HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          BluePrint for success: 49ers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
BluePrint for success: 49ers
Posted by: cahokietim ()
Date: January 15, 2012 07:45AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BluePrint for success: 49ers
Date: January 15, 2012 08:00AM

I agree with you until you mention Henne over Matt Moore. Seriously.......eye rolling smiley

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 15, 2012 08:30AM

Mike Singletary (Defensive guy) said they could not win with Smith

If you look at them they don't have a marshall like WR threat, Vernon their best weapon. Shut him and the run down and they are in trouble. They, and the Ravens ae built around defense

Pats, GB & Saints built around offense. Saints still haven't won playoff game on the road

We need a TE like Allen, Fleener Ladarious green, or Michael Egnew, a pass rusher, and OL help

If we can land Flynn that improves us. Sure Flynn has only played 2 games, but Luck and Griffin haven't played a single game!

I am not sold on Griffin in the NFL

If we can land Flynn, Allen, Reiff or Jonathan Martin, and a WR like Criner, Fuller , McNutt, Podey, Streeter 4-7 and that a major upgrade offensively

Defensivly add a pass rusher like a Brandon Lindsay or Bruce Irvin and a DB Chase minnifield, Stephon Gilmore or steal a Brandon Carr, Terrell Thomas, or Finnegan in FA

How the hell did Nincovich get away?

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 15, 2012 10:07AM

Hmm i dunno 49ers look like a Wanny/JJ team to me, with old fashioned D and run game. They did well this week because of the extra week of rest, next week I expect they'd have a chance against the Giants , no chance whatsoever against the Pack.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:40PM

dont forget that rex ryan had two back to back AFC championship runs and now people want him out cause his team is a mess. Just relax, yes they are having a great dream run but when you say blueprint i would not give any first year person at anyposition that credit. Just give him three years and lets reevaluate. Cause if over the next two years he is 6-10 and then 4-12 then what? or he could be 10+ both years so lets see.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: January 15, 2012 03:16PM

remember that the 49ers took a QB high in the 2nd round last year so it seems like they have a back up plan for Smith if he doesn't continue to improve. The goal is to have a top 5 QB and if Smith can't at least get close to that level then they will give the young kid his shot.

I do like that blueprint for an immediate turnaround though. A few additions on defense(pass rusher, Ccool smiley, a QB for the long term (not Matt Moore), and solidifying the LG and RT positions would be a great off season. At this point I'm not concerned with adding more weapons on offense, that's for next off season unless we have a can't miss opportunity.

Date: January 17, 2012 08:52AM

Thanks for the good comments/feedback.

>> Posted by: TreasurecoastPhinsfan
>> I agree with you until you mention Henne over Matt Moore. Seriously

Fair enough, Matt Moore would deserve to be "named the starter" over Henne in pre-season. However, I do think Henne is a legitimate addition to the Dolphin roster for QB depth. (assuming no Flynn and no good QB via draft).

>> Posted by: jlyell13

Great points, especially about TE, we need an upgrade there.
Look at what worked for winning playoff teams.

>> Posted by: DarthHoodie
>> Hmm i dunno 49ers look like a Wanny/JJ team to me, with old fashioned D and run game. They did well this week because of the extra week of rest,

Right, but my point was a great coach took a 6-10 team to a #2 seed in the playoffs. Even if they would have lost to the Saints (which I admittedly thought they would), my praise would be the same. And he can clearly develop QB's.

>> Posted by: Miami Reppa
>> dont forget that rex ryan had two back to back AFC championship runs and now people want him out cause his team is a mess. Just relax, yes they are having a great dream run but when you say blueprint i would not give any first year person at anyposition that credit. Just give him three years and lets reevaluate. Cause if over the next two years he is 6-10 and then 4-12 then what? or he could be 10+ both years so lets see.

Reppa....love your posts
I know the next couple seasons will prove that Harbaugh is the real deal.
I TRY to FORGET Rex Ryan on purpose. I don't put RR anywhere near the class of Harbaugh.

>> Posted by: dolphin1423
>> remember that the 49ers took a QB high in the 2nd round last year so it seems like they have a back up plan for Smith if he doesn't continue to improve.

Right, the kid from Nevada.
It's a very good plan to get a top quality QB and stash him on the roster until he's needed. One of the few superstitions I have is NO 2nd round QB selections, the Phins have SUCKED at drafting QB's in the 2nd round.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 17, 2012 09:18AM

I have to agree with the Henne thing. Alex Smith is a superior athlete and has a significantly tougher mind than Henne, who seems to get rattled and sloth-like when the opposing D looks at him with naughty intentions.

Whatever “IT” is, Henne doesn’t have it. And Alex Smith has a few hurdles to clear before I’d consider him cured of QB turrets. So time will tell…

Other than that, SF sucked bigtime for years in a weak division and accumulated talent as a natural byproduct of their perpetual suckiness. We haven’t sucked long enough yet for that kind of talent bounty. We had a chance this year and blew it by winning too many games. And our QB hurt us a lot in draft position. Alex, on the other hand, gave SF a whole sting of losing seasons to build on. I think Henne could do that, maybe even better…

BNF.

Date: January 17, 2012 05:08PM

BNF
Perhaps I'm stretching it in the comparison between Henne and Smith and your point of Henne getting "rattled" is a good one. Listening to him during post game press conference was PAINFUL, I think there is a strong link between a QB's intelligence and their performance on the field.

The HATE Smith was getting here in the Bay Area was surprising (even at the beginning of the year).

And I'm not suggesting Henne (or any Phin QB ) suck year-after-year to stockpile talent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2012 07:33AM by cahokietim.

Date: January 24, 2012 07:36AM

Date: January 24, 2012 08:25AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dont forget that rex ryan had two back to back AFC
> championship runs and now people want him out
> cause his team is a mess. Just relax, yes they
> are having a great dream run but when you say
> blueprint i would not give any first year person
> at anyposition that credit. Just give him three
> years and lets reevaluate. Cause if over the next
> two years he is 6-10 and then 4-12 then what? or
> he could be 10+ both years so lets see.

Sometimes you make alot of sense. thumbs up

Date: January 24, 2012 09:07AM

I expect the 49ers to come back to earth next year.

But they do have the advantage playing in the weakest division in the NFL. Lets see if Jeff Fisher can give Hairbrush a run for his sushi.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:59AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I expect the 49ers to come back to earth next
> year.
>
> But they do have the advantage playing in the
> weakest division in the NFL. Lets see if Jeff
> Fisher can give Hairbrush a run for his sushi.

Probably. Rams will benefit from an easier schedule next year. 49ers will have a tough one.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 24, 2012 12:02PM

I don't know BNF. They looked pretty solid to me and the thing of it is that without those two return mistakes, without those two turnovers, they would have been in the SuperBowl.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:15PM

49ers are overrated. They played a cupcake schedule just like we did in 2007, since their division so bad. Caretaker QB is not the formula to win in the NFL. We tried that---caretaker QB (feidler) good RB (ricky) good D (JT, Zach, etc) and it got us know where. Of course we had wanny coaching us and not harbaugh, but I think the 49ers won't be back in the NFC title game for awhile.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 24, 2012 04:33PM

There defense is the new Ravens defense. Just watch and see. They are gonna be unbelievably dominant next season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 26, 2012 09:47AM

They have a very solid D, and a solid OL, good ground game, and...

they had every advantage this year, and yea - they took advantage of that. But they have a hard time scoring points, and you have to wonder if Alex Smith has any upside left?

He's a mechanical plodder type, and his biggest plays seem to be scrambles. They matched-up well against the Giants, but I don't think they're on the verge of greatness.

They also had the HUGE advantage of going through the year with the roster staying remarkably healthy...So next season they play a tougher schedule and may not get all the breaks they did this season. The odds are they will fall back a bit IMO.

Plus, Hairbrush is intrinsically an asshole IMO. But of course you could always ask Jim Schwartz.

BNF.

Posted by: DarthHoodie ()
Date: January 26, 2012 03:22PM

The key behind the 49ers success this past season is very simple. They are great at fundamental tackling. First hit and the guy goes down. It's not like the Dolphins with broken tackles everywhere. It has always been the mark of a good team to have a solid grasp of tackling the other team and preventing the extra yardage. There is noting special that I see about them aside from that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.