HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Re-signing Larry Johnson?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Re-signing Larry Johnson?
Date: September 10, 2011 11:57AM

I agree. I'm just not setting myself up for dissapointment anymore.

The Blackouts are also effecting me negatively. These clowns are messing with my national pastime. I should be able to sit in my living room with my sons and watch them. I spend enough elsewhere and can only afford to make it to a few games. Its their fault there is no excitment and they better goddamn create some for a change. Ryan Mallet at the very least would have sparked some excitement and some Ticket sales. Not a bunch of BORING caretaker , Run , Run, Defense , Kick a feild Goal B.S.

I apoligize in advance for my demenor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2011 01:29PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 04:16AM

Isn't it still the case that the black-out rule applied to a 50 mile radius from the stadium? I know that used to be the way it worked. If you live on the Treasure Coast you should be waaay outside that zone.confused smiley

Date: September 11, 2011 07:44AM

No. It also includes the secondary market. West palm beach. Martin and St Lucie Counties are included in that. I have to go North to Vero Beach and find space in a crowded Sports bar. SOB's.

If anything Ryan Mallet would have sold Tickets. People want something to believe in. I knew we would never find another Dan marino. But 10 yrs later you would think we could have found at least an identity. A personality. A Spark. Someone who takes an ordinary lineman and can make him play better then he believes he can.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 09:07AM

Treasure, we only kept 2 Qb's both of which at this point are defintely better then Mallet.Malletts footwork at this point is horrible for starters. COnsidering we didn't keep a number 3 QB like the Patriots. How in the world would he have sold tickets this year and somehow helped the blackout status... Backup Qb's dont sell tickets in the NFL..

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 11, 2011 09:28AM

treasure, you gotta let mallet go. he won't be heard from again for years. if at that time we still have no QB and mallett becomes a star, then you can tell us all how right you are.

Date: September 11, 2011 03:21PM

I know this team could of , PROMISED THEY WOULD , create a spark, give us some competitions, something to make people believe and buy Tickets. But they didn't. They lied and did what they wanted and were going to do the whole time no matter what. Thats what really pisses me off. They didn't even try to get a better option at the most important position. Thats at the Crux of the poor Ticket sales. Heck we went 1-16 and still managed to sell out games. The aquisition of the Tuna helped that , and every year after you suck you gotta give the people something to believe, not the same old. Mallet would have created that spark. We had everything to gain and nothing to lose. Thomas Draft pick will help us marginally and in 5-6 yrs he will be gone. Fing B.S. and you know it.

Date: September 11, 2011 03:23PM

mallet as the 3d QB this year would not lead to one more sellout

Date: September 11, 2011 03:28PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mallet as the 3d QB this year would not lead to
> one more sellout

I think Mallet would be the at least the 2nd QB. And on Hennes heels the whole season. Henne would either rise to the occasion or forced aside. SPARK. I didn't say Fire. Their would be an excitement and people would talk. They would have a reason to root . Because if Henne didn't get it done, we would see a very Marino like situation from back in 83'. Would History repeat itself? I seriously doubt it. But Butts would be in the seats I garanfu**kingtee it. And I would have confidence that at least Saprano didn't lie and is doing the best he can for this team, not his ego.

Date: September 11, 2011 03:43PM

right now I put the odds of henne having a "good" to "great" NFL career at about 50-50. The other 50 he flames out and get cut. Let's ride those odds and stop pining for the guy who is not here. next year there are QBs way better than mallett available in the 1st round, so let's just cross that bridge when we get to it.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 11, 2011 06:21PM

who goes to a game to watch a qb sit on the bench? He had a 47, 75 and 48 QB rating in the preseason. No way he beats out Matt Moore.

Moore had an 82, 67 and 149 rating.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 12, 2011 02:58AM

Would have been nice if the admin at least took a shot at a franchise QB. The Colts will soon be going through what we did in 2000 with Manning out with a neck injury. Knees and shoulders are one thing. You don't play much longer after 3 neck operations. Lets see how long it takes the Colts to draft another starting QB. Think we will see them trading for 2-3rd string Journymen 10 yrs from now?

The economy doesn't help. But we are getting blacked out this year because this administration wants to build Teams that are high on defense and and offense who runs and scores feild Goals. They DO NOT want a great arm, only a caretaker. Its boring and here we are.

Enjoy the rest of the season guys. Blackout is just a word to most of you around this country, to me its a pathetic representation of what this team has become and continues to be.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 12, 2011 07:00AM

Watch Indy win one or two games this year. They have nothing on that roster without Manning to carry them. They will be in the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. Their GM's son is Lucks OC.

that would be about right...go from Manning to Luck. I could easily see manning retiring. You don't mess around with neck injuries. he takes another hit and could be paralyzed.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 12, 2011 08:46AM

Treasure- I am not sure you are quite accurate with the blackout feelings. We didnt have a game blacked out, when we were 1-16 or 5-12. In fact the last time we didnt have a sell out was in 1998. And I remember a handful of blackouts during the marino era. SO I dont understand Ever since the prices jumped way up in 2007, they have put themselves in these jeopardies IMO. Obviously the teams play didnt seem to matter. I think the greatest problem is ticket prices and the economy sucks and the transient nature of south florida. That transient nature also helps the Dolphins in away games, becasue in most towns there is a decent contingent of Miami Dolphins fans..Even in New England, by the nature of alot phins.com members.. I would say there are more phins.com members from outside south fla then ones that still live here.... On the tickets sales and your logic, I understand, if you play lights out, then that is like a golden ticket for selling tickets for whatever price you want...

Date: September 12, 2011 09:55AM

when i lived in mia in the 80s and early 90s (i.e., when we were actually good) we had blackouts quite often. I remember listening to games on the radio b/c there was no TV. The recent no-blackout run is all smoke and mirrors, those games are 1/2 empty at times as you can see on TV. So I don't think people should be complaining about blackouts, since it seems like they were lucky the games weren't blacked out before. (spoken by the guy who now lives out of state and watches every game on sunday ticket!)

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:02AM

Whats the deal about the blackout....The game will be televised on tv tonight right......?????

I dont have too much time on my hands folks. It might seem like i have time since i posted on the morning and now....i just get a little break from work no customers and i get post some.

Date: September 12, 2011 10:14AM

Tonights game is sold out Sam Sam , you are all set. There is a chance that some games this year, could be blackedout. The final preseason game was blackedout, which has put the question in the air.

Berk- yep growing up, i remember a couple times when I didnt go to the game, going to a neighbors who had one of those gigantic dishes, just so we could watch the game... and yes your comments were spoken like a guy who will not be affected by the blackout, if it happens... The idea of missing a Dolphins game, is almost sac religious....

Date: September 12, 2011 11:20AM

thanks crowder52

Date: September 12, 2011 11:22AM

It is sacreligious....A sunday in football season with a phins blackout game is defenetely sacrelegious.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.