HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          AJ Edds and Joe Berger are history
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
AJ Edds and Joe Berger are history
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 05, 2011 10:19AM

Cut today as we added TE Donte Rosario and T Ryan Cook. Big boy at Tackle 6 ft 6 328lbs. Former 2nd round pick from Vikings.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 10:30AM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AJ Edds and Joe Berger are history
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 05, 2011 10:39AM

i'm particularly surprised about Edds. I thought he was healthy and earned a roster spot.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 05, 2011 10:45AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
............... T Ryan Cook. Big boy at Tackle 6 ft 6 328lbs. Former 2nd round pick from Vikings.

The same 2006 2nd rd draft pick we traded to the Vikings in exchange for Daunte Culpepper....lol

Date: September 05, 2011 10:47AM

JC Wrote:
> i'm particularly surprised about Edds. I thought
> he was healthy and earned a roster spot.

Aj Edds getting cut over SPitler of Mitchell surprised me as well. Also how about Joe Berger being cut before John Jerry.... weird to me, other then maybe financial

Date: September 05, 2011 10:55AM

I thought so as well...especially over Mitchell and Spitler. Don't really understand this one.

Also....whay Berger over Jerry?

Would love to hear Sparanos thinking behind these moves but we will never know.

I don't know much about Cook but he started 40 games in last 5 or 6 years. Hope he is better than Columbo and can also be an effective sub for Long if needed.

Don't know about Rosario either. More roster moves coming I suspect.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 05, 2011 12:18PM

don't like cutting edds. he played well this preseason, supposedly was great and coverage, and was fairly highly considered coming out of college. they kept spitler over him why?

also I agree why cut berger instead of jerry? is it because ireland doesn't want to cut another 3d round pick the year after taking him (he cut last years 4th rounder today, maybe cutting both the 3d and 4th after 1 year would be too much to take....)

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 05, 2011 01:15PM

Wow. Some surprises there. I agree 100% “Ben and Jerry” Jerry should have gotten the machete chop about 3 or 4 days ago. Axing Berger smells of a pure $$$ move – along with Will Allen. I guess the “right 53” has a lot to do with economics?

I think Edds lacked basic physicality – and maybe some concerns on the stability and/or dependability side. But still his cut is a surprise to me.

Date: September 05, 2011 01:46PM

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Ill tell ya...Tony S and Jeff I.

We can question the moves but dig deeper...

Who's to say that Jerry didn't start off by showing up out of shape and then realized he was a young dumb ice cream eater? Maybe he got his crap together and worked his arse off and they saw the potential...again. maybe they worked him out at RT and he finally got into good enough shape to make a statement. Maybe they see him taking over the starting RG or RT spot by week 2....time will tell.

Moral of the story....none of us know better than the insiders.

Take the worst assistant coach in the entire league and compare his knowledge to anyone on this board...or in the media...I guarantee he knows more about the ins and outs than any of us.

If it was that easy they would be hiring the accountant from Boise who won the NFL.com fantasy chapionship as chief scout.

Date: September 05, 2011 01:55PM

Edds is a heck of a player. Shouldn't last on Waivers. Bottom line is his posistion is FAT and deep, and he has a history of injuries.

We needed to improve on the Oline. Thats a no brainer. Cook is a upgrade, not huge but Its a step in the right direction, although a small one.

We addressed Tight End, We have 4 RB's.........Its all about the O line at this point. Oline Oline Oline. confused smiley

Date: September 05, 2011 03:22PM

Once again...u talk as if u are in the business. I respect your opinion but not when you state opinion as fact.

Truth is you don't know that Edds is a player bc he's never played in a real game and never made real plays. You might get lucky someday when he has a good game/season like Matt Roth but come on...what happened to MR?

You don't know if the o line is in need bc they haven't played in a real game as a complete unit yet.

I have my opinions and questions too but I know that I don't know more than TS.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 05, 2011 05:45PM

Should have cut Mastrud and kept Edds

Surprised Jerry is still here

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 05, 2011 05:49PM

I wonder if Berger was cut over money, since vets have a higher guaranteed salary then younger players. This could also be the FO cutting loose guys who are injury-prone.

Date: September 06, 2011 02:24AM

The thing about AJ Edds, I dont get, is he lead the team in tackles this preseason... He was all over the field... Sparano said the reason he kept Spitler over Edds, was Edds, he had seen more of, not sure what that means with how much Edds played this preseason.

Berger was slated to make 1.5 million this year, as a backup...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 06, 2011 05:46AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> The thing about AJ Edds, I dont get, is he lead
> the team in tackles this preseason... He was all
> over the field...

From what I saw, that was mostly with 3rd stringers. His play didn't really impress me. He just looked like the slowest LB on the field.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 06, 2011 05:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.