HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rushing is pathetic
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Rushing is pathetic
Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 15, 2008 05:40AM

I don't blame our running backs, or our line, I blame the Offensive coordinator.

Last year we had an awful team, but we could set up lanes and get 100 yards a game easily. This line is way better than last years, we should be able to roll over teams like San Fran with the run.

This year all we get is 'sustain the block longer,' well what about pulling a guard once in a while and setting up a lane or two. Ronnie thrives on running up and down the field, but we're forcing him to run out because there's no cracks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rushing is pathetic
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 15, 2008 05:45AM

Don't blame our OC either. Our two starting guards are out for the year.
We have a couple of scrubs in their place.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 15, 2008 06:52AM

You can't tell me we couldn't pull a guard for a run. They do it for the wildcat, but that's it. Regular rushing they run straight toward the hole without any movement.

We did it last year with worse guards and other teams that are even worse still do it against us. We didn't use our starting guard even before he was injured.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 15, 2008 07:49AM

They are still experimenting, trying to find the best players at each position to replace the quality guards we lost.

I hope that Al Johnson catches on at Center so Satele can move to LG. He seems to like the idea. He uses more quickness and can use that to pull from the LG spot. AJ is stronger and also a proven center. We could then use Alleman at RG.

This could help us down the stretch. We will find out this week in KC as they are ranked 30th vs the run.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 15, 2008 08:15AM

this week will be huge for our run game.....just watch. I'm predicting some pretty big numbers.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 15, 2008 08:24AM

smileys with beer

Date: December 15, 2008 08:28AM

and I wouldn't say pathetic but it was not there on key downs. Ronnie brown averaged 6.7 yards per carry on Sunday! and 4.45 as a team, well above league average.

We ran 22 times and passed 19 times. The problem was penalties at key times and 3rd down problems. We had 8 penalties for 66 yards.

At one point we failed to convert a 2nd and two and had to punt. That WAS a pathetic rushing display.

Failed to convert again on 3rd and 2 with the pass.. no gain to Ginn.

3rd and 13 failed...pass incomplete

2nd and 5...failed, run middle to Polite-1 yard and then left side to Brown for minus 2 yards....missed FG.

The defense could not get off the field either and was absolutely bend but don't break...holding them to all FG's.

We seemed to have more success on the pitch play but continued to try and run it up the middle with no success. Maybe they were looking at which Center was performing better...Johnson or Satele?

.....................................................................................

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 15, 2008 09:52AM

I think a defense respects you more when you POUND THE ROCK. But, we have come a long way from the old phins running up the middle on the first 2 plays of every drive.

Date: December 15, 2008 09:58AM

Personally, I like the fact that we have been passing more on first down but you can't do it all the time.

Posted by: jpippiniii ()
Date: December 15, 2008 02:07PM

Every once in a while we pull a big gain off our running game for maybe 30 yards or more. I am with them using more then hitting the hole straight. We need to spread the run game apart... Use different formations. we need to quit trying to hit the same darn spot!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 15, 2008 02:58PM

Let's see. We have our best QB since Marino...no one can argue that. Why not pass more? We've been a run-first team for years simply because or RBs were better than our QB. That's not the case anymore!!

All I care is that we're winning.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2008 06:08PM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2008 06:10PM

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 17, 2008 10:57AM

There's nothing wrong with the run game. In fact, they should run right the hell outta town.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:02PM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I care is that we're winning.
>
> Then why the F- are you complaining? Seems clear
> to me that this coaching staff is getting Chicken
> Salad out of Chicken $#!+.
>
> Really, some of you people ought to chill. We
> aren't exactly winning the most exciting games,
> but we are winning and on the cusp of the
> playoffs.

Huh? I'm NOT complaining. Name one post where I'm complaining!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.