HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Problem
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Problem
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:31AM

The fans...
Most of the people that trash this team and organization, are not really Miami Dolphins fans... They either lived in south florida for little while and then moved or grew up somehwere else and now live here... I am not saying all but alot...
I hang out with alot of south florida locals born and raised on Dolphins football and still live in and support this great area. They live for Dolphins football and while they are all dissappointed most of them would punch many of you in the grill after hearing 2 words of the garbage most of you are spewing around here... I dont condone it but the lack of respect by so called fans is disgusting.. But it is understandable because most of you arent really fans of the team anymore... You just use to be... We live here, grew up here, and Dolphins football and respect is not something you take lightly.. I have done my share of standing up to Jets fans and Knicks fans in the arenas and stadiums all my life and you all are worse then any blood i spilled with the drunk obnoxious enemy fans over this team..
Imagine you all trashing your college alma mateur on campus like you trash the Dolphins.. Peope would punch you in the grill... Sorry some of you dont realize how far over the boundaries you have stepped, but you have and it is sad as Dansby said.. You all are a bunch of disrespectful, fair weather fans. Go hang out on a site for people that Hate the Dolphins,
You all want to continue to trash my Dolphins, I will continue to trash you guys.. If this doesnt pertain to you, then it isnt meant for you...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 10:56AM by Crowder52.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Problem
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 20, 2011 11:34AM

If I showed up to a game I personally wouldn't disrespect the team and be screaming suck for Luck in the stands, I still love the team and would root for them if I'm at the stadium.

But a part of me is glad the frustration of the fans are being heard and maybe this will make Ross finally realize we need to take a QB in the first round regardless if it's Luck or not.

You cannot deny the extreme amount of frustration all of us have felt over this team the last 10 years, passing on QB's in the first round, giving up picks for sub par QB's, keeping Sparano on this long, etc..... christ you know the list.

We watch the likes of Stafford turn Detroit around, we can see how Cam Newton is going to make Carolina competitive, we see a 1st r pick in Aaron Rodgers turn the pack around, Matt Ryan a 2nd overall pick making Atlanta a threat every year, and Roethlisberger, Flacco, E.Manning, P.Rivers hell even Sanchez makes the hated Jets a threat to make the playoffs every year.

All first round picks, all make their respective teams a threat.

So when Dolphin fans are so fed up and so frustrated with the QB situation for the past 10 years and would like to see us lose to get the 1st overall pick in Luck, I can't say I blame them, I share their frustration.

Date: October 20, 2011 12:08PM

I understand your frustrations and feelings about the team and Qb position over the last ten years. I liked Cam Newton alot, and thought we should have done whatever we could to aquire him, we couldnt and or didnt... I also understand from the Marino days that a QB isnt everything, you need a team.. And most of the time it is better to build that core of young players and that get a QB then do it the other way around.Teams win championships not QB's, that is clear...
All of that is clear but you also need to do things the right way, and fans acting as they do is horrible for the confidence, heart and inspirations of the team they support. The Fans energy can build up a team or tear it down.. The miami dolphins fans as this town grew over the same ten years have changed tremedously. Lots of people moved out and lothers moved in... By the very transcient nature of this town, the loyalty and solidarity suffers. I used to love growing up in the stadium and 70 thousand people in unison all sighing or jumping out of their seats, majical experiences. Or the feeling or energy of building your team up... That just doesnt happen anymore, sure blame it on the team, and I am sure they share a portion of the blame but it is also the fans... Postiveness diggs you out of that hole, negativity just puts you farther down in it... And I just seem to see a bunch of "fans" satisfied or happy with digging it deeper and piling mud on top... For what?
When I go to my alma mateur in gville, who isnt having a great year, the energy of the fans and stadium is still amazing. I am sure being razorback, you know what I am talking about, people might be dissappoints some years but the positive energy and support for the team and organization doesnt waver... Well with our Dolphins, our "fanbase" waivers and gets negative at so much as a fart...
You support the guys on your team and you support your team. That is what fans do.... Fans dont do what has been going on around here IMO, no matter what team you support... Replace the dolphins with your alma mateur and ask yourself if people would be considered "fans".

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:28PM

crowder, say you are right (you're not, imho) that if all of the fans suddenly become positive this will make the team play better. what would be the result of that this season? 4-12? 5-11? all that would do is get us the #5 pick in the draft and probably some OL or DT, with the same old cast of characters that have been horrible the past few years and mediocre at best the past decade +. This team is terrible, they are not even a team but a collection of players with no heart. not that I blame them---they have no leadership or brains on the coaching staff or the FO. I say embrace it for a shot at the one player who can turn this team around for years to come.

frankly I won't remember next year what crap team we beat 17-14 to get wins 3, 4, or 5. but we will all remember for the next decade the QB we took in this years draft to (probably/hopefully) lead us to contention in coming years

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:54PM

Tell them peeps that would punch us in the mouth to show up to a game... Yea they are so supportive that we can not sell out games, this week is a sell out due to the fact that they are giving us season ticket holders free tickets to bring friends... This would not be if you REAL fans would show up to a game. So I do not want to hear from you sitting on the couch watching a game that you are a real fan, YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Date: October 20, 2011 03:04PM

SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tell them peeps that would punch us in the mouth
> to show up to a game... Yea they are so supportive
> that we can not sell out games, this week is a
> sell out due to the fact that they are giving us
> season ticket holders free tickets to bring
> friends... This would not be if you REAL fans
> would show up to a game. So I do not want to hear
> from you sitting on the couch watching a game that
> you are a real fan, YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!

I can go to the game, i am partners of companies that buy plenty of season tickets, and can go no problem, the stadium is a joke and lost it roots, I support it finacially through business's but the mockery of what it use to be and what it is now, is not something I enjoy for obvious reason...

Date: October 20, 2011 03:08PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> crowder, say you are right (you're not, imho) that
> if all of the fans suddenly become positive this
> will make the team play better. what would be the
> result of that this season? 4-12? 5-11? all that
> would do is get us the #5 pick in the draft and
> probably some OL or DT, with the same old cast of
> characters that have been horrible the past few
> years and mediocre at best the past decade +. This
> team is terrible, they are not even a team but a
> collection of players with no heart. not that I
> blame them---they have no leadership or brains on
> the coaching staff or the FO. I say embrace it for
> a shot at the one player who can turn this team
> around for years to come.
>
> frankly I won't remember next year what crap team
> we beat 17-14 to get wins 3, 4, or 5. but we will
> all remember for the next decade the QB we took in
> this years draft to (probably/hopefully) lead us
> to contention in coming years

They need a spark, why not be the fans to give it to them, spirit is everything in life, undeniable... Strength of spirit conquers all, even miami dolphins 0-5 footballsmoking smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 03:13PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tell them peeps that would punch us in the
> mouth
> > to show up to a game... Yea they are so
> supportive
> > that we can not sell out games, this week is a
> > sell out due to the fact that they are giving
> us
> > season ticket holders free tickets to bring
> > friends... This would not be if you REAL fans
> > would show up to a game. So I do not want to
> hear
> > from you sitting on the couch watching a game
> that
> > you are a real fan, YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
> I can go to the game, i am partners of companies
> that buy plenty of season tickets, and can go no
> problem, the stadium is a joke and lost it roots,
> I support it finacially through business's but the
> mockery of what it use to be and what it is now,
> is not something I enjoy for obvious reason...

if you live and so fla and can go to the games easily but choose not to, how can you criticize folks for not "supporting" the the team. the only way the team would know of your support is to cheering for them live and in person. you're choosing not to do that b/c it's not worth it to you. totally understandable, but I don't see how you can say folks griping on a message board somehow hurts the team when you won't go cheer them on when you can. I live in DC but go to at least one game a year in various cities to cheer (yes cheer) for the team. I've seen them play in NE, BAL, and CLE. they haven't won any of the games I've gone to, by the way.

Date: October 20, 2011 03:41PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> -----
> > SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Tell them peeps that would punch us in the
> > mouth
> > > to show up to a game... Yea they are so
> > supportive
> > > that we can not sell out games, this week is
> a
> > > sell out due to the fact that they are
> giving
> > us
> > > season ticket holders free tickets to bring
> > > friends... This would not be if you REAL fans
> > > would show up to a game. So I do not want to
> > hear
> > > from you sitting on the couch watching a game
> > that
> > > you are a real fan, YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> >
> > I can go to the game, i am partners of
> companies
> > that buy plenty of season tickets, and can go
> no
> > problem, the stadium is a joke and lost it
> roots,
> > I support it finacially through business's but
> the
> > mockery of what it use to be and what it is
> now,
> > is not something I enjoy for obvious reason...
>
>
> if you live and so fla and can go to the games
> easily but choose not to, how can you criticize
> folks for not "supporting" the the team. the only
> way the team would know of your support is to
> cheering for them live and in person. you're
> choosing not to do that b/c it's not worth it to
> you. totally understandable, but I don't see how
> you can say folks griping on a message board
> somehow hurts the team when you won't go cheer
> them on when you can. I live in DC but go to at
> least one game a year in various cities to cheer
> (yes cheer) for the team. I've seen them play in
> NE, BAL, and CLE. they haven't won any of the
> games I've gone to, by the way.

Simple, we live in a dynamic world, and when you trash the team, you are not supporting the team. If you think the only way to show support for your team is to be the guy in the seats cheering ,and if not your support doesnt translate, I find that thin as I am sure you do as well.

Date: October 20, 2011 03:42PM

ps- I go to games every year I just dont enjoy the mockery the stadium and gameday experience has become over the last 3 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 02:15AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 03:55PM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 20, 2011 04:42PM

Crowder it's like this, I can talk sh@# about my brother all day long, but i'll be damned if I stand by and let someone else bad mouth him in front of me. If we keep embracing the ineptitude year in and year out, aren't we just Cubs fans with a tan? Instead of Dansby and Taylor bashing fans for complaining, why don't they go out and win a @#$ damn game?
The real problem started last off-season when our bone-headed owner and suck ass GM went on a wild goose chase without whacking Sparano first, thus leaving him as a lame duck coach with no teeth.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 20, 2011 04:45PM

This is an offensive, arrogant post.

I have been a Dolphins fan since 1972. I grew up in Canada. I have to pay extra to see their games. I could just as easily argue that you and your violent short tempered friends are NOT true fans. You are just cheering for the team that you geographically grew up near. If you were born next door to me you would be a Bills fan.

I have to go out of my way to be a Dolphins fan. The Bills, Pats, Jets, Lions, Browns are all closer to me than the Phins.

CRAP....the more I think about it the more I realize how much more of a fan I am than many of your South Florida friends!!!

You go to see the Phins you get to go to their home games, sitting in the sun, sitting in a crowd of Aqua & Orange...wearing whatever jersey you want with no grief.

I have been in fights because I wore my Marino jersy into Bills stadium during the 90's. I have had beer thrown at me, spit on, called names. I have bundled up with several layers and froze my ass off to watch my Phins, surrounded by Bills fans...and I'm not a REAL fan?!!!

Are you f&^King serious?!!

My son's room is Dolphins Teal (digitally matched from a Marino Jersey), he has Dolphins wallpaper, a Marino Fathead and a Zach Thomas Fathead. I own a Marino signed Helmet. I drove 6 hours and stayed in a hotel for the weekend for my son to be in Chris Chambers football camp and meet Chris and Vernon Carey.

Yeah...your more of a fan because you live near them.!!

wow.

Date: October 20, 2011 04:50PM

Yup! At that moment everybody knew that if things didn't start well...the ending was a forgone conclusion.

There is a ZERO percent chance Tony is our HC next year. Everyone knows it. Including the players who love to play for him.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 04:58PM

Whoa there Nanook, put down the molsens. I grew up just north of you in Sudbury. We weren't all born in South Florida BUTT, for one reason or another we became attracted to South Florida football. That should be a reason for celebration and not friction. Everybody just needs to chill for a bit and not get carried away with this divisive rhetoric.
Nobody here is any more a fan than anybody else. We all just have a different way of dealing with the throbbing.

Date: October 20, 2011 05:34PM

I am Just sick of people telling others if they are a fan or not, or that they are a better fan then you... I am a fan in my way, I did not grow up in Florida, but been a fan for like 40 years, I actually moved to Florida Just for the phins, so I could be close and have season tickets, I had season Tickets at one point when I lived in Ma. and would travel 1400 miles by car to all the home games. And then I have someone tell me what kind of fan I am???? I have never booed my team at any game I attended, but I have the right to say they Suck when they Suck, and if the team does not like it then don't SUCK........ PLAY BETTER !!!!!!!!!!

Date: October 20, 2011 05:51PM

Crowder52 Wrote:

>
>
> I can go to the game, i am partners of companies
> that buy plenty of season tickets, and can go no
> problem, the stadium is a joke and lost it roots,
> I support it finacially through business's but the
> mockery of what it use to be and what it is now,
> is not something I enjoy for obvious reason...

Oh so now the place is a mockery? so you can say that and be REAL FAN??? LOL... But you are correct the place is a shadow of what it used to be and even less then that of the old Orange Bowl. The place has almost as many opposing fans as it does Phin Fans, this is why most of use are frustrated and want and need change. Only us local fans can do something about that you and your friends need to get to the games, do you think the team hearing more cheers for the opposition is good for the team??? Or is Tony trolling the internet reading about Suck for Luck what has caused the teams problem... NO one at the Game is chanting Suck for Luck, so they are reading it and searching it out to hear it...

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:57PM

Try being a Dolphins fan in Patriots country your entire life.

Date: October 20, 2011 06:00PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Try being a Dolphins fan in Patriots country your
> entire life.

I was for over 30 years......... Then I packed up and moved away from those friggin people...

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 06:01PM

I don't think you need to draft a QB in the first round to have a quality QB but I do think you need some boldness and a good scouting department, which I think has been Miami's biggest problem. It does not matter in what round they come out of

Case in point

1. Kurt Warner
2. Bret Farve
3. Marc Bulger
4. Rich Gannon
5. Matt Schuab
6. Mark Brunnel
7. Joe Theisman
8. Tom Brady

The list is pretty impressive

So what you need is a great scouting department and some guts.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 20, 2011 06:08PM

ranger1 Wrote:
> I don't think you need to draft a QB in the first
> round to have a quality QB but I do think you need
> some boldness and a good scouting department,
> which I think has been Miami's biggest problem. It
> does not matter in what round they come out of
>
> Case in point
>
> 1. Kurt Warner
HoFer. Undrafted. One-in-a-million.

> 2. Bret Farve
2nd rounder. Not far from 1st.

> 3. Marc Bulger
What's so great about him?

> 4. Rich Gannon
How many good years did he have?

> 5. Matt Schuab
Jury is still out on him.

> 6. Mark Brunnel
Same as Bulger. What's the big deal?

> 7. Joe Theisman
Made a Superbowl, but, otherwise, I don't think very highly of him.

> 8. Tom Brady
6th rounder. An enigma. How many HoF 6-rounders have there been?

Posted by: Fin fan24 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 06:30PM

Hey Crowder kiss my arse

Date: October 20, 2011 06:50PM

Date: October 21, 2011 02:08AM

It is all fair trade ,you all think it is fine to trash the team and attack them constantly but as soon as someone starts to attack you all, god forbid... Notice the hypocrisy... You can all spew it but are somehow immune from any criticism on your actions toward the team, get real.. Being negative is just that being negative, so I am just shoveling some of the sh*t back on to those that are piling it on our team. If its fair for you to sling mud at the team it is fair to have mud slung at you.... And obviously if I am slinging mud, it is fine for mud to be slung at me. SO now we can all sit around slinging mud and thrive in our negativity, it should surely help the matter... This negativity is great logic, I can not believe I didnt think about taking this position in life years ago.. It just seems so productive........................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 02:16AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 21, 2011 06:22AM

Crowder was just doing us all a favor guys. He was simply giving us a sterling example of how to behave with zero class, so that we may best avoid doing so in the future.

Date: October 21, 2011 06:49AM

Agreed. I have never challenged anyone's loyalty. I was re-acting to the idea that if you don't still live in S.Florida that your not as much of a fan.

Date: October 21, 2011 07:03AM

I won't get into the mud slinging, I will let you guys do that.

I will say that you put a championship team on the field and people will go to the games.

No one wants to pay $150 a ticket to watch their team lose.

If that makes me less of a fan so be it. I will not go watch my team get stumped on a weekly basis, frankly it is not worth my time.

With an organization that constantly keeps missing the mark I can find other things to do. I watch all the games but my money stays in my pocket until the organization worries more about winning than having game day zeal.

Date: October 21, 2011 07:05AM

No-one is slinging mud at a team that didn't earn it.

If I a 'fan'...and in the 2012 season I mow my lawn and don't watch the game, and I wear the Bills Jeresy my brother bought me, and I have tickets for a game, but I give them away because the weather is bad....then start slinging mud at me...THEN you can question my loyalty....because I am 'playing like crap' as a fan.

We have supported the Phins through bad seasons before...so it isn't like we sling mud EVERY time they suck. And to be honest...I haven't even said they suck.

Henne was much improved...almost there. I wrote that in weeks 1 &2...but he's hurt, contrct over...they will move on.

Long is great, Daniel Thomas looks very good, Pouncey..right on! Wake..above average for sure.

Soliai..he's ok...but with the franchise tag ending...can you sign him for what he's worth?dunno. Langford is a keeper.

JT...special place in my heart...he is a warrior. Glad he's retiring a Dolphin....he should not be on the field as much as he is. Half a step too slow.

That all said...the pieces aren't fitting together, The coach and the GM signed and started Columbo. They have Rashad Jones as the starter. Burnett was the big Free Agent LB acquisition to replace Channing. Thoses decisions SUCKED...and they are a big reason why we are 0-5.

The mud is being slung for a reason...and at the right coaches and players.

To be honest...I get why Dansby & JT re-acted strongly to the idea of Suck for Luck....but YOU have done Mud slinging at fans. Not them. They are defending themselves. No-one attacked you. You and a couple others are the ones dividing the fans and offending people.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 21, 2011 07:05AM

Crowder52 Wrote:

> Go hang out on a site for people
> that Hate the Dolphins,
>

While I really appreciate the pro-team sentiment, and the fact that you're brave enough to take a stance that you know will be unpopular, I would prefer that you didn't ask people to leave Curt's site. Only Curt should be the one who does that.

Fans of all types are welcome here as long as everyone follows Curt's rules. Which by the way, everyone is doing a good job of lately.

Thanks to everyone for 'playing nice' lately especially during this difficult season.

JC

T

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 21, 2011 07:17AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> .. The
> miami dolphins fans as this town grew over the
> same ten years have changed tremedously.

You lost me a bit here. What's this "ten years" benchmark you speak of. I don't get that.

> Lots of
> people moved out and lothers moved in... By the
> very transcient nature of this town, the loyalty
> and solidarity suffers.

Yes, I noticed that myself while I still lived in the area. What's more, we have every major sport in the area now, whereas beforehand the Phins were the only game in town (and the Canes perennially sucked up until the early 80s).

The only good side to this is that Dolfans exist in more geographic areas than most teams. It doesn't mean we don't exist any more. We just live somewhere else.

Don't forget that Curt founded this site for the very reason that he doesn't live in Miami anymore and wanted a way to keep tabs on the team and keep other out-of-town fans informed.

Curt founded this site before even the Dolphins themselves had their own site. The longevity of phins.com is closing in on 20 years. Does that mean Curt is no longer a fan?

I used to love growing up
> in the stadium and 70 thousand people in unison
> all sighing or jumping out of their seats, majical
> experiences. Or the feeling or energy of building
> your team up... That just doesnt happen anymore,
> sure blame it on the team, and I am sure they
> share a portion of the blame but it is also the
> fans... Postiveness diggs you out of that hole,
> negativity just puts you farther down in it... And
> I just seem to see a bunch of "fans" satisfied or
> happy with digging it deeper and piling mud on
> top... For what?

Well guess what? You have just hit upon one of the reasons people move away from South Florida. But we're still fans of the team, trust me.

> Replace the dolphins with
> your alma mateur and ask yourself if people would
> be considered "fans".

that doesn't work with me. I went to a University that had a HUGE football program. When I was a student, sure I went to the college games. It was great fun. But I didn't care all that much about the college team--I only cared about the Phins during my four years in college. And after I graduated I REALLY stopped caring about college, once again concentrating only on the PHins.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.