HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Reality Check on first 2 games
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Reality Check on first 2 games
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 11:28AM

The last 2 games we have played the 2 of the top 4 teams with the best odds of winning the Super Bowl according to Vegas at this point.
Houston is 10/1
New England is 9/2
Green Bay is 12/2
Philly 15/2

SO while many of us feel like jumping off a bridge at this point when it comes to the NFL and our Miami Dolphins we have to be realistic and not unrealisticly harsh on our team although do to the nature of the feeling of starting off 0-2, I understand.....
If we lose against Cleveland then we should worry but both Cleveland and us at this point have the same vegas odds for a SuperBowl Victory which is 125/1 Not to respectful of our team maybe deserved but I predict this will be the best odds you get this year on the Phins.... That means if u want to drop a G on our Phins to win one this year and they succeed, you shall be rewarded with 125,000 smackers.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reality Check on first 2 games
Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 11:30AM

I might put a 100 down get 12,500!!!

We are going to win against the Brown's and then that game will carry over to SD and we win there, and its on like Donkey Kong.

We will be having hot sex with fat chicks tonight boy's.smoking smiley

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 19, 2011 11:33AM

We would have lost to bad teams with Vontae "Midol" Davis cramping up due to having played Madden on his Playstation instead of working out in the offseason, anyway.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 12:59PM

Reality check: we suck

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 01:18PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reality check: we suck

We havent played well, and we still put up more points and pretty much allowed the same points as San Diego Chargers did this week against NE. I am not ready to abandon ship quite yet....We had arguably the hardest opening 2 weeks in the entire NFL...

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 19, 2011 01:31PM

I don't think it would be a stretch to say New England and Houston may be the AFC Championship Game matchup. So, yes, perspective is needed.

There are things that we need to be concerned about. The pass protection of the o-line looks downright awful. That may not get better. And the run defense has been alarmingly bad. With the size we have up front, and with guys that are known as being solid run stuffers, like Soliai, Langford, Starks, it's a concern that runners have been getting to the second level so easily. We also have to be concerned that FS is still a huge question.

But, we are not a legitimate Super Bowl contender in 2011. We're not. And we weren't going to be. The Pats and Texans are both Super Bowl contenders. Winning either of these games would have been an upset.

Date: September 19, 2011 02:52PM

I'm not throwing in the Towel yet. I really like what I've seen from Chad Henne so far. Defense needs to get its head out of its ass though. thumbs down

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 19, 2011 03:23PM

Meh, we are 0-2. 14 games left. Don't see what all the fuss is about yet. There are a lot of teams out there that look like crap right now, it's not just us. It's just a matter of who can get it together the fastest.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 19, 2011 04:00PM

Agreed, Futt.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 04:56PM

Have to execute in the red zone. If we don't it will be a long year

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 19, 2011 07:45PM

0-2 4 out of 5 seasons....just a bad trend with the same eerie feelin...I haven't jumped ship and am more dissappointed about the points we should have scored instead of the losses...we shall see though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.