Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This could be the Key to our Season.........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This could be the Key to our Season.........
Date: August 22, 2011 05:57PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This could be the Key to our Season.........
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 22, 2011 06:50PM

So the key is our CBs? That's one of our deepest positions. I'd think the key on defense is our FS. The CBs can't always do it all by themselves. When double-coverage is needed, the FS has get correct position.

As for offense, the O-Line is clearly our key. Last game proved that if Henne has time, he can be a decent caretaker QB. With Bush on the checkdown and Gates stretching the field, it adds a completely new dimension to our offense, but the O-line has to give Bush running lanes and, more importantly, has to protect Henne so the plays can develop and Henne can find all his receivers.

Date: August 23, 2011 02:10AM

Maybe we are misunderstanding what I meant by "Key". Never said there were not other posistions that have to play well also. But a Free safty can also work the run better when the corners are playing good ball like they have been. They look smarter and really seem to be coming around. Not quite Madison/Surtain yet but its probable. Of Course they had Zack Thomas running side to side helping them as well.

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: August 23, 2011 03:36AM

Yeah I understand what youre saying if both our corners can play at a high level we can free up the safeties to help wit the run and scheme better. But overall our D will be fine as long as Henne protects the ball.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 23, 2011 04:28AM

And to keep us from getting blown out by high powered offenses. Look at our schedule.

NE...Hou...SD...in first 4 weeks...yikes.

But on the other hand we have Wake and Taylor and Misi applying pressure.

JT says he is healthy for the first time in years and looks good too. I expect a good year from him. Better than most expect from the old man.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 23, 2011 04:30AM

The key is our QB.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: August 23, 2011 05:03AM

If the CB's could catch last year, we'd have led the league in INT's. Let's hope they got that taken care of...

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 23, 2011 05:29AM

Defending passes well plus making interceptions are key to stopping the opposing team in its tracks. smiling bouncing smiley Playing against Brady will be litmus test. Pressure him, put him on his back, maintain tight coverage and grab a pass or two--and that will effect the rest of the season for us. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 23, 2011 09:57AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Defending passes well plus making interceptions
> are key to stopping the opposing team in its
> tracks. smiling bouncing smiley Playing against Brady will be litmus
> test. Pressure him, put him on his back, maintain
> tight coverage and grab a pass or two--and that
> will effect the rest of the season for us. tongue sticking out smiley

Exactly. keep'em off balance, get the offense good feild position.....a great Defense will beat a Great Offense every day of the week. Just ask #13.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 23, 2011 12:14PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Exactly. keep'em off balance, get the offense good
> feild position.....a great Defense will beat a
> Great Offense every day of the week. Just ask #13.

#13? You must mean Jake Scott. I'd love to ask him, but he's kind of a recluse.

The undefeated Chicago Bears tried that one day of the week, in 1985 this particular day of the week was a Monday night. How'd that turn out for them? Undefeated, much-heralded dominating defense of the Chicago Bears got bitch-slapped by #13, Dan Marino and company.

I agree that a great defense wins games, but it's not automatic, not every day of the week. We had a great defense with Jimmy Johnson as our coach and did not have fantastic results.

Date: August 24, 2011 07:46AM

No I meant meant #13 Dan Marino. I'm sure there is always an exception to the rule as you point out with Da 85' Bears, but in general a Great Defense will always beat a great Offense. I say ask #13 because if you haven't noticed, he's the best QB ever to play the game thats lacking a little hand Jewlerly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.