HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This really ticks me off
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This really ticks me off
Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:42PM

All of a sudden everyone who claims to be a Dolfan wants the Dolphins to lose? Go 0-16? Over my dead body! If you are a real fan, you want your team to win, no matter what.

I am sorry if you are late to the "the Dolphins need a franchise QB" bandwagon. I have been saying for years on this board, in occasional posts (I don't come here too often b/c I have to watch my blood pressure), that the Dolphins needed a franchise QB.

Ohhhhhh but any time I came here and criticized Jay Fiedler, Chad Pennington or Chad Henne, people lambasted me.

It's too late to long for a No. 1 QB now. You late people should have thought about that a few years before Marino retired. He should have been grooming a Luck-type (not Huard, PUHLEEZE) back in 1997. Otherwise I guarantee we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

In the meantime, count me as one Dolphins fan who hopes they can turn the season around tomorrow and WIN.

Besides, I NEVER EVER EVER want to see my team lose to those obnoxious Jets. EVER.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This really ticks me off
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:56PM

I want this team to win every single time they take the field...but, the season is essentially over and will be officially dead if we lose to the Jets. Once that happens, it serves little purpose to win, especially since we could be in position to get a potentally great player at the most important position on the field.

That said, I'll still root for wins each week no matter what. I'll also be very disappointed each week they don't win.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 15, 2011 05:18PM

I have been a Dolphins fan since I was 7 years old. I want them to win. I want them to be great.

The issue isn't how great Luck is. If we had Drew Brees I would not be saying 'suck for luck'

The reality is that in 2011 we are not going to make the play-offs. It isn't just the franchise QB. OUr Head Coach is a lame duck...everyone knows it....including the players. We have no pass rush, weak LB's, no safety. OUr OL is still not what it needs to be, is supposed to be.

So.....knowing that 2012 will bring a new HC, possibly a new GM, definately a new OC & DC. We will be getting a new QB, we will be losing free agents, and trying to attract new ones.

SO...if 2012 is going to be all that? And 2011 is going to be 8-8 at best....? Why not make 2012 the focus now?

I wouldn't say deliberately tank games...but I would say...play the rookies, and don't trade any of next years picks to fix 2011.

BUT...when we get close to the last few games? If we are close to last...and a game or two makes the difference between the 1st pick and the 6th? Then yes...do what it takes.

The Colts have 3 starters who have been downgraded to 'out' for their match-up with Cincinatti.....how conveeenyent!

Date: October 16, 2011 06:07AM

Dude you are wasting your time here. while I agree we should have been grooming a QB since 1997 you have those here that shun me for being still upset at this franchise for picking a punt returner with the #9 overall and even last year moving up for a running back with Mallet still on the board. I won't even mention Pat White.

Luck seems to have given the lost souls Hope. makes them all rationalize this awful 0-4 season, the abandonment of coaches and the latest , GM Bill Parcells.

Can't say I blame them all either. Sounds like a quick fix in all this misery. But I just can't root for the dreaded jets either. No F***ing way.

Date: October 16, 2011 11:02AM

I can't root for the Jets either. Ideally the Colts and others win 5 games and we win 4: Jets, Bills, Pats once each...and the Jets again.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 16, 2011 11:24AM

Realist, you surprise me. I thought you were a "win at all costs, win at ANY cost" kind of guy, like me. That doesn't mean win when its convenient, but ALWAYS.

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 16, 2011 11:26AM

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: October 16, 2011 11:44AM

Damn it. Harbaugh is doing a great job with the Niners.

Date: October 17, 2011 07:02AM

Look, if the Phins turn things around and win games I will be happy. I am tired of watching us be inept.

Is Luck the only way? No. Do we need a franchise guy? Yes.

And trust me...the Colts are 'sucking for Luck'

I am looking for some shred of a silver lining in this season.

Like I said before....next year will bring new HC, new QB, new OC & DC, new faces on D. New guys on O.

2012 WILL BE A REBUILD....2011 is a chicken that had its head chopped off running around the yard. It might be interesting to watch...but it aint going anywhere...and when you pull back and consider what you're watching? It's disturbing.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:26AM

broncos are also on in on suck for luck. makes sense b/c elway is a stanford guy. the traded brandon lloyd to the rams and are starting tim tebow--that's tanking the season big time

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:20AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> broncos are also on in on suck for luck. makes
> sense b/c elway is a stanford guy. the traded
> brandon lloyd to the rams and are starting tim
> tebow--that's tanking the season big time

Now if that isn't reason enough for The Haters to begin rooting for Tebow, I don't know what is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.