HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Cam Newton
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cam Newton
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 02:22PM

who's the guy on here that hates him with a passion and calls him "scam"? he looked pretty legit today---1st qb ever to throw for more than 400 yds in first game, ran and threw for TDSs. not bad at all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cam Newton
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 11, 2011 02:36PM

finshady.

I have waited for this day to throw it in finshadys face. I said Cam is the real deal and will prove it.

You dont throw for 400+ yards in your first NFL game if you suck.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 02:37PM

Newton will start friday night
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 17, 2011 09:44AM

I have been telling everyone how I thought that the Panthers made the most terrible pick of the draft by taking this unproven one hit wonder as the very 1st pick in the draft. Now Scam as I call him gets to prove his metal against what will be a very fired up defense that is coming off of an unimpressive performance last Friday night. Now everyone gets too see what I have been saying. Scam will get the chance to prove me, and others who don't think he is a pro QB wrong. However I have the feeling after the game that Clausen will be named the starter for the Panthers because he will be the safest option for their new coach once the real season starts. Scam had a good year running, and throwing against scrubs in college. This ain't college any more welcome to the NFL kid, and now everyone will get too see that you were a product of the Auburn system rather that a good QB. This is my opinion, and I am sticking to it. I watched his performance vs the Giants, and I saw no flashes of the brillance that the talking heads at ESPN saw. To me Newton playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers and was overmatched 8-19 134 yds is not a good performance by anyone's standards. I expect him to alot worse vs our D this friday night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2011 12:55PM by Finshady.

Re: Newton will start friday night
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 17, 2011 10:12AM

I was not that impressed with our pass defense against Atlanta.

Our run defense did good but our pass defense sucked.

You may not be getting the test you think.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 10:57AM

i think we will see a much improved team this week, it seems to me that every year for the first preseason game, our first team always sucks it up really bad as compared to the other teams

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: August 17, 2011 01:03PM

My question why would Carolina take him number1 when they had Clausen, and so many other needs. The answer is simple it's the media's fault. They built Newton up as this savior of the Auburn program that would flourish in the pro's because of his God given talent. This same media mocks Tim Tebow who did a hell alot more in college than Scam as a failure and a joke. Why I would like to know? It Scam that much better than Tebow? Did he simply amaze during his workouts? I have been watching football a long time, and I am willing to bet that Scam's career will be a hell of alot shorters than Tebows. I guess I am sick of the double standards in the media anyone else feel the same way as me?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 18, 2011 02:49AM

Well I have been polar opposite of you finshady.

I think he will be a Super Star.

If you knew the facts, you would understand that he was far from a "one-hit wonder".

He won 2 National Titles on the collegiate level. One at the D-1 level and the other at the D-2 level.

Before he went to D-2, he showed he was going to be a superstar at Florida too.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 18, 2011 04:23AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was not that impressed with our pass defense
> against Atlanta.

Upon further review, I think our pass defense looks pretty good. The crossing route to Julio Jones was blown coverage by Vontae. I think he was playing zone while the others were in man. He realized his mistake way too late.

Then there were some great passes by Ryan. One seam throw that was place perfectly allowed the receiver to go up high and come down with it. Also the touchdown pass was a threaded needle pass into pretty good coverage. The pass rush was pretty good too, but Ryan got rid of the ball very quickly.

The run defense concerned me more initially. Burnett and Dansby were way out of position on several plays. It looked like they were guessing and filled the wrong holes. I got to think that will get fixed though.

Date: August 18, 2011 06:02AM

A super star like Manning and Brady Aqua you are a good poster, but somehow have started drinking this Scam koolaid. You will learn soon enough that I am right, and Scam was indeed a flash in a very familar pan.

Date: August 18, 2011 06:47AM

finshady, you really hate Newton. did he kick your dog or something?

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 18, 2011 06:47AM

Not much to be learned in an exhibition game. No defensive coordinator is going to show much of his hand at this stage. If and when he gets into a real game, we shall see how he fares. He clearly has physical tools for the position. Physical tools alone, however, don't get it done in the NFL.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 18, 2011 07:46AM

Finshady, I believe your rant is more than a bit heavy-handed. And your “media paranoia conspiracy theory” comes off rather lame IMO. The only “double standard” being employed is your blatant bias against Cam Newton in the face of defending Tebow – who you apparently feel has been pre-judged by the voodoo infested media mavens. Well, if you really feel Timbo has been subjected to some kind of systematic “white wash” why are you “black-balling” Cam BEFORE his career even starts? Is there a secret agenda at work here?

Inquiring minds want to know…

Date: August 18, 2011 08:34AM

No I am just pointing out how the the media treats some player while it bashes others. What Merill Hoge said about Tebow was wrong, and clearly meant to get under the skin of all who think this kid can play in the pro's. However when I do it to Scam or some one else does it too Scam then I have a hidden agenda. Well I don't I just want fairness in the damn media. Their both young QB's that played in the spread in college. How does one dumb ass washed up has been ex full back know that Tebow is going to suck in the pro's, and why would he poison the kid in his second year. Now who has the agenda me or the paid talking heads at ESPN. If Hoge can say that Tebow will fail then dangit Newton it definately not even going to make the length of his contract.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: August 18, 2011 08:42AM

That's cool. Then IMO you should point out the unfairness you see misdirected towards Tebow but not declare Cam Newton “garbage” in the same breath (before the kid has even played a single regular season game). IMV that really comes off like hypocrisy.

Personally I have no problem if they both wind up as legit NFL players.

And I'd take either one on the Dolphins roster. Though I do believe Newton has the superior skills. Tho Tebow is a bona fide gamer and a strong competitor. Heck, they're both SEC dudes...

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: August 18, 2011 08:52AM

this whole argument is hypocrisy and ignorance. If you hate Cam Newton go ahead and hate him. Tebow had twice as many talking heads kissing his a** than Cam. Cam took twice as many shots in the media than Tebow. Cam has better skills than Tebow. Cam did look avg last week but it was his first fu**ing NFL game. He sure did not look below average.

Dude grow up

Date: August 18, 2011 09:16AM

Big difference between going 1st and 23rd in the 1st round. Do not tell me that The media did not talk up Scam while the down played Tebow, and his unorthodox throwing style. They both throw like their wind up dolls so what's the difference really.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 18, 2011 09:24AM

Date: August 18, 2011 09:37AM

'Big difference between going 1st and 23rd in the 1st round. Do not tell me that The media did not talk up Scam while the down played Tebow, and his unorthodox throwing style. They both throw like their wind up dolls so what's the difference really.'

I am a hard core Gator fan and hate Auburn the crticism against Tebow was valid. No way in hell should Tebow been the number one overall pick. I see more in Cam than Tebow that's just the game.

Take a pill or two shots to the head. Cam deserves what he got and whatever happens happens.

Date: August 18, 2011 12:41PM

Why was it valid? Just what do you see in Scam's game that that you did not see in Tebow's just curious about how you could know Tebow would struggle as a pro, but somehow scam would be a star. Or as you put it Scam has more game than Tim. Let me explain it this way Scam never went to class apparenty Auburn broke rules to get him to go to the school by giving his broke father money. Tebow very good moral kid went to class never got in trouble, and parents stayed out of his life while in college. Yet this big mouth trouble maker is going to be a star, and Tebow deserves the crticism he got before he was drafted last year. What in the hell am I missing here? I don't see the leadership qualities you need in Scam To be an NFL QB when the game is on the line hell he already got paid so who cares if we lose. His team is down by 4 with 1.30 left on the clock, and he needs to bring them back aint happening. Only certain QB's have that fire to be great winners, and want the ball when the game is on the line . To me Scam making it to the pro's and getting paid is enough for him. He will not do what is nescesarry for him to be great or even good in this league. When I see Sacm I see VY who was talented as any QB coming out of college, and now is barely a backup. I don't hate this kid however things have always come easy for him, and that will be his downfall in the pro's.

Date: August 18, 2011 02:59PM

At least The Panthers took a shot. Can't win it if your not in it. They will either have a Great QB and a chance at future titles, or they won't.

Guess where Miami has been the last decade since Dan retired? Not hard to figure out why. What is hard to digest is that Guys like Saprano and Irlend refuse to take a chance and we continue this downward spiral like a Bid Turd in a toilet bowl.

Date: August 18, 2011 04:20PM

You are absolutely right watching Brady tonight, and the Patriots tells me all I need to know about how good were going to be this season. If Henne plays decent then we win more than we lose if he plays poorly then we will lose more than we win plain and simple. Give this team a young Marino, and we could compete for championships like the Patriots each and every year. It this regime ultimately fails, and is replaced it is because they screwed up the most important postion on the team by not going out and making sure it was fixed 3 years ago never mind this year. Brady is so good man were going to have our hands full the 1st game of the season, and the Patriots look like too me their on a mission to whip the shit ouy of everyone like they did in 07. The 1st game of the season if we don't come out strong could put a damper on the rest of the season.

Date: August 19, 2011 05:46PM

I was not impressed with his performance at all. I wasn't to impressed with Clausen's performance either, but I believe you sit him down, and let him learn this year because he could reall lose his confidence, and really live up to the bust label that I have given him. Bottom line Newton is not ready to be a starter in this league, and Carolina should let him sit and learn while Clausen takes the beating this year. I knew that coming from a simple offense loike the spead would be the biggest obstacle for Newton to overcome. It looks like maybe I'm right because tonight he looked like a deer in headlights on more than one occasion, and I honestly did not see a future star in the making for the Panthers. Hell I don't know if he'll even be the best QB on the Panthers after 3 seasons.

Date: August 20, 2011 07:21AM

hmmm 50% completion against a top 5 NFL defense. Phins unleashed some blitzes on the rookie, first time seeing them he was wide eyed. Sure he will learn from it. No TD's but no turnovers either. W/out his best receivers and the only receivers getting open was his TE's. Not a bad night for Cam. Joe Flacco a 4th year veteran had similiar numbers against a lesser defense.

not a bad night for the rookie

Date: August 25, 2011 05:02PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 02:36PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 11, 2011 02:37PM

Too bad all that effort went for a loss. Very impressive rookie debut for Newton though.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 11, 2011 02:40PM

Yep! Cam's the real deal.

Date: September 11, 2011 02:41PM

i wish you hadn't merged these treads. one is about his play today and the other is about his preseason.

Date: September 11, 2011 03:30PM

This will go down as one of the best QB draft classes since 83'. Except For Ponder. He will break.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.