HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Gruden
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Gruden
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:46AM

When Gruden said that he wanted Miami to return to the glory years and that he wanted the stadium filled again with fans.... didn't it sound like what a coach might say to an owner while interviewing for a head coaching gig? I guess it might be just Gruden speak... but it seemed oddly out of place for someone calling a game.

P.S. I made no comments on the game because even thinking about it makes me want to puke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gruden
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:49AM

Date: September 13, 2011 07:59AM

I would have to say, given Ross' history, Gruden would be a strong contender (i.e. next coach will be a "name" coach). Don't know how I'd feel about Gruden coaching the Fins. Not sure it could be much worse than what we've experienced over the last several years.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:01AM

He said something ODD though...On a play where henne scramble to the play, he said henne is so quick on his feet. What?

About this thread maybe he is just getting ready to coach here next year.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:10AM

Screw Gruden.

Date: September 13, 2011 08:13AM

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally love the guy. very knowledgable. Guy is passionate. He's a proven winner.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:42AM

Get ready to blow this roster up and and start all over again if Gruden comes in.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:43AM

gruden hasn't shown anything. he won a SB with Tony Dungy's team and then ran it into the ground.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:44AM

Gruden won off of Dungy's talent.

Gruden was riding Brady's jock last night.

Screw Gruden.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:55AM

Not sure we need a guy who has "Quarterback ADD". Could have sworn I saw an episode of A&E's "Hoarders" that had John Gruden in it. He was on the verge of being evicted by the city, and they went to his house and there were quarterbacks EVERYWHERE! They found Brian Greese, Brad Johnson, and Chris Simms in his kitchen, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McGown, and Jeff Garcia stacked on top of each other in a corner in his living room, Shaun King and Rob Johnson stored in an upstairs closet, Tim Rattay in a freezer, even Rich Gannon and Jeff George huddled together in the attic, left over from his days in Oakland. Very disturbing. Not sure he's really gotten any help for his condition.

We've suffered through a quarterback carousel in the years since Marino left that was painful enough, I'm not sure we should bring in a guy who has a history of compulsively collecting and cycling through mediocre quarterbacks, as much as some fans feel we need to make a change at that position.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:56AM

I agree, Grunden seemed to be oddly coveting the Dolphins last night, more then I have ever heard on TV by any announcer. It sure seems like he wants to coach this team and its players...It also seems like he has got more then an itch to get back coaching, And was showing his passion and enthusiam for the team, if the job happens to come open... I like Tony Sparano, he is doing a good job, he just needs to put all the pieces together... He got his offense turned around, changed his philosophies. Went for it on fourth and short twice, once for a TD once we gave it up on downs. He put his offense on the field first when given the chance. The year before he got his defense turned around... Lets hope the defense gets back on track and offense stays on track, or we could be seeing some Gruden in Miami sooner rather then later....

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2011 09:07AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like Tony Sparano, he is doing a good
> job, he just needs to put all the pieces
> together... He got his offense turned around,
> changed his philosophies. Went for it on fourth
> and short twice, once for a TD once we gave it up
> on downs.

So why wasn't that unsuccessful attempt an option. Everyone knows (except the Saints on Thursday night) that when you have 4th and goal from inside the five, you can't set pass or set run. You need to have a run pass option to open up the field. You can't give the defense a break and say, "Okay, we're gonna run so have your run defense prepared or Okay, we're gonna pass so have your pass defense set."

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 13, 2011 10:19AM

Fins72 said: "When Gruden said that he wanted Miami to return to the glory years and that he wanted the stadium filled again with fans.... didn't it sound like what a coach might say to an owner while interviewing for a head coaching gig? I guess it might be just Gruden speak... but it seemed oddly out of place for someone calling a game."

I also thought that was unusual for a commentator to state as well. Sounded very much like a comment from a newly hired HC.

Maybe its nothing more than wanting to see a historic franchise regain respect again.

Date: September 13, 2011 11:16AM

"Maybe its nothing more than wanting to see a historic franchise regain respect again."

Possible. But 1) we know that Gruden wants to coach again. 2) I think he has expressed an affinity to Florida, 3) Tampa's not an option--maybe Jacksonville but Miami would be much the more desired team to coach in my opinion. 4) My suspicions are always aroused whenever anyone outside of the Fins players, coaches, or fans say anything nice about the team-- let's face it... most of the media loves to pile on Miami. I just have a feeling that Gruden figures Sparano is a dead man walking and that Ross wants someone to energize the fan base. Would be hard to do that by hiring another unknown position coach. I hope we win enough this year to make the playoffs and not have a head coaching vacancy in Miami, but I'm too realistic to think that the odds favor that outcome.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 13, 2011 11:21AM

Date: September 13, 2011 11:26AM

Honestly, if you'd asked me if I wanted him last week, I'd of said no way. Right now, I'm so sick of watching Miami get demoralized in games like last night... I just don't know. I'm dreading next week because I think Houston's receivers are better than New England's. Just what we need, our d backs chasing Andre Johnson all day. Sigh...

Posted by: xynz ()
Date: September 13, 2011 03:11PM

Yeah, THAT'S what we need......

.....another ex-coach football analyst who talks up the 'Phins, so he can get a shot at being their HC.......

......because it worked so well the last time.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:43PM

CHUCKY!!!!!!...love him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.