HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano is a bit of a bully
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sparano is a bit of a bully
Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 19, 2011 04:40PM

I've noticed a bit of a trend....and I am sure there are times when it isn't true...but....Sparano will call out a rookie or a young back-up and put the blame on them but not so much with veterans or starters who are equally or more to blame.

When Vontae and Sean Smith were rookies we heard all about them needing to look at film and fix some things. BUt Joey Porter was non-productive, refusing to come off the field and flapping his yap...did Sparano call him out? Not that I can recall.

He threw Reshad under the bus ( justifiably) but our ILB were horrible.

And then I read the comments about Daniel Thomas who ran VERY WELL and should be congratulated and allowed to enjoy his NFL debut. But Tony S. says that 'we don't see the bad stuff' (paraphrase) and suggests Thomas was weak in pass blocking. Did he mention that COLUMBO is too old, and slow to be a starter? Did he call out his old Cowboy buddy? NO he threw a kid who played well under the bus.

When I read about Joey Porter refusing to come off the field...more than once...and nothing was done about it? THAT started this line of thought. How does a Head Coach allow that? At ANY level?

Hey Tony...you want to win? Stand up to the veterans. Quite pickin on the young guys. Be just as frank about the veterans screwing up or stop calling out the kids. Bullies pick on the little guy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sparano is a bit of a bully
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 04:55PM

Sparano is a Parcels mistake, and likely won't make it through the season. Start planning

Luck
Barkley
Moore
Jones

Although we need a lot more and our bad drafts have just killed us.

Date: September 19, 2011 04:59PM

He may get fired, but I do think he has some good qualities as a coach.

But if you can't call out the veterans and you publicly expose the kids....you can't have the WHOLE TEAM behind you.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 19, 2011 05:10PM

I'm sick of Sparano.

Date: September 19, 2011 05:42PM

I Like that. A Parcells Mistake. Couldn't have said it better. thumbs down

Date: September 20, 2011 05:43AM

Honestly, I know Cam Cameron had a bad season as his first time.....but are we better than we were when he was here?

What has Parcells left us as his legacy?

Which star?

Don Shula had his Hall of Fame players. Jimmy Johnson found talent in the middle rounds that could/should be HOF.

Have we drafted anybody since then that comes close? We barely have a pro-bowler.

Date: September 20, 2011 05:45AM

Jake Long...but that's about it.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: September 20, 2011 08:13AM

I do not know all the deatils of the Joey Porter refusing to leave the field thing, but if it was me as head coach, a time out would have been called immediately and Mr. Porter would never be on an NFL field with a Miamia Dolphins uniform again, even if he was making $400,000,000 per game and had 136 sacks that game.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:15AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Honestly, I know Cam Cameron had a bad season as
> his first time.....but are we better than we were
> when he was here?
>
> What has Parcells left us as his legacy?
>
> Which star?
>
> Don Shula had his Hall of Fame players. Jimmy
> Johnson found talent in the middle rounds that
> could/should be HOF.
>
> Have we drafted anybody since then that comes
> close? We barely have a pro-bowler.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I am all for firing this staff. But, in all fairness...we do have talent. I think its being under-coached/prepared.

Jake Long, Mike Pouncey, Devone Bess, Vontae Davis, Cam Wake, Koa Misi, and a few others as well.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:44AM

Quote:Jake Long, Mike Pouncey, Devone Bess, Vontae Davis, Cam Wake, Koa Misi, and a few others as well.

Very talented bunch yup build around that.

Date: September 20, 2011 09:46AM

Sure, but what about:

Columbo
Carey
(any other backup O-Lineman we have)
(our backup TEs...which are???)
(our backup LBs??)
Carroll
Jones

You mix **it with talent...you still have **it.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 09:57AM

Montequi you right and letm get rid of all that crap bro.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:02AM

I think Sparano tends to take for granted the parts of the team that played well, feels like he can mess with it and they will still play with that same cohesion, style and energy. Sean SMith and Vontae were touted on this offseason, they were given their own veteran rooms at camp and away games. And guess what they both crumbled from it... As soon as Vontae and Sean Smith felt comfortable and jobs not on the line, they went backwards in their commitment and what they were bringing to the table...Sean SMith did this his second year, and lost his spot to Jason Allen, Sean Smith only shined again once he lsot his job and took nothing for granted... We dont have leadership on the field....Reggie Bush is a leader, and Sparano seem to piss in his conrflakes early in the game sunday, and the offense and him never cam around... We were being lead by some rookie RB in his first start....He played well and put the team on his back but come on, that is not enough to beat an offensive power house like the texans....That sucks...We slowed the game down offensively, and couldnt score TD's becasue of it... We thrived in the no huddle... I think the lack of 2 a days and a full offseason OTA's plus cutting players with vet leadership roles , has undermind the cohesion of the team even more drasticly. We look like we needed another month of camps... One practice a day for a month, was bad medicine for ourorganization

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2011 10:03AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 20, 2011 10:04AM

I bet if bellacheat had this crew of players we would be going to the SB

Date: September 20, 2011 10:10AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> I bet if bellacheat had this crew of players we
> would be going to the SB

Just out of curiousity, did you follow Belichick's career while in Cleveland or before Brady?

Date: September 20, 2011 10:15AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> I bet if bellacheat had this crew of players we
> would be going to the SB

Possibly.

Date: September 20, 2011 10:47AM

Nahhh....

Billicheck sucked as a Coach before Brady.

---------------------

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 20, 2011 12:05PM

My main beef with the bi-fecta, is their lack of finding/developing ANY O-line talent at all. Sparano (the O-line guru) has not un-earthed or developed 1 single late round/Street FA since getting here. And please don't say Long or Pouncey, 1st rnd picks are supposed to be good.

Date: September 20, 2011 01:20PM

Dolph- Tell that to AAron Maybin, Vernon Gholston, Tedd Ginn, Jason Allen, the list goes on and on, take no succes or accomplishment lightly or for granted IME

Date: September 20, 2011 01:43PM

Crowder...you been hittin the bottle, buddy!?

That post was tough to understand!!

---------------------

Date: September 20, 2011 05:15PM

That is my point in another thread.

get your QB figured out and you can start making gravy!

Belicheat got lucky with Brady being a 6th round star.

If the 6th rounder turned out to be an average back-up...Bill would still be trying to figure out who Bledsoe's replacement should be.

Bill makes the most of what he has...because he has the luxury of a great QB.

Date: September 21, 2011 05:46AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 21, 2011 09:43AM

I understand what you're sayin about 1st rnd picks crowder, but with O-linemen you need to find some late rnd gems and develop them to be succesful IMO. You can't expect to build your whole line with 1st rnd picks, couple that with O-line being Tonys supposed strong suit and this regime has failed misserably in that dept. (for me there biggest failure to date)

Date: September 21, 2011 09:59AM

Agreed, dolphaholic. If your entire O-Line is high 1st-round picks, then that will eat up most of your salary cap. NOT a good plan.

Date: September 21, 2011 10:04AM

I agree, but, when Sparano took over, we had one of the worst Olines in the game. He turned it around to be the a top 8 offensive line within his first year. Then for some strange reason the Oline has regressed since.... Why? Sparano has showed me that he can turn around an Oline he did it the first year he was here...
As far as 1st rd picks, I can live with a regime as long as they dont mess up with 1st rd picks... And so far, Jake Long, Vontae Davis, and Mike Pouncey, Jaren Odrick, all seem like solid guys who will be with our team a very long team... Wanny, Cam, Saban, sucked at 1st rd picks IMO.. This regime might have made some mistakes, but they have shined in picking first rd picks... That is why I always said if I was this regime I would never trade our 1st rd pick, that is where we shine. Everything else has been hit or miss, so I dont mind trading those picks for a guranteed established player...

Date: September 21, 2011 10:15AM

The O-Line Sparano had when he took over was, basically, the same one that Saban had his last year (which wasn't that bad). What happened under Cam wasn't a diminishing of talent as much as it was a complete loss of team control. It's fine to compare Cam to Sparano NOW but not in 2008.

I never liked the fact that Parcells fired Hudson Houck. I still feel strongly that if we had Houck today we'd have a strong O-Line. One thing Houck knew how to do was develop young talent. All Sparano knows how to do is slap old vets together and hope it works out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.