HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I don't get it
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I don't get it
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 18, 2012 06:48AM

Ross claims he would have made Fisher the highest paid HC in the league...so you'd think money wasn't an option. Yet, we let Mike Nolan go to Atlanta in a lateral move so we wouldn't be saddled with his salary if the new HC decided to let him go.

So, on the one hand Ross is willing to spend whatever he can for someone who's unproven from a Phins perspective. Yet he's penny-pinching for someone who IS proven. So much for our great defense. Next to go will probably be Soliai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I don't get it
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 18, 2012 06:51AM

Don't know how much Nolan was making, but it does seem odd. Wouldn't Philbin (for instance) want the chance to hang on to Nolan...or at least to think about it? Now, our new HC doesn't have the opportunity to make that choice.

I will say that I saw Sean Smith's tweet, and if he's upset about Nolan getting let go, he (Sean) should have shown up after the lockout in shape.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 18, 2012 07:03AM

there is no plan, rhyme, or reason to what the FO has done this year.
they fired Sporano "hoping" to get Gruden, Cowher or Fisher with no real plan B. Now they are making it up on the fly and are not smart enough to pull it off. If $$ really is no object to Ross, then he should have kept Nolan around and let the next coach make the call whether to keep him. But I guess money is tight since he gave Sporano a contract extension to soothe his hurt feelings after the Harbaugh fiasco---knowing full well he'd be canned after the season, if not before. Now he is paying sporano to coach the jets and we will have a lesser DC next year. Brilliant!!

Date: January 18, 2012 07:13AM

Does he have to pay Sprano even though he was re hired in a less capacity job?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 18, 2012 07:26AM

yes, the difference bw what the jets pay him and his contract with us

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.