HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          doom and gloom
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
doom and gloom
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 10:11AM

man I have never felt more down on my team. worse, I think it is more approaching apathy--like I expect everything we do to go wrong and am no longer that upset by it.
Recap of last 12 months:

(1) national embarassment of harbaugh search, get rejected by him, given tony and ireland contract extensions in a transparent joke of an "I'm sorry move"

(2) team starts 0-7, but at least it looks like our QBs woes will be over with Luck or Griffen BUT NO we win just enough games to assure us of taking another OL in the draft

(3) fire Sporano with expectation of getting "glamor" hire in Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, rejected by all, including Fisher for the Rams of all teams, and only after dragging this process out for a week

(4) will end up with only "3d tier" coach next year who has as good a shot as being worse than Sporano as better, and now our staff will suck with Nolan leaving (man who will be the DC now)?

(5) Ireland now firmly in charge, chasing away any potential coach worth anything, Steven Ross is biggest joke of an owner since Dan Snyder (actually worse b/c at least Snyder follows thru on what he wants, as opposed to getting rebuffed at every turn)

Did I miss anything? F** this team

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: doom and gloom
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:12AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> man I have never felt more down on my team. worse,
> I think it is more approaching apathy--like I
> expect everything we do to go wrong and am no
> longer that upset by it.
> Recap of last 12 months:
>
> (1) national embarassment of harbaugh search, get
> rejected by him, given tony and ireland contract
> extensions in a transparent joke of an "I'm sorry
> move"
>
> (2) team starts 0-7, but at least it looks like
> our QBs woes will be over with Luck or Griffen BUT
> NO we win just enough games to assure us of taking
> another OL in the draft
>
> (3) fire Sporano with expectation of getting
> "glamor" hire in Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, rejected
> by all, including Fisher for the Rams of all
> teams, and only after dragging this process out
> for a week
>
> (4) will end up with only "3d tier" coach next
> year who has as good a shot as being worse than
> Sporano as better, and now our staff will suck
> with Nolan leaving (man who will be the DC now)?
>
> (5) Ireland now firmly in charge, chasing away any
> potential coach worth anything, Steven Ross is
> biggest joke of an owner since Dan Snyder
> (actually worse b/c at least Snyder follows thru
> on what he wants, as opposed to getting rebuffed
> at every turn)
>
> Did I miss anything? F** this team

This is the worst I have ever felt about this team in my life...no doubt.....Ross thinks this is gonna sell him tickets and make him money?

Posted by: jimmmyd3 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:19AM

We Suck!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:25AM

this is even worse than the time we hired marino to be GM (lol) and then he quit a few weeks later. worse than when we kept wanny and "promoted" speilman to be his boss. just really embarassing right now.

and crowder...you are the biggest optimist on this board. if they've lost the likes of you, well, ross is in real trouble...

Date: January 17, 2012 11:43AM

Berk- I just dont know how many times you can get kicked in the balls.....TO have faith or belief, you have to have at least a little light....

I am in management, I deal with decision making and hiring good people. I am just completely against how Ireland handles the fans, public, coaches and the players... He just gives me an uncomfortable feeling every time I hear him do press... I just dont agree with his style, and wouldn't hire him in a heartbeat...Trust is an important characteristic in anything(trust with your customers, employees,investors,Brand, etc), and Jeff not only doesnt exude it, I dont think he has it all, except from Ross, for reason I can't tell you, but only suggest.... When you are someone like MR Ross, people kiss your as* so much, you really dont get reality in any shape or form.. You get what people tell you and then you go from their...People like MR Ross, are very closed off... I have seen many brilliant business men fall into this same trap, of people in certain positions for the wrong reasons, telling them what they want to hear,not what they need to hear CYA... I dont think Mr Ross has any idea what he is doing, and he is letting a glorified scout run his business into the ground

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:47AM

C'mon dudes, give the process a bit more time. This li'l light is gonna shine!

Just imagine how bad Fisher feels with the Indy job opening today!

Maybe Ireland is a football savant?

It's possible. Really.

BNF.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 17, 2012 11:55AM

Date: January 17, 2012 11:56AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:

> Maybe Ireland is a football savant?
>
> It's possible. Really.
>
> BNF.

If you cant convince others, or back it up with performance, does it much matter?

Date: January 17, 2012 11:58AM

Give the savant process some time.

Genius has to work at its own pace.

Ireland is also a continent according to Sarah P.

Brilliance is indeed hard to quantify!

cool smiley

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 12:00PM

This team is a freaking JOKE!!!! I wont be watching next year either

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 17, 2012 12:05PM

See it's not all doom and gloom......maybe dolfan1 will finally leavegrinning smiley

Date: January 17, 2012 12:12PM

You know what. If you hit the "search" function for author "dolfan1," you will be unable to find a single post that says anything but the dolphins suck.

I mean NOT ANYTHING ELSE.

Not even a post criticizing a player or a coach. Just all posts saying that the Dolphins as a whole team suck and should be disbanded.

Not an argument over who should start or who should be drafted, just a continual barrage of the fact that the Dolphins suck.

Someone on this board defended him as being a dolphin fan that was just disappointed in the team's performance.

If this were really true, he'd get down to criticizing particular parts.

But he doesn't. He just condemns the team as a whole.

People have been banned from this board. One wonders how a person who comes on a chatboard that is "for Miami Dolphin fans" and is transparently a fan from another team can stay while those (even ones with whom I have disagreed like Mia1) are banned.

Date: January 17, 2012 12:12PM

The really weird thing is... He's a legit Miami fan.

I just think the fella is a tad impatient and needs more cardio.

Can you say elliptical?

Date: January 17, 2012 12:16PM

BNF, see my post that was posted at the same minute as was yours.

You see, you might be able to make that argument if he is just negative all the time.

But if he is a fan who is negative all the time, he'd be negative about ALL ASPECTS OF THE TEAM as opposed to being negative about the TEAM AS A WHOLE.

Being negative about the numerous aspects of the team would lead him to criticize various parts of the team.

He has never done that! He has never made one positive suggestion.

His only suggestion is that the team should be disbanned and the franchise should be ended.

Come on, BNF, how can you call that a fan?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 12:19PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: January 17, 2012 12:35PM

I posted this in the "bye bye Nolan" thread but I think it's perfectly apt regarding this discussion.

Does anyone see where I was coming from with the sentiment I've been expressing in multiple threads over the past week or so asserting that I haven't felt worse or more concerned about our coaching situation (specifically referring to this past season with Sporano as our HC) than I do right now at this very moment?

This is exactly the sort of mess that I knew was going to follow after we fired Sporano. Basically, the only thing worse than having Sporano remain the HC is not having Sporano remain the HC, and watching our team fall apart from the top down in exactly the manner we're witnessing. Waive goodbye to any semblance of stability and structure and waive hello to chaos, instability, and dumpster-diving for coaching staff replacements. This is pathetic, and I saw it coming a mile away.

So now aside from the players, all we have to hang our hats on in terms of leadership with this team is Ross and Ireland. Does everybody feel good about that? How is everyone feeling about our team right about now?

Is this not the worst most mismanaging owner of an NFL team ever or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2012 01:50PM by Panteraize.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: January 17, 2012 01:57PM

i agree with every single negative thing about this team. for gods sake man, hell he are part owned by cheating singers and has been tennis players what other freaking team does that?? we have so many holes to fill and now another, we lose nolan. I mean come freeeaking on this has to stop. who will be the dc?? brian cox?? or will we interview another freaking 50 people. I dont understand this owner, who do u want to be the damn coach??? pick one for gods sake and hire him quit talking to all of them and hire just one goddamn its not hard. IFFFFFFFF the one u want says no then move on but what the hell are u lining them up for??

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:50PM

I'm sorry to see Nolan leave but understand why he would move on. Too many uncertainties and timing to move was now.

Recruiting for the HC is still puzzling to me. Are we begging for interviews or are the prospective interviewees seeking an interview with the Dolphins? I sure would like to know the answer to that question.

Philbin could be a good choice, but he's got to be in mourning over the tragic loss of his son. Becoming a HC may be the farthest thing from his mind right now.

Zimmer has links to Dallas, but that doesn't mean much. Coaches seem to move around until they become HC. Maybe Zimmer is the guy that can pull it all together for the Dolphins.

Damn, something positive has to happen soon. I remain hopeful....

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 18, 2012 03:46AM

Could be worse. We could have hired Mularkey or be the jets whose players are pointing fingers and are saddled with the Sanchize. Tampa Bay has owners who won't spend any money (at least Ross is willing to do that). Picking a head coach is 20% doing your due diligence and 80% blind s**t house luck. McCarthy with GB was not a can't miss coaching prospect when hired. Saban was. Nobody knows how this will turn out. Just keep your fingers crossed that we finally catch a break (and find a Qcool smiley.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 18, 2012 04:13AM

Well, I for one am glad to see us not get Fisher. He was never my guy, I never thought he was that good, and if we were going after a veteran coach the only one I wanted was Jon Gruden. (never really a possibility for us as it turned out) My #2 guy has been Philbin for a couple of weeks now and call me crazy but I would have hired him over Fisher. My #3 guy was Carmichael, #4 was Moss, and #5 was Chuzinski.

I really think letting Nolan go was a mistake but I understand why it was done. If we get Philbin, I'll be happy with the choice...then the question becomes who will the OC and DC's be?

If you want a young Don Shula then you don't hire an old, marginally sucessful, retread like Fisher.

As far as the others go; Bowles...no way, would I make him the HC right now. McCoy...Pass. (this interview should have been Carmichael IMHO)

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 18, 2012 04:26AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Could be worse. We could have hired Mularkey or
> be the jets whose players are pointing fingers and
> are saddled with the Sanchize. Tampa Bay has
> owners who won't spend any money (at least Ross is
> willing to do that). Picking a head coach is 20%
> doing your due diligence and 80% blind s**t house
> luck. McCarthy with GB was not a can't miss
> coaching prospect when hired. Saban was. Nobody
> knows how this will turn out. Just keep your
> fingers crossed that we finally catch a break (and
> find a Qcool smiley.

C'mon Fins72, don't you dare drag down a discussion like this with a well thought out, rational post of this nature!......you trying to get banned or something?

Date: January 18, 2012 04:50AM

I was at 3 games this year at very different parts of the season. The very first game, the very last game and the Broncos game in the middle where we hit Rock bottom.

I can say the last game against the jets was very very different. The whole stadium's attitude was different. They came just short of actually tuanting the Jets on the giant Video board. Cops were out , No shit was taken. The stadium had a feeling of unity , I'm telling you it was different. If they continue that into next season we are going to win. I wouldn't mind backing Bowles and Moore. (Rather have RGIII though) drinking smiley

Can the Doom and gloom and feeling sorry for yourself. This Team did not give up and either should you.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 18, 2012 05:01AM

I don't think I've ever seen so much pessimisim from our fanbase.

I think this just solidifies my feeling that getting a franchise qb should be the first thing on any gm's mind, and no price is too steep for the right qb.

If we had a franchise qb people would actually be excited about our coaching search. They'd remember how bad a hc Sparano was and be excited about maybe finding the next great hc.

Date: January 18, 2012 05:19AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> I don't think I've ever seen so much pessimisim
> from our fanbase.
>
> I think this just solidifies my feeling that
> getting a franchise qb should be the first thing
> on any gm's mind, and no price is too steep for
> the right qb.
>
> If we had a franchise qb people would actually be
> excited about our coaching search. They'd
> remember how bad a hc Sparano was and be excited
> about maybe finding the next great hc.

Exactly. They should have known that when they picked Ginn over Quinn years back. Even if it didn't work, create some excitement , give the place a buzz and something to root for. Thats been Irlends biggest problem, connecting with the fans. You can't let them influence you , but geez at what point to you throw the dog a bone?

I Think it reached that and I saw the difference as the Plane flew overhead stating FIRE Irlend Mr Ross! They all got it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 18, 2012 05:28AM

THE Truth Wrote:
> If we had a franchise qb people would actually be
> excited about our coaching search.

If we had a franchise QB, considering we have a decent defense, running game, receiving corp (etc.), we'd be the top team coaches want to go to. Remember when we landed Jimmy Johnson? JJ was the hottest coaching commodity around, and WE GOT HIM! I think Marino had something to do with that.

I'm convinced the Colts will have their pick for coach. Gruden, Cowher, I'm sure either of those guys would be happy to coach for Indy.

Date: January 18, 2012 06:25AM

F Them. All they want is a quick Superbowl win? Try finding and creating a winner/ Whatever happened to people that craved a Challenge?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 18, 2012 06:42AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> F Them. All they want is a quick Superbowl win?
> Try finding and creating a winner/ Whatever
> happened to people that craved a Challenge?

Oddly enough, if you just look at the talent on our team, we're closer to a Superbowl than St. Louis,

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 18, 2012 06:45AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> F Them. All they want is a quick Superbowl win?
> Try finding and creating a winner/ Whatever
> happened to people that craved a Challenge?

Exactly. The retreads don't want a challenge--they are set in their old ways and just want to do the same old crap and earn a paycheck in a different place.

The lesser known hungry up-and-comers want to make a name for themselves. Pick the best guy who's hungry and let's play ball.

Posted by: THE Truth ()
Date: January 18, 2012 07:05AM

JC Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > F Them. All they want is a quick Superbowl win?
>
> > Try finding and creating a winner/ Whatever
> > happened to people that craved a Challenge?
>
>
> Exactly. The retreads don't want a
> challenge--they are set in their old ways and just
> want to do the same old crap and earn a paycheck
> in a different place.
>
> The lesser known hungry up-and-comers want to make
> a name for themselves. Pick the best guy who's
> hungry and let's play ball.

It depends on how you want to define "challenge".

Some would say that every NFL hc job is a challenge. Heck, it's not like st Louis is a dynasty waiting to happen. It's certainly going to be a challenge to change the culture there and make them a winner.

established. Coaches are guys who have won. They know what it takes to win again and they pick the opportunities that offer them the best chance to be successful.

We all do he same thing when choosing a job.

Do cops ask to be assigned to crime infested neighbor hoods?

Do sales people choose the job that means longer hours and less commissions?

Do successful entrepeneurs start businesses in places where it will be harder to sell their products?

No.
No.
And No.

Why on earth would anyone expect nfl hc's to be any different?

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: January 18, 2012 07:14AM

I can't explain it, but I have this feeling of optimism surging inside of me. I hope the football godz have filled our karma account all the way up.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 19, 2012 04:12AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> The really weird thing is... He's a legit Miami
> fan.
>
> I just think the fella is a tad impatient and
> needs more cardio.
>
> Can you say elliptical?

been doing a ton of cardio lol funny you said that bignasty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.