Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Luck is not a guarantee to come out and who says we wont screw up another draft...even at #1.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Luck is not a guarantee to come out and who says we wont screw up another draft...even at #1.
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:18PM

As a Phinatic....I gotta root for us to win no matter how bad we are...it kills me inside when we lose. Luck is not guaranteed to be in the draft this year and who's to say we wouldn't mess up another draft...even at #1.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 08:21PM by PHINSKISS13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Luck is not a guarantee to come out and who says we wont screw up another draft...even at #1.
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:23PM

He's a Senior, why would he go back? He is getting his degree this year. You don't get your Master's in one year at Stanford, and definitely not while playing football. He's not going back.

And there's also no guarantee we will get the #1 pick. I'm not going to salivate over the prospect of drafting a prospect we might not even get, but to speculate that he's going back is just laughable.

He is effing graduating this year. Why would he go back?

Re: Luck is not a guarantee to come out and who says we wont screw up another draft...even at #1.
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:29PM

Who knows...maybe to avoid being drafted by a terrible team...sorta like Elway cried about when he refused to go to the Colts.

Date: October 17, 2011 08:31PM

Hahahaha, he's a lock to be the #1 overall draft pick this year OR next. He is going to a terrible team, period.

Elway pulled that stunt because the Colts head coach at the time was a notorious asshole.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:44PM

This franchise has been so bad for so long that we are now thinking that if we got the 1st overall pick and drafted Luck he might go back to school or ask to be traded because we are so bad LOL.

What's next?

"Newly drafted pro QB Andrew Luck abducted by UFO, Dolphin fans can't catch a break"

Bwaaahahahahhahahahaha

Date: October 17, 2011 09:04PM

Pretty much. We suck. We're a punchline. I don't even care about Luck at this point. I don't care what they do, I just want them to stop being a damn laughingstock.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:35AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's a Senior, why would he go back? He is
> getting his degree this year. You don't get your
> Master's in one year at Stanford, and definitely
> not while playing football. He's not going back.
>
>
> And there's also no guarantee we will get the #1
> pick. I'm not going to salivate over the prospect
> of drafting a prospect we might not even get, but
> to speculate that he's going back is just
> laughable.
>
> He is effing graduating this year. Why would he
> go back?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Luck is a redshirt Junior. He could still go back.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:38AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:06AM

As soon as we secure the #1 pick, Ross needs to immediately dump Sparano and Ireland and pick up a good coach who can attract Luck.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:08AM

montequi Wrote:
> As soon as we secure the #1 pick, Ross needs to
> immediately dump Sparano and Ireland and pick up a
> good coach who can attract Luck.

I definately agree with that 100% percent.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:59AM

I find the argument to lose for Luck ridiculous. There is what 7 or 8 teams in the league who could end up with the #1 pick at this point.

So assuming all the stars align and we do end up with the #1 pick then what? We get Luck? He could be like every other #1 draft bust. I can name a few but I am sure I don't have to.

Not to mention that the franchise would have to take him. They could go another direction all together; after all they have done it a few times before.

The point is not to root for the dolphins to lose simply for an unproven draft pick that we might not even take or that might not even make a good NFL QB.

We end up where we end up and hope to win some games along the way but to lose on purpose simply to take a position on the draft is absolute lunacy. IMO

Date: October 18, 2011 10:01AM

So you'd rather the team go 4-12 than 1-15? Why?

Date: October 19, 2011 02:33AM

hey you never know, we could take another RB, or receiver/punt returner with the #1 over all pick.........LOL

Date: October 19, 2011 04:53AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> So you'd rather the team go 4-12 than 1-15? Why?

I would rather the team play to win every Sunday because that is what they are paid to do. I would rather they start correcting their mistakes. If we end up with the #1 pick then great. But to lose on purpose and then not end up with the #1 pick, what would that do?

Date: October 19, 2011 06:35AM

... give us better draft position.

Date: October 19, 2011 06:42AM

Rumors are circling now that Andrew Luck may pull an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the team that has the #1 pick, of course, depending on what team that is.

---------------------

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:02AM

If he does not come out for the next draft we take the best QB and begin our rebuuilding.

If he states he does not wish to play for the Miami Dolphins, we then begin working on the best deal for a trade on the first pick.

If we don't get what we think is acceptable for the first pick we draft him and let him sit for a year, and then he enters the 2013 draft, I believe.

We ask the league for compensation (not saying we would get it) for loosing our 2012 first round pick for reason's out of our contrl.

Then he is one year removed from football - not saying he would not be a good draft prospect, but I would guess he would not go #1 in the first round.

Then, if and when the Dolphins play against him, if we have a true football team and a true football coach, we remind him who the Miami Dolphins are.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:03AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Rumors are circling now that Andrew Luck may pull
> an Eli Manning and refuse to play for the team
> that has the #1 pick, of course, depending on what
> team that is.

This is why we need to work hard to convince him to come to Miami. Once we've got a lock on the #1 pick...or we're at-worst tied with Indy...Ross needs to make a coach/GM change and bringing in someone who can draw Luck over here. I'd also have Marino and Griese call him. Talking to 2 HoF QBs may sway him.

It could be, btw, that he won't play for Indy as long as Manning is there. I have a feeling Luck doesn't want to sit on the bench for 3-4 years.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:10AM

I am reading that what he supposedly said was that he didn't want to play for a fans base that cheers for their team to lose in order to get him. Maybe he heard about the moronic fans booing Henne during the practices.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 19, 2011 09:19AM

I seriously doubt Luck would refuse to play for a team like Miami, as his agents will surely point to teams like Detroit who can be turned around very quickly with a new coach and a good QB.

Miami is basically the perfect place for him to play. Aside from the obvious benefits of living in Miami, he will be going to a situation where he will be "the man" from day one. He's not going to have to battle a veteran QB, nor try to fit into an already established scheme. The team will practically be built around him, giving him the absolute highest potential to succeed. Not to mention, the fans already love him.

It is genuinely a perfect fit.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 09:38AM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
>
>
> Miami is basically the perfect place for him to
> play. Aside from the obvious benefits of living in
> Miami, he will be going to a situation where he
> will be "the man" from day one. He's not going to
> have to battle a veteran QB, nor try to fit into
> an already established scheme. The team will
> practically be built around him, giving him the
> absolute highest potential to succeed. Not to
> mention, the fans already love him.
>
> It is genuinely a perfect fit.

Lets just hope he feels like you do!

Date: October 19, 2011 10:55AM

If I may borrow the phrase:

"Like a hand in a velvet glove"

Date: October 19, 2011 05:10PM

I did some quick checking and came up with this. QB is the single position taken most as the #1 pick in the draft. Since the first year that the superbowl was played there have been eighteen QBs taken as the #1 pick and without a doubt ALL were considered a sure thing. Of those eighteen, six have won the superbowl, a one in three record. Several have won multiple times. Only Bledsoe made it to the SB and did not win.
Also, the two QBs that chose not to play for the teams that drafted them ended up winning with the teams that they chose. Whether or not they would have won with the teams that drafted them is open for debate.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:14PM

" Since the first year that the superbowl was played there have been eighteen QBs taken as the #1 pick and without a doubt ALL were considered a sure thing. "

cam newton was not considered a sure thing. alex smith either. others too.

Date: October 19, 2011 05:16PM

Maybe not by you but certainly by the teams that chose them.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:27PM

Date: October 20, 2011 07:34AM

You know, if I knew that the QB taken first overall had a one in three chance of winning a SB I would be extremely happy with those odds.

I believe that Luck's odds are even better than that.

Date: October 20, 2011 12:29PM

It would be kind of funny if he refused to play for us, in a sense that dolfan1 would probably jump off a bridge, because he has literally been screaming the "Suck for Luck" things for nearly 14 months now.

Well, he may not actually jump off a bridge, but he would probably finally admit that he is a pats fan.

---------------------

Date: October 20, 2011 05:25PM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
> If he does not come out for the next draft we take
> the best QB and begin our rebuuilding.
>
> If he states he does not wish to play for the
> Miami Dolphins, we then begin working on the best
> deal for a trade on the first pick.
>
> If we don't get what we think is acceptable for
> the first pick we draft him and let him sit for a
> year, and then he enters the 2013 draft, I
> believe.
>
> We ask the league for compensation (not saying we
> would get it) for loosing our 2012 first round
> pick for reason's out of our contrl.
>
> Then he is one year removed from football - not
> saying he would not be a good draft prospect, but
> I would guess he would not go #1 in the first
> round.
>
> Then, if and when the Dolphins play against him,
> if we have a true football team and a true
> football coach, we remind him who the Miami
> Dolphins are.

A lot of IF's in that paragraph

Date: October 21, 2011 07:25AM

Yes too many if's. Why don't the Miami Dolphins leaders begin to eliminate the if's in the Miami Dolphins future.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.