HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ocho Cinco's antithesis...Chad Pennington
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ocho Cinco's antithesis...Chad Pennington
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:49PM

Last year several people on this phorum pushed for the signing of Chad Johnson. I said emphatically, "No way!" This had nothing to do with his talent, but everything to do with his character and ignorance. I mentioned that I always thought of the Dolphins as a cerebral team and I didn't want 85 tarnishing that image.

I never knew much about Chad Pennington's character and intelligence until he signed with us and I listened to his frequent interviews. This guy is awesome. He says all the right things and is so well-spoken. He is knowledgable, humble, insightful, team-oriented, articulate and is the epitomy of a leader. Impressive! He personifies Sparono's and Ireland's "make-up" and is an extention of our coaches onto the field. Once again, I am proud to be a phan of the cerebral Dolphins.

Can anyone think of a past or present player who is a better speaker?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 03:51PM by Jonathan Twilley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ocho Cinco's antithesis...Chad Pennington
Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: December 17, 2008 05:44PM

Pennington had a shot at a Rhodes Scholarship. I didnt know that until he joined us... who would've thought that a student-athlete from MARSHALL aka West Virgina would be a Rhodes Scholar? Anyways, i dont pay much attention to how articulate athletes are because most of them arent at all; I learn new words everyday on ESPN. "Our team is doing gooder and better than before" LOL oh man.... how about Emmit... broadens my vocabulary every time!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 17, 2008 07:53PM

ricky can be deep

Posted by: noetic ()
Date: December 17, 2008 09:22PM

I agree completely. His southern twang belies the clarity of his wisdom. His interviews remind me of Andre Agassi, who was perhaps the single most insightful and articulate athlete ever.

But even more than his interviews, I greatly enjoy watching him 'coach' the rest of the offense on the sidelines.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:28AM

Ocho Cinco is a head case. We do not need head cases on this team. Chad penninton doesn't even need great receivers to win games. It would be nice to get him that big fast physical receiver long threat though. No more 8-9 men defensive fronts please. The ronnie and ricky connection would be much more effective.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 18, 2008 08:29AM

Chad reminds me of another Dolphins QB that happens to be in the HoF...and isn't named Marino. I think CP is one of the few QBs in the league that's capable of calling his own plays. I'm not sure our coaches will let him, but I'd like to see them give him a shot at it. It would make the offense move faster and keep the opposing team on their heels.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:43PM

Ocho Cinco's antithesis... common sense

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: December 21, 2008 01:31PM

I seems like the tv networks are also discovering this about Chad. After posting this, I have seen multiple interviews with and discussions about Pennington. Meanwhile I haven't heard crap about Favre.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.