HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Keep it up Brandon
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Keep it up Brandon
Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 13, 2011 01:05PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Keep it up Brandon
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:20PM

He has gone crazy. Seriously. Although this could be great for us to lose every game...

he shouldnt be here next season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 13, 2011 02:23PM

He is just creating some drama for the Jets and the media to focus on. Taking one for the team. Keeping them off saprano and moore.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:37PM

yes, that's 2 second round picks and tens of millions well spent. Santonio Holmes went for a 5th, Randy Moss a 4th, and we get this guy for a king's ransom and 2 TDs a year and a national lesson about "borderline personality disorder" (aka a$$holeitis)

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 04:32PM

I think he is just trying to ignite some emotion and fight in his teammates. Play football like it means something and matters, not just show up and go through the motions like a walkthrough practice. I hope the team as a whole does exactly what Brandon is trying to describe. Fight for it on every play.... not sit back and try and figure out how not to get blamed for another loss.... it is what it is , but if you cant fired up for the Jets Miami game, then i dont want them on the team... I just hope Brandon shows that fight in the game and are not just some words that have no action behind it.

Date: October 13, 2011 07:01PM

Idiotic statement made by an idiot....wow, Im surprised. eye rolling smiley We should have never gotten this guy.

---------------------

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 14, 2011 12:14AM

What a basket case. He's actually proud to be Jekyll & Hyde.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 14, 2011 02:48AM

You bring up what I think is correct crowder52, but the method that he is doing it is the total reaosn that this team needs to be disbanded and rebuilt from the ground up.

Date: October 14, 2011 03:46AM

I disagree, everybody motivates and gets teammates to focus in different ways... Brandon is dramatic, this whole season he has been under control and reserved for the most part, his interviews are much different, his demeanor...
The team as a whole has not been playing physical enough really, and Brandon in Brandon's way is saying he is going to unleash the Beast for the Jets, when you are 0-3 you let it all hang out and you hold nothing back.... If Brandon would have said it in any other way it would have been soft, coming from Brandon, and just going through the motions...
It is just a bunch of pissed off furstrated fans, nit picking and finding a negative in anything and everything the team does... Such is life when you are 0-3, but that doesnt mean the fools who take the constant negative position are justified or helping anything, more just piling on negative trying to break the camels backs.... I have another word for that "schmucks!", way bigger schmucks then they are trying to make Brandon out by his statments...lol.... Fans meet the black kettle, black kettle meet the fans...

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 14, 2011 04:41AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 05:25AM

LMAO...........This guy is seriously crazy.......

I just wish he would not have said anything and just gotten like 5 or 6 penalties so we could lose the dam game.

DID I JUST SAY THAT?

I feel like Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde myself...

One moment i want to beat the crap off the jets...

The next moment i want them to tank the game.

Yup..........DR JECKYL AND MR HYDE.

GO PHINS.

Date: October 14, 2011 06:34AM

Samsam--

You're acting like the character Fletcher Reede in the movie "Liar, Liar" starring Jim Carrey. Speaking the absolute truth is painful. eye popping smiley

Date: October 14, 2011 06:43AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I disagree, everybody motivates and gets teammates
> to focus in different ways... Brandon is dramatic,
> this whole season he has been under control and
> reserved for the most part, his interviews are
> much different, his demeanor...
> The team as a whole has not been playing physical
> enough really, and Brandon in Brandon's way is
> saying he is going to unleash the Beast for the
> Jets, when you are 0-3 you let it all hang out and
> you hold nothing back.... If Brandon would have
> said it in any other way it would have been soft,
> coming from Brandon, and just going through the
> motions...
> It is just a bunch of pissed off furstrated fans,
> nit picking and finding a negative in anything and
> everything the team does... Such is life when you
> are 0-3, but that doesnt mean the fools who take
> the constant negative position are justified or
> helping anything, more just piling on negative
> trying to break the camels backs.... I have
> another word for that "schmucks!", way bigger
> schmucks then they are trying to make Brandon out
> by his statments...lol.... Fans meet the black
> kettle, black kettle meet the fans...

Dude, we are 0-4, not 0-3. You are really overlooking the bad stuff on this team. Your positive attitude is admirable, but it's causing you to repress a lot of the horribleness that is the 2012 miami dolphins team.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 14, 2011 06:51AM

Date: October 14, 2011 08:24AM

Date: October 14, 2011 08:52AM

JC Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> >
> > Dude, we are 0-4, not 0-3. You are really
> > overlooking the bad stuff on this team. Your
> > positive attitude is admirable, but it's
> causing
> > you to repress a lot of the horribleness that
> is
> > the 2012 miami dolphins team.
>
>
> Dude, it's 2011, not 2012 grinning smiley
>
> Planning for us to suck again next year? smiling bouncing smiley
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I may not know what year it is but I sure remember all the losses drinking smiley

Date: October 14, 2011 08:55AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Look guys, I live in south florida, i see the
> depressed look on everbody's face all week after
> anothr loss. It is hard, I think it is a bit
> different for people that dont see it everywhere
> everyday. South Florida needs a win. The idea of
> rooting for us to continue this horrible path of
> losing all season long is just to much... Maybe it
> is easier for those that dont live within ten
> miles of the stadium or have been tranplanted in
> or out of the area.. Every bar that has Dolphins
> memorabibilia and poster to come watch the games
> with them, at the grocery store and gas stations,
> the different Dolphins promotions, etc.
> WHen I lived in gainesville or other spots it
> wasnt so hard to detach from it. Living here, I
> dont see how you could not be rooting for success
> with this team. Everything especially in south
> florida is a little nicer after a win, after 4
> losses, thanks for the correction Berk, it is no
> fun for any fan... But piling on doesnt really
> help anybody or the situation, you either inspire
> people or depress them, the choice is entirely up
> to the individual. I look and try and inspire,
> that is my choice, I just see the other way as
> futile and nothing in it for anyone really.... I
> am not impressed nor realize much to gain from
> those that choose to depress others by looking for
> the negatives in everything, especially with no
> input or control of solutions whatsoever.

I see your point but to me the real optimism is not in hoping to scratch together 3 or 4 wins, but to finally be in a positon to get a real live franchise QB down here for the first time since Marino. All of those frowns will turn upside down next year if we have a real QB and a reason to believe we will be contenders for the next 10 years as a result. Another 4-12 year will not make up for that. I get that we need to lose enough games to be in position to take that guy, but it's like pulling off an bandaid--it will only hurt a bit and be over soon. The best is yet to come, hopefully

Date: October 14, 2011 08:55AM

I'd like to see the Jets embarassed. Go for it Brandon!

Date: October 14, 2011 09:32AM

colonel Wrote:
> Samsam--
>
> You're acting like the character Fletcher Reede in
> the movie "Liar, Liar" starring Jim Carrey.
> Speaking the absolute truth is painful. eye popping smiley

LMAO YUP sometimes it is!.

Date: October 14, 2011 09:35AM

And i saw that movie BTW.......................Laughed all the way to the end.

I even laughed at the end CREDITS where they put some scenes that didnt make it into the movie....They became bloopers...Funny as hell.

Date: October 14, 2011 11:02AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
>
> I see your point but to me the real optimism is
> not in hoping to scratch together 3 or 4 wins, but
> to finally be in a positon to get a real live
> franchise QB down here for the first time since
> Marino. All of those frowns will turn upside down
> next year if we have a real QB and a reason to
> believe we will be contenders for the next 10
> years as a result. Another 4-12 year will not make
> up for that. I get that we need to lose enough
> games to be in position to take that guy, but it's
> like pulling off an bandaid--it will only hurt a
> bit and be over soon. The best is yet to come,
> hopefully

I dont care about scraping together 3 or 4 wins, I want this team to play with some heart and realize its potential.. TO win you have to be willing to do more then the other guy, that is what i want to see... I think it just makes it harder for the team to get inspired or sacrifice harder then any player or team in the NFL, if their fans give up, trash them, and basically constantly depress them... We have way to much depression through out this franchise for to long, from players and fans.. Our franchises sickness and problems is that, we need to change that culture, and unfortunately for our teams sake, the fans tend to play a large part in that energy... If you dont win "the fans" heart, that negative energy can become insurmountable. We had our best year with this regime in the first year with the least amount of talent, you know why? They were inspired and they played that way... Chad penningtons had something to prove and he played that way, his leadership help focused the team and was the missing ingredient. Leaders inspire, anyone can be a critique, not everyone can be a leader, that is the difference IMO.

Date: October 14, 2011 11:47AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
>
> I dont care about scraping together 3 or 4 wins, I
> want this team to play with some heart and realize
> its potential..

3 or 4 wins, sounds about right. Their potential seems no greater than that.

Date: October 14, 2011 11:59AM

CROWDER52--
You and many other fans are looking for that turning point. What is a turning point? It can be many things, but as it pertains to the Dolphins it's been hard to pinpoint. It hasn't really happened--yet.

When Saban left and we got Cam Cameron, many thought that to be a turning point. Again, when Parcells arrived--turning point? Then we drafted #77--turning point? The list of possible turning points is long. We can all name others. None of these have marked the turning point with the franchise or improved team play.

When the fans, me included, lose hope, it's very difficult for the players and the coaches to rebound. They probably read this board and others like it. They know the feelings of the fans. However, nothing has stopped me personally from wearing Dolphin colors (hat, shirt, jersey) on the weekends. The fans still are there but many have long faces because of things that are not positive for the team.

It seems we have a penchant for landing players that are injured or prone to injuries. Just look at the few rookies who appear to have skill that were lame before the season started. Our history of having damaged goods seems unlucky doesn't it. We wind up drafting players who never reach the field or are let go. None of these are turning points.

When Brandon Marshall was hired, everyone was hoping he'd be that magic touch that would enable us to score more points. His on field behavior has cost us field position, and his dropped passes have thwarted drives. He's not the turning point we hoped for. His foolish comments about being a "monster" are nutty. He has gotten fans, sports commentators and critics talking negatively about him. It doesn't serve the team very well. His antics don't provide the spark for a change in momentum and certainly not a positive team attitude.

Then of course, Henne has not proven to be "the" QB for us. Now that he's on IR, and we have to face the season with a new back up, these events are not turning points that favor the team or Dolphin fans.

It has become normal for fans to scold the coaches, and players rather than to praise their accomplishments. Accomplishments have really been none existent this season.

We haven't had that turning point yet. Something really monumental has to happen. Something inspirational. Someone on the team has to rise to the occasion and make a difference. However, that in itself in not a turning point--that's not going to be a d-day type event for us. It's got to be big.

To think the Dolphins will secure Andrew Luck is wishful thinking. Too, too many variables come into play. But that is the type of big event that must occur to get to a turning point, and it only becomes a turning point if other positive things follow. It's a course change for the better for the franchise.

The result of a turning point is that team, coaches and fans will honestly believe they can win every Sunday without regard for the opponent.

I'm ready for that again.

Date: October 14, 2011 12:04PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> >
> > I dont care about scraping together 3 or 4 wins,
> I
> > want this team to play with some heart and
> realize
> > its potential..
>
>
> 3 or 4 wins, sounds about right. Their potential
> seems no greater than that.

either the oline or Moore is gonna have to step up, along with the underperfoming Defense....but I think they all have it in them... A win against the jets can help alot.... I remember telling Jason Taylor one night, before a Jets game, the season with Cam, just beat the Jets and things will get better, he agreed with me and told me he knows that a Jets win, cures alot in this town and with fans, unfortunately that year it didnt work, but hopefully this time it will... I will be super excited for the game monday night, even being 0-4...

Date: October 14, 2011 12:45PM

Colonel- I agree with much of what you said and thank for taking the time to be logical. I have some discussion about about your turning points. Casue I would say that a turning point and sustaining that success are very different things. Obviously winning the AFC east and going 11-5 with Rookie Jake Long and thought to be has been Chad Pennington was inspirational and a turning point... They just couldnt sustain and deal as the schedule strength increased, competition got better, and injuries happened and the fans and energy quickly turned from assett to a liability, and it can happen that quick in sout fla... There is a balance in everything and every great success has the same chance of being failure(see Philly this season), that is the delicate balance of making and keeping all of the moving pieces as assetts to the cause rather then liabilites, from players, to GM's to coaches, to owners, to trainers and medical staff to fans, in all apsects that relate to the organization and franchise...
Finally injuries are way up across the nfl due to the lack of OTC and proper conditioning of teams this offseason due to the lockout, we have normally been a pretty good team on the injury front other then Pennington, and Grove under this regime....

Date: October 14, 2011 01:01PM

Cl., the turning point will be when we draft either Luck or Landry Jones at the top of the 1st round next year.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:52PM

Berk and Colonel to have a real sustainable turning point in the NFL IMO, you need a young elite Qb or young elite offensive line and a young elite defense as well as be lucky in avoiding the injury bug...

Date: October 16, 2011 03:57AM

I agree with what Mike Ditka said on Sportscenter this morning about this situation:

If a player promises to be a detrament to a team, just like Marshall has, then you cant put them on the field. You have to bench them and not let them play.

---------------------

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 16, 2011 04:24AM

I agree that this team needs to have something occur that inspires everyone. A lightning rod event, if you will..the question is what is that going to be?

1. Owner doing something? Not likely because owners rarely have that kind of power.
2. Current coach doing something? Not likely or he'd have done it by now.
3. GM aquiring a great player, or two, that inspires everyone and produces huge results on the field...again not likely, but at least he's been trying to find more talent in F/A.
4. A player on the roster now, stepping up and dominating the league...not likely even though some of them have suffiecient talent.
5. New coach changing the tone and inspiring everyone...likely, but only on a short term basis without immediate and dramatically positive results to ensure that the trend continues.
6. Draft a few new and dominating players...?????????, will whomever is doing it actually draft them? Who knows?
7. Fans pulling thier heads out of thier rears and becoming an energetic, motivational, unified, and dominating force...not likely, due to the nature of Miami and its many, many, fair weather fans.

I don't think there is any single fix, nor do I think there is any quick fix...we didn't get where we are as a franchise overnight and we won't fix it overnight either. We have had too much turnover as a team over the last decade...we need stability, vision, inspiration, leadership, discipline, heart, desire, unity, selflessness, direction, and talent. Each of those things must be present from the top of the organization all the way down to the newest rookie.

Luck won't and can't do it...not all by his lonesome anyway, and not immediately to be sure. I still want him in Aqua for 2012 though because drafting him would be a small step in the right direction. As would be retaining the servies of Henne and Moore assuming a front office change happens. Gotta have stability but also gotta have new blood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.