Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          When did you know the "Regime" had failed?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
When did you know the "Regime" had failed?
Posted by: Fleetlord ()
Date: October 03, 2011 08:18PM

As we head into a losing season and the departure of Sporano and Ireland, when did you first realize that they flat out sucked?

I think it had to be drafting Pat White in the second round...

That was my first....WTF? Wasting a pick on an undersized QB, who obviously wasn't any good because he is retired from all sports, including baseball and the UFL...

So now, 2.5yrs down the road, the end is near for the Regime...This along with other questionable player decisions and owner behavior have lead to Miami being the worst team in Football. A scant 4yrs removed from the horriffic 1-15 disaster that was 2007, the Dolphins are certainly heading towards a 1-2 win season again...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When did you know the "Regime" had failed?
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 04, 2011 03:43AM

CELEBRITY OWNERS

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:11AM

IN the 2010 draft.

We had clear needs at WR, ILB, TE, Safety. We were deep at DL.

They traded down and took Odrick, who I like, and they did not address true needs.

They passed on Dez Bryant

They passed on Sean Weatherspoon who currently has more tackles than Dansby, Burnett and Mitchell combined.

Could have drafted Aurellius Benn ( who I wanted and is looking good this year)

Could have drafted Rob Gronkowski at TE.

All who would have filled a need. They didn't draft for need.

I wouldn't say I 'knew' they failed....but that was the moment I thought..."oh oh!"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:20AM

I knew we failed when we came out flat against NE in game 1 of this year. I feared Sparano would be a lame duck coach this year, and that game confirmed it. It was at that point that I lost all faith in this organization.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:24AM

Since wanny actually.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:25AM

I will admit I was among the last to be enlightened. Part of the reason for that is I'm very much a Homer who gives any regime (and player) the benefit of the doubt for much longer than the average fan does.

I also give any regime more mulligans....for example the White pick. I judged it as a calculated risk that did not pay off.

BUt here's what did it for me: I'd say after the, oh,I don't know, 150th castoff from the Cowboys organization that got signed to our roster and proceeded to stink out loud, that's when the bell finally went off in my head. Once again in this case the organization got a big benefit of the doubt. After all, Don Shula built this franchise with leftovers from the Colts and Browns, two teams he had connections with. But enough already guys, free agents come from all teams, not just the damn Cowboys!

Date: October 04, 2011 04:58AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since wanny actually.

Wanny isn't part of the Regime. He was several Regimes ago.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 04, 2011 05:17AM

As Fleetlord felt, I too was scratching my head over the Pat White draft. And then last season Sporano gets a contract extension after Ross failed to hire someone better. I knew then we were doomed for sure.

This team is so poorly managed and so poorly coached. Ireland & Sporano need to go. This team needs a complete overhaul from the top down. We need a GM who will get the players to fill the positions that this team needs. Hello, Jeff? Is anyone there? Goodbye....

As much as we're tired of seeing coaches come and go, it really needs to happen. There are so many players on this team who lack discipline and have a lousy work ethic. That's where the coaching fails - these players are not motivated. Is the lack of ball busting the reason the players like him so much?

Ross needs to make some serious changes when this season is over. I really hope he isn't in denial about that.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 04, 2011 05:20AM

Very good points. I didnt like that draft pick. there was the one safety sitting there too that I thought would be great and they passed on him.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 05:30AM

JC Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Since wanny actually.
>
>
> Wanny isn't part of the Regime. He was several
> Regimes ago.

I mean since that regime forward JC. Please follow along lol

Date: October 04, 2011 05:41AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > dolfan1 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Since wanny actually.
> >
> >
> > Wanny isn't part of the Regime. He was
> several
> > Regimes ago.
>
> I mean since that regime forward JC. Please follow
> along lol

Hey,I'm trying to put as much distance between current times and The Wanny Years as possible! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Although, every time we get another coach who stinks up the joint, Wanny doesn't look so bad in hindsight! That is sad.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 06:50AM

The white pick was the first time I really questioned a decision by the "trifecta." before that there really was nothing to complain about at all. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt despite the obvious reach and luxury nature of the pick. but so many horrible moves since then, and it is clear that this was really the first clear failure. as others pointed out, multiple draft failures and passing on good players who fit needs over picks that almost seemed design to show how much smarter the FO was than everyone else. Of course they are none to bright and outsmarted only themselves (see John Jerry, Jared Odrik, Mark Columbo, etc)

Date: October 04, 2011 07:28AM

With what appears to be a complete collapse from a draft and FA perspective, I really wonder who was making the decisions. Everyone has put the White pick on Parcells, but now that Parcells is gone the questionable moves have actually INCREASED rather than DECREASE. So, was it all Ireland afterall?

Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:17AM

When they changed the team song !

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 04, 2011 01:27PM

Date: October 04, 2011 02:41PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 04, 2011 02:50PM

What a tease that was.

Date: October 04, 2011 03:38PM

I think I made it quite clear seconds after the draft. Not at least TRYING to get a franchise QB showed me where their heads were at. Can't win it all without an identity. This team has none. Na da. Zip. Doughnuts.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:43PM

Yes, they had options. I think what happened is that they had someon in mind, he got snapped up and they traded down to get someone else...and he got picked too.

I don't see how any GM looks at our roster with Langford, Merling, Stark, Soliai, and McDaniel....then looks at our ILB's, Safeties, TE WR situations and says...."hey, what we need is another DE who isn't really a pass rush DE, but is a 3-4 DE/DT"

now I am feeling depressed!

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 08, 2011 09:34AM

I kinda knew it when Old Bill demoted himself to "observer" when Ross came to be the owner...but I still kept the faith until I saw the gaping nothing that our Defense was in week one of this year. What a total disappointment.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 08, 2011 10:50AM

Passing on Ryan was a huge clue, followed by drafting a boat load of BIG DUDES with a history on major surgery in college, followed by juvenile gimmicks like acorn hunting and turning over rocks, followed by “the 3 stooges go to kiss some Harbaugh ass,” followed by ignoring every QB in the draft, et cetera.

In retrospect, these clowns have milked the cow from day one in Dolphinland. Ireland is a downright weasel and wears mommy’s underwear at night. Sparano is a nice fella and probably a pretty decent Div II OL coach.

BNF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2011 10:51AM by BigNastyFish.

Date: October 08, 2011 01:00PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 08, 2011 01:04PM

When we didn't draft a QB for the second time this past off season. I wanted Henne to get the shot he deserved...but we needed competition, Kappernick or Mallett would have gone a long way toward getting the coaches another years pass, IMHO. Before that, when we passed on Demaryious Thomas...I knew something was amiss in the front office given our WR's and pathetic offense.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 08, 2011 02:41PM

I was 100% behind this organization and players until after game 3 of this year. Winning organizations have stability, but this staff has had it chance.

The longer we wait to clean house the longer it will be that the Miami Dolphins win a playoff game.

If we can get Luck, it is no guarantee the Miami Dolphins will be contenders any time soon there after, but it will be a nice start (along with a new head coach and new GM).

And the fans, in general, I think would be happier.

Date: October 09, 2011 03:17PM

Finally some people here speaking my language!! Where have you guys been? smileys with beer

Date: October 09, 2011 04:39PM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
> Passing on Ryan was a huge clue

I'm watching ATL & GB right now.

I cannot believe how stupid it was to not draft Ryan. It really makes me sick. Here ATL is right now up 14-0 on GB. Collinsworth compared Matt Ryan to Peyton Manning on how he leads their offense.

Meanwhile, Penny's arm fell off so he retired, and Henne is still playing like his backup QB with no end in sight of ever becoming anything more than that.

I'm so pissed right now it aint even funny.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 09, 2011 04:40PM

But we pass on great QB's...thats what we do best.

We will get the #1 pick and draft a DE.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 09, 2011 04:44PM

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I should be immune to the torment by now I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2011 04:47PM by 808phan.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 10, 2011 07:33AM

If we do get the #1 pick, we had better start the negociations in February and have him signed by March.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.