbowl, south beach
> cant handled it, so most of the events, happen in
> Fort Lauderdale, because that is what the sponsors
> want... There is a reason the sponsors want
> broward, that same reason is why the players and
> coaches live here as well...
>
> We dont need to bail out Billionaire business men
> out of bad investments plain and simple...

You weren't bailing him out.

First off its an investment by the community to both keep the Dolphins in Miami AND to keep the SUPER BOWL coming there every 7 years. Its NOT A BAIL OUT.

Secondly, you weren't giving Ross anything. Tourists were. Its not the same thing. Stop acting like the citizens of Broward were being put upon in any way whatsoever.

Ross ought to just say "screw it" and tell Goodell that S. Florida doesn't want anymore Super Bowls.

He won't lose a cent.

Date: January 29, 2012 04:43PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> JC- it was a horrible baseball stadium, so what
> are we talking about... Why would they design a
> stadium for baseball that was horrible for
> baseball?

We are talking about, I thought, what they designed Joe Robbie Stadium for. I didn't say it was a *good* baseball stadium. I only said that they built it as a multi-purpose stadium suitable for football, baseball, and soccer.

Are you telling me that Joe Robbie, the architects and designers, did NOT intend for baseball to be played at JRS? That they just had the stands far away from the field just for the heck of it?

Edited for grammar and spelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2012 04:48PM by JC.

Date: January 30, 2012 02:34AM

The Stadium was specifically built to be a multi purpose stadium. Basball included.Thtas why there is a baseball dugout built into the walls connected to the inner tunnels and lockerooms. In September when the basball seasons overlap with football the bases can be picked up , but they can't move stands obviously. So as a result the stands are much further away from the feild.

I saw a difference in the stadium when we played the Jets. They were making efforts to make visiting Teams uncomfortable. Taunting them like I never saw before. the stadium felt different. I know the Teams felt it. Its a big reason we have sucked at home.

I'm really glad the staff is finally doing something about it.

Another thing........Ross is the first owner to impliment the Bus to the game system. People as far as Melbourne get bused to the game for cheap. This is bringing in fans from all over the state that have long moved from the Miami Dade area. I love it. It included free food at the game and I sleep all the way home.

I love the direction from this perspective. The Fans game day experience. When Miami is in a superbowl all surrounding communities will profit from the experience. F**k Broward if they don't want to help out and invest a little as well.

They give stores like Walmart, huge Tax incentives to build there. Thats not helping out Billioniares as well? NEWS FLASH: All corporations are rich. Do you know how many cops/fireman employees are employed by the Dolphins and that stadium!? ALL Tax Payers.

Date: February 05, 2012 11:45AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 05, 2012 11:51AM

do you know how many celebs ross could try to touch if we got a SB? no way he's blowing off that chance and telling the nfl he doesn't want the sb here

Date: February 05, 2012 11:53AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> do you know how many celebs ross could try to
> touch if we got a SB? no way he's blowing off that
> chance and telling the nfl he doesn't want the sb
> here

Lol.

If he's willing to pay for $250mill in renovations just to meet the handful of celebrities he hasn't already then Broward and Miami-Dade should erect a statue of grinning smileyhim...

Date: February 05, 2012 12:25PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> JC- it was a horrible baseball stadium, so what
> are we talking about... Why would they design a
> stadium for baseball that was horrible for
> baseball?

Thats it in a Nutshell. Its a Multi purpose stadium. Its not dedicated to anything. so it sucks all around. jack of all trades and master of none. The Dolphins want to return it to Football Glory now that the Marlins are gone.

Posted by: Kfresh01 ()
Date: February 08, 2012 04:22AM

I dont care. I dont think we should have a roof in Miami anyway. That takes away from our homefield advantage. Let them play in the heat or in the elements of heavy rain. Thats Dolphins Football. We don't need a roof. Especially on the bright sunny days. I mean its Miami!

Also,
All you so called Dol-Fans out there. Anything Channing says you guys rebuke. It doesn't matter if he said the sky was blue, you'd argue about that. We are all on the same team here. And I think that He has more credibility actually playing for this idiotic GM and Owner. The GM is more focused on himself and the Owner is trying to turn our organization into a circus.

Thanks Channing for expressing your opinions with us. It is really great coming from somebody who actually knows whats going on and not on the outside looking in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.