HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I'm sorry I can't do it.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I'm sorry I can't do it.
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 06, 2011 07:26AM

I can't support the suck for Luck idea. The 2 big reasons are:

1) I don' like the Dolphins losing but I hate the idea of just giving up.
2) We can't be sure if Luck will be the next Peyton Manning or the next Ryan Leaf.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm sorry I can't do it.
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 06, 2011 07:33AM

He's not going to be Ryan Leaf. Ryan Leaf was a bozo who failed in the NFL because he was an idiot, a clown, a moron, and a headcase. This was known about him coming out and there were major questions about him.

Andrew Luck is not Ryan Leaf.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 06, 2011 07:55AM

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 06, 2011 07:58AM

Hopefully both of them.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 08:54AM

I love supporting the idea, because I want to build a franchise that wins year after year, not one that goes 8-8 year in and year out. Let the bloodbath continue

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: October 06, 2011 11:29AM

As hard as it is for me, a diehard fan since 1977, I have to climb aboard the suck for Luck bandwagon. This team cannot do anything remotely close to being a playoff team. It's coach is a lame duck, the GM is probably in the same boat, and this team, while having a lot of quality talent, is not in any way a team. Nothing better than 6 wins can be expected from this collection. So, to have this team be the ultimate bottom-feeder this season is acceptable. Hey, I can pop in any old Dolphins win in my DVD player, so I can get my fix that way.
I do not want to think about a 6-10 season, with a draft pick around 9-10 is just not gonna make me any happier than 1-15 or 0-16 with the #1 pick in the next draft.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 06, 2011 12:14PM

Been a Miami fan since 1976. I lived and breathed Miami Dolphins football from 1976 until 2007. After that, the pain kind of dulled everything.

This season, coupled with the last 5 years is making me feel worse than when Marino retired.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 12:59PM

I have been a fan since 1969, god I feel old

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 06, 2011 03:55PM

the losing this year will be cathartic. unlike in other years there is pot of gold at the end of this sh*t rainbow. a franchise QB who can lead this team for 10+ years. much better than the year we ended up with ronnie brown, and yes, even jake long.
get all the crap out of the our systems now b/c better times are ahead---as long as the team holds up its end of the bargain and continues to barely try and therefore lose. 1-15 in exchange for a franchise QB is a deal I will take

Date: October 06, 2011 04:38PM

I just want to be excited about something for a change. Luck would do that. Asses in the seats. Someone to believe in. Even if just for a while, at least they tried. Running backs , caretakers and the Wild Cat won't win Championships.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 08, 2011 04:23PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been a fan since 1969, god I feel old

I am with ya, became a fan same year.... I have always wanted the Phins to win every game and I have posted before about how I pay for the product and I expect them to try to win every game.... Well I have to say for the first time ever I want the Dam Draft pick.... But I still can not watch and hope for a loss, it is just easier to deal with the loss knowing we could get the #1 pick....

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 08, 2011 05:16PM

pafinfan Wrote:
> I can't support the suck for Luck idea. The 2 big
> reasons are:
>
> 1) I don' like the Dolphins losing but I hate the
> idea of just giving up.
> 2) We can't be sure if Luck will be the next
> Peyton Manning or the next Ryan Leaf.

You know we can never be sure about anything unless we try, so not wanting Luck to have a shot here is like refusing to take a lottery ticket that's given to you. What we CAN be sure of though is that being a mediocre team year after year is no longer acceptable - hence the empty seats and the anger of the Dolphins fans everywhere who've had enough of this crap.

I know the pain you're feeling pafinfan, but you know it & I know that this entire franchise has become the laughing stock of the NFL. It's going to take a complete overhaul to undo the crap that Parcells compiled before he bailed. He didn't have the balls to finish what he started because he knew he had failed before he even finished. He gave up. Yes, HE gave up!!! And what? He's supposed to still be a consultant? For what...reject Cowboys players and coaches? C'mon man! He took the money & ran. He's nothing more than a cowardly thief!

We need a new GM, coach(es), and of course the new coach will want "their guy" to QB this team. By getting hurt in his contract year & being out for the season, Henne just solidified his future as being a backup for the remainder of his career. I don't envision him getting a new contract here, and what team in their right mind would pursue him anyway? He's still a piece of work that isn't worth top dollar.

So...If you want to win in the future, you might as well jump on board the suck for Luck train. It'll be worth it in the big scheme of things. I too once felt the way you did, but I guess I just got tired of the crap like so many others.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 08, 2011 05:58PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 08, 2011 06:16PM

I know where everyone is coming from. For years on this board I've lambasted anyone who would root for us to lose..yet this year I find myself not really caring. I'm OK if we lose. In fact, I'm already looking ahead to 2012 hoping we have the worst record in the league. So, I've decided instead of rooting against Miami I'll just be rooting for everyone else...especially teams like Indy, KC, Minny, St. Louis, etc..

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 08, 2011 06:22PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I just want to be excited about something for a
> change. Luck would do that. Asses in the seats.

Which is why I believe that Ross has a plan, and everything he's done since Luck declared he'd stay in school one more year has been centered around us losing. Ross knows he can't get asses in the seats the way we're playing this year. He found out LAST year after we lost nearly all our home games.

Ross knows that even if we lose every game NEXT year, just having Luck on the field will increase attendance. He's doing anything he can to get Luck...including keeping a lame duck coach, instigating a conflict between the coach and GM, and forcing the GM to make low-cost personnel moves (putting cost-savings ahead of talent).

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 08, 2011 07:40PM

Ross in a conspiracy to lose in order to get Luck?

If that's what's happening then I'll call him a genius.

In all honesty, if I owned this team that's exactly what I'd do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.