HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Suck for Luck?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Suck for Luck?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 11:28AM

I am not against a coaching change for Gruden, if the team fails to get it done for the rest of the year. I just dont want to quit or the team to quit or root for it. I am rooting for my team to go 13-3, casue that is what fans do. I am not rooting for us to quit, lose the rest of the games so I can see change and have a change to draft high... We are in week 3. I understand dissappointment and I want the same things you want, Success. But abandoning all hope and rooting for your teams opponent by week 3, sums up the problem with miami dolphins and fan loyalty IMO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:08PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:53PM

omg you guys that are trying to compare luck to alex smith or jamarcus russel or joey harrington are insane. NONE of those QBs was considered a lock to be the #1 overall pick TWO consecutive drafts and deemed the greatest QB prospect since Elway. I defy you to find any quote approaching that for any player other than luck since MAYBE manning---and I don't think even the superlatives were heaped on manning the same way they are on luck. look, I get it, being dolphins fans makes us expect the worst, shy away from bold moves, etc. so of course when some see luck we think no way he could be any good, he's like danunte culpepper or aj feely or john beck.
but in this case sucking for luck isn't "throwing it all away," its the difference between a 2-14 or a 6-10 season with a legit franchise QB at the end of the road. and by "suck for luck" I don't mean deliberately lose---no nfl coach or player would do that. what I mean is to see the upside to this team being a steaming pile of garbage and stop hoping to plug leaks in the titanic to salavage another win or 2 in a last place season.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 29, 2011 01:00PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> omg you guys that are trying to compare luck to
> alex smith or jamarcus russel or joey harrington
> are insane. NONE of those QBs was considered a
> lock to be the #1 overall pick TWO consecutive
> drafts and deemed the greatest QB prospect since
> Elway. I defy you to find any quote approaching
> that for any player other than luck since MAYBE
> manning---and I don't think even the superlatives
> were heaped on manning the same way they are on
> luck.

You know Ghotirule will never let you forget this if Luck turns out to be a total bust. And this time, I'll be on his side.

Date: September 29, 2011 01:07PM

that's fine. if luck turns out to be a total bust I will be the first to admit it. but so what, no guts no glory. it'll be better than making excuses for chad henne ad infinitum

Date: September 29, 2011 01:14PM

Date: September 29, 2011 01:16PM

and by the way, I am not against Luck or trading something to sign him, but I hardly think Chad Henne is the problem of our team.

Date: September 29, 2011 01:24PM

Date: September 29, 2011 01:25PM

Date: September 29, 2011 01:25PM

were either of those QBs considered the #1 overall pick in their soph and jr seasons? hell harrington didn't even go #1 overall his year. the difference is one of degree--you can find people saying good things about busts every single year, if the player clearly sucked he'd not be a top 10 pick. but did anyone call harrington or carr the best QB prospect since Elway? hell I can show you a clip of Jaws saying how amazing john beck is. But no one was calling him, or david carr, or harrington, or russell, etc etc the best prospect since elway.
now if you are saying everyone can be wrong and luck could end up sucking? yes of course, but as phinfan smartly pointed out, if you don't take a player because there is no 100% guarantee (impossible) he will be great, then you'd never draft ANYONE

Date: September 29, 2011 01:30PM

Date: September 30, 2011 03:14AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2011 03:51AM

SUCK FOR LUCK IS IN EFFECT.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 30, 2011 04:14AM

Date: September 30, 2011 04:41AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 30, 2011 09:22AM

Date: September 30, 2011 09:42AM

LMAO PF2....Star of India, did you just argue flawless is not quite the star of india argument and relate that to a medaphor in a Football discussion...How can you not like a guy that throws the star of india argument out there...LMAO still...
Ok I will play and go done that path with you, so in order to make this argument work I am going to guess that you have a quote by a big name draft pundit, like Kiper or Jaws, calling Luck or comparing Andrew Luck's greatness as beyound flawless only comparable to that of the Star of India?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 09:44AM by Crowder52.

Date: September 30, 2011 11:06AM

Did you use the Star of India reference because it was one time found and hidden in a locker in Miami, or was that merely coincidence...lol.. And actually the star of india is saphire not a diamond, if you want to talk flawless pure diamond that is the Kohinoor Diamond, and the Star of India isnt even worth a tenth of what this flawless diamond is due to its pureness and obviously size.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.