HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Duhbol SUCKS!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Duhbol SUCKS!!!
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 12, 2011 04:45PM

Some of the worst play calling I've seen!
Horrific secondary!!
Here comes an ass kicking

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Duhbol SUCKS!!!
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 12, 2011 04:46PM

You are flat out wrong.

Our Defense has lost us this game.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 04:48PM

what are you talking about? our O has not been the problem at all

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 12, 2011 04:49PM

Are you seriously blaming the offense for this game when our defense looks like swiss cheese on toast out there?

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 12, 2011 04:50PM

He's trolling.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 04:50PM

you are a moron. please don't waste more of anyone's time by posting on here again

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:52PM

Daboll called an excellent game with the exception of one play. Deciding to throw the ball on 4th and inches on the goal line with a chance to score and maybe then tie the game, was a disaster. That subsequent Wes Welker touchdown would have never happened if we had just done a QB sneak and scored. Instead, because we were unsuccessful ONE TIME going for it on the goal line with a run up the middle, we decided to completely abandon that. With all the trouble we have throwing for TD's when we're in the red zone I have no idea why we tried to do just that on 4th and INCHES!! Flat out BAD CALL.

Date: September 12, 2011 05:56PM

i didnt really like the call either but if we would have ran it and not made it then people would be mad about that too. i mean, "why would we run it again when we tried it once and lost a yard"
all in all its pretty irrelevant as the game was lost by the defense and critiquing the offense is just nitpicking

Date: September 12, 2011 06:00PM

FU 1423.
yes the D did suck. I mentioned that the secondary is horrific.
But if you think throwing a 35 yd sideline pass on 3rd and 3 to keep a drive alive and Brady off the field is GOOD play calling, then you're the f-ing MORON!!!
Henne didn't throw 1 on target deep ball all night. Fasano had to make a circus, 1 handed catch to make up for Henne's lack of accuracy.
Henne still has way below average deep ball accuracy, and my point was proven tonight....and all of last year.

Date: September 12, 2011 06:03PM

your post again just proved that you don't know what your talking about. i am not even going to respond to your ridiculous opinions since, obviously, you don't understand football and so you should just stop posting so you don't embarrass yourself further.

Date: September 12, 2011 06:29PM

OK Delta Bravo 1423.
Is that how you argue your point? By making no point at all??
Just saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, makes you right?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:31PM

The offense was fine. Henne was a new man. Play calling was fine and so was Dabol.

Defense lost this game plain and simple. No one showed up from the defense except for Sapp and Odrick on ONE play!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 08:11PM

There were some bad plays called on O but the blame goes to the D...we have beaten the Patsies at home with 22 points in the past few years....and 24 would have given us a win but not when the D needs MIDOL for all those freakin cramps!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 08:18PM

delta bravo. had to look that up---good one!

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: September 12, 2011 08:22PM

Don't know if you ever watched a game where every single Offensive play worked.. Tonight for New England was close... But Our O was more then acceptable and played better then I had expected going into this game... The D Lost this Game, they where out of shape under hydrated had no pressure at all on Brady, when you give a guy like him that much time he will destroy you, and he did... You could actually see him look at three different receivers then go back and look again and not even have to move his feet in the pocket....

Date: September 12, 2011 09:08PM

Daboll Blew Two HUGE Play calls on the 1 yd line. That tells you where this team is at, Your on the 1 Yd line and you choose to go for a Pass. How much did we invest in the Running game this year? The last Blown call gave Brady the 100 yd reception on the next play.

THat said...........Offense played decent. Henne showed some balls , he can run. Not his fault 1 bit.

Our defense was supposed to be steller. 517 yds!!!? Are you kidding me? Why couldn't we adapt? Seeing it in person was really frustrating. That was supposed to be our strong point.

Welcome to the bottom of the AFC east.sad smileythumbs down

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 12:57AM

I have to somewhat agree with the original poster, and yes, the D was terrible. However, the Fins re-signed Larry Johnson because Thomas is hurt, yet he never entered the game? The offense was one-dimensional all night because Bush is NOT an every down RB, and has no business trying to run up the middle. Bush should be used more as a receiver. So what if he wants to be an every down back... Miami doesn't have a dominating o-line to allow him to do that.

Miami was terrible on 3rd down conversions because they had to pass, and NE knew it. I would have given Johnson a shot at RB. After shaking off the rust he probably would've been average at worst, and an average running game would have probably converted a few 3rd and shorts. A few more 1st downs here and there would extend drives, keeping Brady on the sideline. It appears that the passing game falters inside the 10, so an adequate running game is needed to punch it in for the score. Reggie may do it running to the outside, but not up the middle.

Even though the defense didn't show up for the game, they did (on occasion) slow down NE's offense just enough to give our offense the opportunity to keep it close. IMO, the lack of any hint of a real running game is what lost the game. At least twice, the offense was in scoring position near the goal line and couldn't get a TD, settling for one FG. Suppose they could have run it in both times? Miami gets 2 TDs instead of a FG, and NE probably never gets that 99 yard reception by Welker. How many other drives ended early because they couldn't convert on 3rd and 1 or 2?

Even with no defense, the passing offense was almost good enough to beat the Pats; a half-decent running game could have made the difference between this loss and a win. So, WHO left Larry Johnson sit on the bench when the whole world saw that Reggie is not an every down back?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 02:11AM by gofins60.

Posted by: gofins60 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 01:05AM

That said, if the defense would have pressured and sacked Brady often like they normally do, Miami would have won easily!

I hate sounding negative this early in the season. On the bright side, we may return to the days of Marino; offense scores 30 points, and defense gives up 35!

But seriously, I'm sure that the D will get better (at least a little). I'm just worried about the running game. I honestly don't feel that Sparano and Ireland have the ability to evaluate RBs or o-linemen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2011 02:21AM by gofins60.

Date: September 13, 2011 02:20AM

I just read that Henne threw for over 400 yds. I didn't think it was that high. Thats an incredible # on any other day. So Daboll doesn't suck. But we have a huge problem when we elect to throw twice when we are on the 1 Yd line. Never should have let Ricky Williams go.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:26AM

Letting Ricky go is totally on Sparano and his ego. Totally revamping the running game in the off season and then having no running game is inexcusable. If this situation haunts us all season then I will be happy to see the coach shown the door.

Date: September 13, 2011 06:32AM

A F**king men.........I'll personally pay his Turnpike fee and point his meatball eating butt back towards NJ.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 13, 2011 11:14AM

Date: September 13, 2011 04:11PM

Easy Ghoatdrule!

Don't hate just because I can perceive issues other than the blatantly obvious.
Just because I'm on another level than you, don't feel the need to call names. It's easy to hate what you don't
I admit, saying Dabol sucks is way premature. But his game plan and critical situation play calling was highly questionable. But again, it's early. I'll give him another week.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.