HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thoughts on Andrew Luck Thread.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thoughts on Andrew Luck Thread.........
Date: October 07, 2011 03:50AM

If any of you have gotten to know me at all over the past year you will know I kinda always look at the worst possible scenerios sometimes as kind of a defense mechanisim. If i expect the worst I can't be disspointed..........

While everyone is bathing themselves in the #1 draft pick next year to help sooth the Pain of this horrible season have you ever realized , he's just a 22 Yr. old Kid? My god the expectations placed on him already......no wonder he stayed in college for another year! I think he was hiding. He comes out and god forbid throws 1 Interception , Is he ready for this city and the National press? Our Stinkin fans!!? (I'm as guilty as the rest). Can he handle the Pressure of all the Marino comparisions? Look how easy Brady had it as a 6 round draft pick.

And thats if everything goes according to plan. We have a few other Teams that want Luck as well. And its just getting started. I hope the Kids is character is as strong as the rest of him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts on Andrew Luck Thread.........
Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:35AM

If we get him, I just hope that we have someone running the team who can help him and not ruin him! They would definitely have to fix the o-line to protect him; something that the current regime just can't do.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:42AM

Every thread on here seems to have Andrew Luck on it lately spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Here's what I think: If we get him, and he doesn't produce RIGHT AWAY, I'm worried that the talk shows and message boards will be buzzing with the BUST word right away. Quite a few (not all) of the very people who "sucked up to Luck" on this very message board will brand him a bust the first time he throws an incompletion in practice. He'll get booed in his first exhibition game. We'll have a campaign to tank the season in favor of the next hyped up college QB

Hopefully, if we get Luck, the fans, press, etc will let him develop as a human quarterback and not expect perfection right out of the gate.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 07, 2011 04:48AM

Considering how many fans have been patient with Chad Henne through his dreadful 2010 season, I think Luck will have to be colossally bad for people to turn on him during his rookie year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:18AM

Peyton Manning had a rough first year, but he emerged from that as one of the greatest QBs ever. If Luck has the same resolve as Manning, then we should have nothing to worry about.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:32AM

We're not the only fanbase chanting "suck for Luck", any team he goes to is going to have wild expectations, it's no different in Miami then anywhere else.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 05:50AM

I will give him 3 years.....I wont criticize him ( andrew luck )until the beginning of the 4th year of his career......

Because i know the OL needs to be revamped, we need a first string pass catching TE which we dont have and we need a true number one receiver which we dont have either...........

Daniel thomas will do well.....IMO....i just worry about his injury issues...

I would even not even mind if we do really bad in 2012 either as long as we can get the rest of the players we need in the draft in 2013...I hope we pick really high as well in 2013.

Andrew luck is not superman.....But i think he can be great if you build a good offense around him.

I think next year is the year we turn this franchise around.

Gruden and cowher are just around the corner...

OH..

Andrew luck.

Define his last name and tell me what you think.

Here i will do it for ya.

luck
1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune: They met one day out of pure luck.
2. Good fortune or prosperity; success: We wish you luck.
3. One's personal fate or lot: It was just my luck to win a trip I couldn't take.
intr.v. lucked, luckĀ·ing,
To gain success or something desirable by chance: lucked into a good apartment; lucked out in finding that rare book.

There are words that can mean different things...good or bad

But if you look at the word LUCK in the dictionary.....you cant find nothing negative about it..

Yeah........Put me down as a person who believes in miracles.

GO PHINS.

Date: October 07, 2011 07:30AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 03:37PM

We better get this kid or this franchise is doomed

Date: October 07, 2011 05:35PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We better get this kid or this franchise is doomed

Thats a scary statement. Becuase while I believe that slightly on some level, There is still a better then average chance we won't score him.
I'd be really careful putting all your eggs in one basket like I did thinking it was a sure thing we were going to draft Ryan Mallet, especially after we moved up into the second round. Do yourself a favor , as I am, and prepare yourself a little in case it doesn't work out that way. So many things need to fall in place including a new coach and upper mangement.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 07, 2011 06:32PM

come on man, even if we don't get him we're not doomed. 31 other teams won't have andrew luck, I doubt only the team that gets him will have a chance.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 07, 2011 07:00PM

The problem with this franchise is that we're just an absolute trainwreck and we've been that way since that Jacksonville playoff game (I still root for the Jags to lose every single week during the season).

Having a #1 overall QB, great prospect, guy with a great chance to be the next Marino, would do a lot to not only restore some faith in the franchise, but restore some identity and bring some excitement back. It's hard to be excited for this garbage year after year, man. It's real hard.

Date: October 07, 2011 07:37PM

Thats true. And I made that point to I was blue in the face here and pissed everybody off. Drating Mallet would just have been exciting. It would have given us a personality, a direction. Except for QB Chad Pennington, its something this team has been lacking for a decade. I mean.......moving up for a Running back!? really? Thats gonna sell seats?

Hopefully they finally get it.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 08, 2011 05:09AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 08, 2011 05:31AM

Jim B Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Every thread on here seems to have Andrew Luck
> on
> > it lately spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> It makes me sick that "fans" are talking draft
> after 4 games. We are only 2 games behind the
> Jets and If they beat the Patsies we will be 2 1/2
> games behind those playoff projected teams.

Yeah win a few games and at the same time be out of the playoffs like always....And pick mid first round like we ussually do.

Where has it taken us?

Date: October 08, 2011 06:58AM

Jim B Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > Every thread on here seems to have Andrew Luck
> on
> > it lately spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
>
> It makes me sick that "fans" are talking draft
> after 4 games. We are only 2 games behind the
> Jets and If they beat the Patsies we will be 2 1/2
> games behind those playoff projected teams.

And thats were we will stay. For another 37 yrs. We are looking to shake that cycle and up the ante. We want the Pats chasing US for a change.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 08, 2011 07:23AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Thats true. And I made that point to I was blue in
> the face here and pissed everybody off. Drating
> Mallet would just have been exciting. It would
> have given us a personality, a direction. Except
> for QB Chad Pennington, its something this team
> has been lacking for a decade. I mean.......moving
> up for a Running back!? really? Thats gonna sell
> seats?
>
> Hopefully they finally get it.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Im sick of the Mallett talk. The guy was a 3rd round pick. He is a punk.

Enough of it already.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 08, 2011 12:12PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> -----
> > Thats true. And I made that point to I was blue
> in
> > the face here and pissed everybody off.
> Drating
> > Mallet would just have been exciting. It would
> > have given us a personality, a direction.
> Except
> > for QB Chad Pennington, its something this team
> > has been lacking for a decade. I
> mean.......moving
> > up for a Running back!? really? Thats gonna
> sell
> > seats?
> >
> > Hopefully they finally get it.
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Im sick of the Mallett talk. The guy was a 3rd
> round pick. He is a punk.
>
> Enough of it already.

Name 1 thing he has done that makes him a Punk? The best Coach in the NFL , possibly of all Time, Thought enough of him to pick him in the 3rd round , WITH TOM BRADY as their QB. You have been tring to silence me since weeks before the draft. I think your problem is you don't like the taste of Humble Pie. At least I admit when I was wrong. Enough about me and you though.

Name what Mallet has done that makes him so undisireable and a punk.

Date: October 08, 2011 01:43PM

I am very well known as one of the guys on here who admit when they are wrong, I have no clue what you are talking about.

As far as Mallett, I dont get a flip. He is a Patriot and if you wanna talk about him, then take your patriot lovin arse over to their board and leave us Phin fans alone.

---------------------

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 08, 2011 07:53PM

I just watched Luck play today. Very impressive. He can be an immediate starter in the NFL. Has all the tools & smarts to play the game right. Didn't see one bad thing about his game play. He definitely needs to be on this team so it can begin to rise from the depths of suckness.

Date: October 08, 2011 09:02PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I am very well known as one of the guys on here
> who admit when they are wrong, I have no clue what
> you are talking about.
>
> As far as Mallett, I dont get a flip. He is a
> Patriot and if you wanna talk about him, then take
> your patriot lovin arse over to their board and
> leave us Phin fans alone.

Intelligent retort. Now I'm a Patriot fan. eye rolling smiley Whatever. Point made.

Date: October 09, 2011 07:47AM

Name 1 thing Mallets done so far that still has you walking around with a chubby treasure?

Date: October 09, 2011 07:51AM

dolphaholic,

Treasure has had a boner since March over this turd of a QB and ever since the moment we didnt pick him, he has whined and cried, just like the little bitch he is.

---------------------

Date: October 09, 2011 12:02PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> dolphaholic,
>
> Treasure has had a boner since March over this
> turd of a QB and ever since the moment we didnt
> pick him, he has whined and cried, just like the
> little bitch he is.

LOL. No. Actually I was proven correct and YOU and your little Pillow biter buddy are not men enough to admit it.

Its not mallet. Never has been about Mallet. Its the fact that the Dolphins (current regime anyway) do not respect the QB position. On Top of that they Promised us competition for Henne and never produced it. They through all their Eggs into the Henne bag , and although he has improved, I knew it would never be enough.

Thank God Luck is in the next draft because its the only way for us Phin fans to rationalize what could ulimately be a worse season then 2007.

I said it then, I'll say it now. And the Phins Performance so far proves what I said. This draft will be the nails in the coffin of Saprano and maybe Irleland. Moving up and taking a RB , no matter how good , When your Team needs a QB , is a bonhead Dips**t move.

Being 1 and goal and not being able to score AFTER picking that RB Proves my point. So name call away. It shows your lack of intelligence and a major character flaw to be able to admit your wrong.

Takes a little bitch to recognize one. Beeeetch. winking smiley

Date: October 09, 2011 01:00PM

The only thing you've proven is your complete lack of a hint of intelligence concerning our problems. Henne's been one of the few bright spots on this train wreck of a season (you even admit that) yet you keep whining about not taking a 3rd string QB that hasn't done sheet so far, you're even going so far as to pound your chest like you've actually made a point or something. Your argument would make more sense if you were bitching about not getting Orton or Hassleback (since they're actually playing and producing) or not getting Harbaugh because he's improving a team with limited talent and Sparano can't, but all you do is keep beating the proverbial dead horse about some douchebag with character issues.

Date: October 09, 2011 02:00PM

I've come to the conclusion that any rational phins fan can do nothing but hope we lose enough games to get the #1 overall pick and andrew luck. there is no other way to get him. if that means rooting for the team to win but being happy when we lose than so be it (that's what I do). But we are clearly not making the playoffs, we clearly suck, we clearly need a pro bowl caliber QB to change our fortunes since the early 1990s/1980s, and luck is the most sure thing in that regard to come along in my lifetime of being a fan (starting in about 1985). anyone focused on what crappy backup QB we signed to replace henne, henne's so called "progress" this year, or any other issue on this team (other than coaching and the FO) is totally missing the point.

so, what matters most this year is (1) we lose enough games to qualify for the #1 overall and (2) the other sh*tty teams (Indy, Minn, Sea, KC, etc) win wherever possible. all aboard the luck train.

Date: October 09, 2011 02:55PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> but all you do
> is keep beating the proverbial dead horse about
> some douchebag with character issues.

You see what you want to see. You and Aquaturd are bullies.Ever since I've gotten here you seem intimidated by me .Why even open my posts if I annoy you so much? Why the name calling ? Are you two too stupid to even try to disprove just 1 thing I've said? I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you anymore. I'll stay here and speak my mind within the rules. The more you attack and the more you ingnore the content of what I've said, the more I know I've gotten to both of you.

Date: October 09, 2011 03:26PM

who cares about mallett. he's no luck and all having him on the roster would do it make it less likely we'd take luck next year. I love the team's plan---don't spend draft picks or $$ on QBs or try to upgrade the position and instead purposely tank the season to take one of the franchise QBs this year (better than any last year) and hopefully andrew luck

Date: October 09, 2011 04:33PM

Treasure,

Listen buddy. Ryan Mallett has proved nothing. There was not even good reviews about him in Camp this year. But thats neither here nor there....lets move on to what really matters.

Here is the thing, we can look at the past and complain about who we did or did not take, but it does us (the fans) no good. Lets look at the future and understand what we need to do to fix this sunken ship.

We need a GM, Coach, QB, and about 12-15 new starters next year. Our team is terrible. Maybe worse (not talent wise) than 2007.

---------------------

Date: October 09, 2011 06:17PM

Cyber Handshake. I agree 100%. I did most of that complaining when I thought we had a few seasons Of Saprano and Mediocre ball left. I knew it wasn't going to be successful, but I never thought this Team would implode like it has.

It looks like I'm going to get want I want , a new QB, Coach and Possibly GM so so more need to bring it up. I just didn't think it would happen in 4 games!!

We should all raise Beers together anyway......Jets are almost as bad,at least we have an excuse! smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.