HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Last Time Daboll Game Planned the Cheaters
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Last Time Daboll Game Planned the Cheaters
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 05, 2011 08:51AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Last Time Daboll Game Planned the Cheaters
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 05, 2011 09:55AM

Hell, I'd settle for a low scoring game with nothing but field goals but, my hope is that we can catch NE flat footed like Detroit did last week, pressure Brady early and often and, that home field advantage finally kicks in and Henne shuts up his critics for another week. That's all I want. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 05, 2011 09:56AM

Well we don't have the player that I said we needed to go out and get when he available that being Peyton reminds me of John Riggans Hillis. Having said that I do believe were under dogs. I don't believe that we are going to get killed, and we could win this game if we don't big if beat ourselves. The great thing about sports is it is the ultimate in REALITY TV.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 05, 2011 11:44AM

Date: September 05, 2011 12:57PM

Really that's not what I said, but this front office gets a D as far as personel moves so far since they have taken over. I simply said Hillis was available, and we did not go after him. That does not mean were going to lose monday night. The piss poor roster moves, and drafting might have more to do with that than one player we did or did not get.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 05, 2011 01:07PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 05, 2011 01:33PM

You might want to do some research and compare some other teams to Miami's and look at the percentages.

I haven't done any recently but am fairly secure in saying that our personnel moves have not been bad. Some are not good and some have been pretty darn good.

Look at the depth chart....

Jury is out on this years draft but every player outside of Kearse made the team.

Jake Long...many "experts said he could never play LT....he is the best one in the entire league.

CBs...Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Nolan Carroll, Wilson and Sapp....all drafted by JITS...all solid players with huge upside.

FS....Clemens and Jones...solid with upside.

LB....Dansby, Burnette, Wake, Misi...all solid and could be among best in league this yr...all acquired by JITS

DL...Langford, Starks, Odrick, McD, Merling and brought back JT....arguably one of the best in the NFL.

WR...Marshall, Bess, Hartline, Gates, Wallace and Moore....can't think of a more promising group anywhere.

We have a great core here in 4 yrs. One that is one or two pcs away from a perennial contender.

Let's not let anger over questions about the qb position cloud what has happened here in the last 4 yrs. Our entire roster has been transfused and the season hasn't even begun yet.

22 Positions and two or three weaknesses. Even the most successful teams would be happy only to have those remaining questions. Unfortunately for us our main ? Is qb...the most important.

I get frustrated with some of the moves...or non moves but all in all I would say they have done better than most teams and put together a damn fine unit.

If Henne improves and proves he is right for this offense we are good. Put any of the top 12 qbs on this team and we are a powerhouse.

No rookie qb from this yrs draft has even come close to impressing anyone. Even the first overall pick has looked like a potential bust so don't blame thise regime for passing on any of them when they HAVE to win now or lose their jobs.

FA qbs are not much better....did we really want to give up what AZ did and take that gamble for the likes of a 2nd rd qb?

Was Orton worth a first rounder plus?

Things are not that bad in Miami.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 05, 2011 02:24PM

On Sirius NFL Radio, Jim Miller said that when he broke down the Cleveland offense, he felt that Daboll was one of the most creative coordinators in the game. He said that going through 4 QBs, injuries, and a lack of any polished players at WR is what held their offense back, not Daboll's system. He said he thinks Chad Henne will be fine in Daboll's offense, and that Reggie Bush will explode.

Date: September 05, 2011 03:00PM

i want to see Brady in the infeild Dirt and the letters "WAKE" implanted in his skull.

Date: September 05, 2011 03:09PM

Now you're talkin. If the 2008 team can win the division, the 2011 team can win a playoff game. See signature.

.....................................................................................

Date: September 05, 2011 05:12PM

I go back to Pat White as the biggest reason why the front office lost all credibilty with me. That and the fact that they did not upgrade the QB position this offseason. I know Henne is young, and we have a new coordinator, but damn I am tired of mediocrity and losing, and I'm a fan. If I were the coach I would want to win on a whole other level, and I don't know if I see that fire and passion from Sparano. He better have it this year or it's bye bye coach, and the freaking rebuilding begins again aghhhh.

Posted by: seadevil ()
Date: September 06, 2011 02:48AM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: September 07, 2011 03:24AM

I gotta agree(albeit kind of a common knowledge thing at this point) that Brady needs to be put on his ass to win over the Cheatroits. Homeboy can thank his o-line for the majority of his success in the past seasons.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 07, 2011 05:36AM

Agree with eesti, there wasn't a chance to get a decent value upgrade at QB.

I also happen to think that Sparano was the biggest part of Henne's issues last year by over controlling him.

No QB can play from a fear to play mentality and that is what Henne had in Sparano nit picking every thought and direction to get rid of the bnall prematurely.

Hope he continues to be hands off and we might see Henne blossom. If you think back to the first few games he played he was much better before TS got so QB controlling.

Go FINS!

Date: September 07, 2011 06:17AM

Thank god for the change of heart by Sparano. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. It is our only hope at this point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.