HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Matt Moore
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Matt Moore
Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 03:33PM

I'm not sure why many fans do not want to give Matt a chance to be our quarterback of the future. So many people think that we must draft a quarterback early. Imo, I think there is a good chance that we have a great quarterback in Matt Moore for the future.

Matt has started 11 games this season. Imo, his first two starts were a little shaky. It had been a little bit of time since he had played. He also needed a little time to gel with our offensive players. Realistically, he is probably still gelling with them and will only get better and more comfortable with an off season and a full preseason.

In the 11 games he has started, He has 15 t.d.s and 7 int. He also is 11th in the league in quarterback rating with an 89.7. Take away those shaky couple of first weeks due to him being more comfortable and familiar with our offensive players, throw in 5 more starts, and I think the Phins have a winner. Whats our record been since he started playing?

There are currently only 10 starting quarterbacks in the league with a better rating. And that's not counting that Matt still has room for improvement. That he hasn't completely gelled yet with his offensive teammates. Most of all, we are on the verge of giving up more sacks than we ever have in a season. Including the dreaded 1-15 season. And the guy is still playing, scoring and putting up the stats that he is. Imagine if Matt had started from week one and had a full off season and preseason with our offense as the starting q.b. If he played a full 16 games the way he has the last few, and that our o-line would actually protect a little better.

I could easily see him rated in the top 5 with quarterback rating in the league. He is only going to get better and more comfortable in time. I truly believe he may be our Tom Brady. He may be our Tony Romo. I dont know for sure. But I think what he has done, merits him a chance.

Lets draft more O-line and secondary players, maybe a great TE. But lets not sell the farm on a quarterback just yet. There is a great chance that we already have one!

Go phins! 2012

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Matt Moore
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 28, 2011 03:49PM

finman34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not sure why many fans do not want to give
> Matt a chance to be our quarterback of the future.
> So many people think that we must draft a
> quarterback early. Imo, I think there is a good
> chance that we have a great quarterback in Matt
> Moore for the future.

RE: Because the odds of getting a really good QB are much better when you draft then high in the first round. The NFL is getting more and more favorable to great passers, rule changes and salaries have done this. Moore may be a good enough QB for us to win it all but it's smart to hedge your bet with a draft pick.
>
> Matt has started 11 games this season. Imo, his
> first two starts were a little shaky. It had been
> a little bit of time since he had played. He also
> needed a little time to gel with our offensive
> players. Realistically, he is probably still
> gelling with them and will only get better and
> more comfortable with an off season and a full
> preseason.

RE: Agreed that he should be given a shot but NO ONE should be gifted anything. Moore should have to earn the starters job just like a rookie would if he was to be our starter.
>
> In the 11 games he has started, He has 15 t.d.s
> and 7 int. He also is 11th in the league in
> quarterback rating with an 89.7. Take away those
> shaky couple of first weeks due to him being more
> comfortable and familiar with our offensive
> players, throw in 5 more starts, and I think the
> Phins have a winner. Whats our record been since
> he started playing?

RE: Agreed, he shows a lot of promise but again we need to hedge our bets...and it's 5-6.
>
> There are currently only 10 starting quarterbacks
> in the league with a better rating. And that's not
> counting that Matt still has room for improvement.
> That he hasn't completely gelled yet with his
> offensive teammates. Most of all, we are on the
> verge of giving up more sacks than we ever have in
> a season. Including the dreaded 1-15 season. And
> the guy is still playing, scoring and putting up
> the stats that he is. Imagine if Matt had started
> from week one and had a full off season and
> preseason with our offense as the starting q.b. If
> he played a full 16 games the way he has the last
> few, and that our o-line would actually protect a
> little better.

RE: Agreed, but whether or not he continues to play the way he has or improves...is a mystery at this point. I hope he does but we need another option in case he dosen't.
>
> I could easily see him rated in the top 5 with
> quarterback rating in the league. He is only going
> to get better and more comfortable in time. I
> truly believe he may be our Tom Brady. He may be
> our Tony Romo. I dont know for sure. But I think
> what he has done, merits him a chance.

RE: It does...but let's not get carried away with the praise and hype just yet.
>
> Lets draft more O-line and secondary players,
> maybe a great TE. But lets not sell the farm on a
> quarterback just yet. There is a great chance that
> we already have one!

RE: Agreed...but we should be doing this no matter who our QB is.
>
> Go phins! 2012

RE: Agreed!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 28, 2011 04:03PM

If the price is to steep for Luck or RG3, then we should sign Flynn from Green Bay to compete with Moore and draft a developmental guy from the 2nd rnd down, but if we have a legit, realistic shot at Luck or RG3 and we don't do it because of Moore, that'll be career suicide for Ireland.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 28, 2011 05:52PM

The dwindling number of QBs available, particularly if RGIII does not come out may make this a different question.

The new question may be that if Luck is gone, is there any QB WORTH a first round draft choice.

Why draft a QB that was originally projected as a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the first round just because a bunch of the previous 1st projected QBs decided not to come out?

Why try to force a square peg into a round hole?

It is more and more beginning to look like the better option for us is to go elsewhere in the first round unless we can get Luck, RGIII or at least Landry Jones.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 28, 2011 05:54PM

i agree chyren. i don't think forcing a QB in the 1st round is the right move. and if we are looking at Landry Jones, I hope we at least trade down to the middle of the first round and grab a third rounder or something. I don't think Landry is worthy of a top ten pick. if he is picked that high it will be a reach by a Qb needy team and I hope that isn't us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.