HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Let’s get the FPBs on record
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Let’s get the FPBs on record
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 10, 2011 03:37PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 10, 2011 03:40PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He even changed my subject to make it read 2%, I
> would say that is a yes...
>
>
> Make it 2%
>
> Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
>
> Date: November 11, 2011 11:55PM
>
>
> Subject to the conditions you specified, and
> without Ireland, I concur.
>
> Rick

I said he said it was CONDITIONAL, Crowder! Can't you read?

Date: December 10, 2011 03:42PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 10, 2011 04:20PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 10, 2011 06:15PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He even changed my subject to make it read 2%,
> I
> > would say that is a yes...
> >
> >
> > Make it 2%
> >
> > Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
> >
> > Date: November 11, 2011 11:55PM
> >
> >
> > Subject to the conditions you specified, and
> > without Ireland, I concur.
> >
> > Rick
>
>
> I said he said it was CONDITIONAL, Crowder! Can't
> you read?

you said anyone that wants Sparano no matter what he does... read the post he agreed to... you are beyoud reaching Chyren...

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 10, 2011 06:19PM

ChyrenB Wrote:

>
> HOw do you figure in the 0-10, Einstein? And how
> do you know that the 11-5 was not a result of the
> foundation laid by the last coach before Sparano
> just like you are so sure that this 4-1 represents
> the TRUE Sparano and no the 0-10? You are the one
> that needs to comprende.

I find it hard to believe you dont understand the concept, trying to pretend you dont understand doesnt make the facts go away...lol
The team that went 11-5 was hardly a result of Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller, that migh be the funniest most delusional things you have ever suggested...lol... keep reaching much farther your arms might fall out of socket...

Date: December 10, 2011 06:33PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> -----
> > Crowder52 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > He even changed my subject to make it read
> 2%,
> > I
> > > would say that is a yes...
> > >
> > >
> > > Make it 2%
> > >
> > > Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
> > >
> > > Date: November 11, 2011 11:55PM
> > >
> > >
> > > Subject to the conditions you specified, and
> > > without Ireland, I concur.
> > >
> > > Rick
> >
> >
> > I said he said it was CONDITIONAL, Crowder!
> Can't
> > you read?
>
>
> you said anyone that wants Sparano no matter what
> he does... read the post he agreed to... you are
> beyoud reaching Chyren...

I said that no matter HOW HE FINISHES IN TERMS OF WON-LOST.

Those people who say they would replace with if they got this or that coach are conditional, those folks who say "maybe" are conditional, he said subject to conditions and without Ireland. Therefore if, among other things, Ireland stayed, he would be in favor of getting rid of Sparano too!

Your post was that you were in the 1% that wanted Sparano to stay. He said that given certain conditions, he MIGHT agree with you.

He is hardly a "fist pump boy" wanting Sparano to stay.

LOL. You want to "take all ties" and say that all "maybes" are on your side too.

When there is a FINAL DECISION on the part of those guys who say "maybe" or "if we can't get so and so coach" or "depending on who's available," I don't count those guys as supporting my position.............so what if boils down to is again, like you fans don't know "sh*t" comment, Crowder, again your statement that "you are beyond reaching" more applies to yourself.

I'm having great fun with this.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 10, 2011 07:03PM

Great summary Ken.

Another point to consider is....Ross is perceive to be a douchebag around the league. Coaches did not like his handling of the Harbaugh thing.

If Sparano has the lockerroom behind him...and wins......and gets fired? How will that impact Ross's ability to attract quality coaches and players?

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 03:20AM

Good point, and how would it affect team chemistry?
Team chemistry is a fragile factor in a team's success. Brandon has been a team player recently, has kept his frustrations in check, no stupid penalties and, hasn't been stabbed lately. The o-line is gelling nicely, few stupid penalties, the defense is making plays, they are getting turnovers and the players seem to be enjoying themselves. All that might be de-stabilized if their boy gets fired and the transition is not a smooth one.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 11, 2011 09:44AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Ken, my position is that with all those sixteen
> positives, let's just add a 17th positive and dump
> Sparano.

RE: Unfortunately that would almost certainly be an immediate negative, unless the new coach could IMMEDIATELY capture the hearts and minds of the locker room via total buy in. Very few coaches in the NFL ever, have been able to do that. If that didn't happen then we'd have to dig out of an even deeper hole...player turnover would happen and time would be wasted.

The question is do you want to wait even longer for a really competitive team, that still "MAY" not happen despite who the coach is.

It's a very big gamble either way...but sticking with Sparano is the smaller of the two gambles.

Date: December 11, 2011 09:10PM

Okay, Ken. This post and other posts in other threads qualify you to join the group. You're added.

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: December 11, 2011 10:35PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > HOw do you figure in the 0-10, Einstein? And
> how
> > do you know that the 11-5 was not a result of
> the
> > foundation laid by the last coach before
> Sparano
> > just like you are so sure that this 4-1
> represents
> > the TRUE Sparano and no the 0-10? You are the
> one
> > that needs to comprende.
>
> I find it hard to believe you dont understand the
> concept, trying to pretend you dont understand
> doesnt make the facts go away...lol
> The team that went 11-5 was hardly a result of Cam
> Cameron and Randy Mueller, that migh be the
> funniest most delusional things you have ever
> suggested...lol... keep reaching much farther your
> arms might fall out of socket...

If you have not figured out that our coach is in over his head then you should join your namesake in retirement and leave the rest of us alone.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 03:57AM

Put me down as a must go. I don't care if he takes us to the playoffs. Every year it is the same thing with this team. I believe the talent is there but even the year we went 11-5 we started off 0-4.

As for Ireland I can go either way but Sporano (while I like the guy) should sadly go.

As for Napoleon and Hitler being "amazing military strategit" I hardly think so. Napoleon yes, Hitler not so much. It was his Generals that were brilliant not Hitler, matter of fact most historians agree that if Hitler would have allowed his Generals to run the war they would have won.

As for Napoleon he was indeed brilliant.

Just a small historical correction.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 12, 2011 04:47AM

I'm not going to get into the debate (above) but my belief, that is to move on to another head coach, is based on my experience with leaders, leadership and military service men and women.

The Fins are starting to jell as a unit. Their intensity of play is growing and mistakes are fewer than during the first 6 games of this season. Matt Moore has proven that he can lead a team, but is not the best at it. He is growing, maturing, but is far from being a good QB.

Sparano, seems to be a nice fellow. However, he is slow to learn, slow to comprehend, slow to adjust. His skills are limited IMO and as such is not growing with his team.

Jake Long's injury yesterday in the game with the Eagles, presented a problem at LT. In goes Gardner who is not close to the caliber of player as Long. It is always imperative to seek a "second" that can comes close to the "first." We've had free agency, we've had opportunities to obtain a veteran player to back up Long.

Shula comes to mind regarding the Dolphins. He had Griese and got Earl Morral to be the back up. Earl was close to being a "first" and may have been on other teams. Shula knew he had talent, confidence and leadership ability to handle the game if Griese 'went down.' What happened is historical. A good leader gets a top notch back up, if he can.

Sparano has showed me time after time, his inability to size up talent and to get them in the best position. Another perfect example is RT Columbo. He's a turnstile at RT. When at Dallas he did have a few good years--that was then. Sparano is slow to see, to acknowledge, this player is not up to par. With "3rd Stringer" Gardner at LT, trying to fend off the rush, and being beaten on nearly every play, his RT counter part was doing the same--and he's first string.

Clay has shown talent running and catching the ball as a FB and TE, yet he is not being used more often.

Sparano's post game comments are always enlightening. Not! He can't look the camera in the eye (no comment on the shades, I know he has an eye problem). It's his body language, that shows lack of confidence, lack or problem solving savvy. He comes across as a 3rd string HC substitute for the real HC who is out sick with the flu. He doesn't answer questions well (either did Saban). He is uninspiring as a leader because it is not in his make up.

I realize what I'm writing in opinion, based on some observations. I don't know the man. But based on observing him for years now, he's not the top of guy that will lead us deep into the playoffs (playoffs!) if he were to stay on in 2012, or 2013 etc. There are other coaches with more talent, more confidence, better judgment that Sparano. All we need to do is hire one (easier said than done). Tony Sparano has to go. More building is needed to create the right combination of players to be a winner. Add/delete on what we have player wise now and things should be better. Our primary need is a first round draft pick at QB. Then work on the offense. Just my opinion. FWIW.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 12, 2011 05:35AM

OOOPS! I added a 'd' to Nate Garners name. My mistake. There is no d in Garner. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 12, 2011 06:08AM

Date: December 12, 2011 08:00AM

You get to join the Hosses, Fin Fan 24 and Ranger 1.

Date: December 12, 2011 08:04AM

Colonel by saying you did not want to get into the debate you have not sufficiently definitively committed to dumping Sparano to be placed on either team.

The Hosses (anti-Sparano) say his butt should be dumped without a second thought.

You can always ask to join the Hosses, however.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.