HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Great Article About Sparano
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Great Article About Sparano
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 17, 2008 04:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great Article About Sparano
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:29AM

One of the most impressive things in the entire article is something I had no clue about. We are on pace to break the turnover record in a 16-game season. That is unbelievable and is probably the sole reason why we are sitting at 9-5 with a chance to win the division! After a 1-15 season!?!?!?!

AMAZING!!

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:50AM

coach of the year?.....indeed, he gets my vote(...if i were able to vote for it)...which i'm not.....ah, forget it.
He's doing a good job for this team, though.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:07AM

"I love coming to work in the morning," said Sparano, "and I love staying late at night. I love dealing with the players, the assistant coaches, the administrators. **************I even like setting up the schedule for team meals on the road."*****************

LOL I think this guy is going to be the phins coach for a long time. Just a thought!smiling smiley

And i think he deserves to be the coach of the year. Think about it.....................He probably had the worst talent to work with than any of the other coaches nominated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 04:09AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:16AM

Yeah, I dont know how many games we actually win without that great TO ratio. That is a direct sign of great coaching.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:17AM

Isn't it amazing that this guy was essentially on NOBODY'S radar for a head coaching gig... other than Big Bill's of course??

In fact all of the top coach of the year prospects this year essentially came out of nowhere. Are we going to see the beginning of a trend where teams move away from hiring coordinators and move more to position coaches??

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:23AM

grooves12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't it amazing that this guy was essentially on
> NOBODY'S radar for a head coaching gig... other
> than Big Bill's of course??
>
> In fact all of the top coach of the year prospects
> this year essentially came out of nowhere. Are we
> going to see the beginning of a trend where teams
> move away from hiring coordinators and move more
> to position coaches??

After the Wanny/Saban/Cam fiasco here and others around the league, I wouldn't be surprised if you see owners go another direction. I'm curious to know what the great coaches of the past (Shula, Lombardi, Knoll, Landry, etc..) did before they were head coaches. I'm sure SOMEONE on the board can do that research smiling smiley

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:54AM

Shula coached DBs with Weib Ubank of the then Colts. Weib (sp) went to the Jets and Shula became head coach of the Colts.

Here's the deal. Any head coach needs to have the ability to hire good assistants top to bottom. He needs leadership AND management skills with an abundance of energy. The best at that will be the best head coach. That was Cams big problem as we all know.

Sparano has BP to help with that and he also has the character to realize that he is learning and making a name for himself. That will help him with hiring assistants in the future also. Things are looking up.thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.