HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Did the Ravens get hosed?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Did the Ravens get hosed?
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:33AM

Poll
Did the Ravens get hosed by the replay officials who ruled that Santonio Holmes scored a TD?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
18 votes were received.
Yes, if so why? 12

67%
No, if not why? 6

33%

Yes, this is a Dolphins message board; but right now the AFC playoff picture is wide open. It seems that almost every game has some sort of playoff implications. So did the Ravens get hosed by the replay officials who ruled that Santonio Holmes scored a TD?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did the Ravens get hosed?
Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:53AM

I thought he clearly had a touchdown. I know the announcers were saying not, but when they stepped frame by frame he had his feet down and the ball was in. He also had the ball in both hands securely.

They made it sound like he needed to tuck the ball in, which he did as he was coming out of the endzone, but the rule is just secure, not tucked in.

Date: December 15, 2008 08:03AM

I didn't think that they had indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 15, 2008 08:10AM

NOT enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 15, 2008 08:31AM

i agree....not enough evidence to over-turn the ruling on the field.
I have spoken.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 15, 2008 08:34AM

Who cares? As long as they did!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 15, 2008 08:36AM

What bugs me is that this may put the Pats in the playoffs.

We all know that if we win out, we will win the division. Same is true with the Jets - if they win out they will win the division. The loser will most likely miss the playoffs (barring a collapse by both the Ravens and the Pats).

The 2nd wildcard spot (after the Colts) will probably come down to the Pats and the Ravens. The Pats should win out putting them at 11-5. IF the Ravens lose to the Cowboys next week in Dallas, they will finish no better than 10-6. In that scenario, the Pats would make the playoffs.

Date: December 15, 2008 09:20AM

I would rather face NE than Baltimore now that I get a chance to think about it. Baltimore's D is tough!

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 15, 2008 09:58AM

I guess you have gotten over that 48 burger that NE put on us just a few weeks ago. I would rather get manhandled by the ravens cause atleast we wont go down by 3 td in the first half...

Date: December 15, 2008 10:10AM

I would rather play a tough defensive game against the Ravens (and hope that our QB makes one more play or one less mistake than their QB ) than get into a high scoring shootout with the Pats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 10:19AM by Northeast Fin Fan.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 15, 2008 10:27AM

I wish they both could have lost somehow...

Date: December 15, 2008 11:20AM

New England beat us by 20 points in week 12. We beat them by 25 prior to that. We lost to Baltimore by 14 points.

Miami and Baltimore are both better than the last time we played.

NE squeaked by Seattle in week 14 and killed Oakland in week 15. They got smoked by Pittsburg while Baltimore almost beat Pit and teh Steelers have THE best defense in the league.

Baltimore has blown every team they played out of the water except for Pittsburgh and the New York Giants.

I guess it really doesn't matter because we have to have the ability to beat both if we are going to do anything anyway.

All I know is Baltimore is ahead of us with the 6th seed and NE is behind us with the 8th seed.

Again, it doesn't really matter because the bottom line is...We HAVE to win out or we are out.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 15, 2008 05:29PM

Well, they are going to have to lose another game in order for us to beat them out for a wild card spot if it comes to that because they beat us head to head, Baltimore, that is.

So like the earlier guy, I was just grateful for the call, correct or not, and I believe it was not.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2008 05:32PM

Why? Because Goodell sucks and wants to turn the NFL in to the WWF and start fixing games.

The ball didn't break the plane, and there was no evidence to the contrary.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2008 05:33PM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: December 15, 2008 05:47PM

It looked like a TD to me. Where the refs would normally give him forward progress for the catch was at the goal line.

It really wasn't as defining as everyone is pretending. Pitt still had a 4th down play to make that final 1/10 of an inch in dispute. And that is really what we are disputing...a 1/10th of an inch.

The refs got it right on the replay.

The real reason the Ravens lost was the poor performance of Flacco. 2 Ints and a sputtering offense are tough to overcome.

Date: December 15, 2008 05:53PM

fxxkthebills Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i agree....not enough evidence to over-turn the
> ruling on the field.
> I have spoken.

It was NOT ruled a TD on the field but WAS overturned...so there was enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field.

The league has spoken.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.