HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne is the greatest QB EVER!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne is the greatest QB EVER!
Posted by: dres9711 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 06:40PM

Wow after tonight, Henne should be in the Hall. I know it's pre-season, but I don't care. To me this game meant everything. Based on the first 2 games of pre-season, I can tell he will be the worst QB in the league and also a pro-bowler this year.

For some of you that don't get the above comment... I am patronizing the people that freaked out last week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne is the greatest QB EVER!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 06:52PM

with henne, it is all about consistency. he looks good one game, horrible the next. Let's see him do it in the regular season, a few games in a row. but he did look good tonight.

Date: August 19, 2011 06:56PM

Berkeley,

I 100% agree. I posted the same thing last week concerning the timing of when we should judge Henne. But i think the most important part to remember is he does not need to be an elite QB for us to do well.

Phins up!

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: August 19, 2011 06:57PM

He looked real Good tonight, but I have seen him look good in the past in a game or two, like you said lets see him do it two games in a row then three.... I hope he found it....

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 19, 2011 07:02PM

Maybe, just maybe, he only needed some talent, speed, blocking, an aggessive coordinator and some experience. The offense, in general, looked good. Looks like it may be difficult to stop all of our weapons. Of course, this was against a lousy Carolina team.

Posted by: DasFin ()
Date: August 19, 2011 07:10PM

he looked great. still missing those open deep balls tho, but his progress, hanging in the pocket, making plays, making pre-snap adjustments.. well done sir.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 08:08PM

against a lousy Carolina team??!!....wait until the Monday night opener at home and the trip to San Diego...then we shall truly see.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:28PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> with henne, it is all about consistency. he looks
> good one game, horrible the next. Let's see him do
> it in the regular season, a few games in a row.
> but he did look good tonight.

THIS. ^^^^^

But I'll take tonights performance over Interception city any day of the week. I'm pulling for him because he seems like our only hope at this point.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:29AM

I'm impressed with the offensive play calling. Hats off to Daboll. It's like night-and-day between him and Henning.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:49AM

Henne earned this thread. I hate when fans over-react to preseason games...yet it consistantly happens every year. Yet in a compressed off-season because of the lockout...it makes the freakout just that much dumber.

Henne does seem to play better when there is more talent around him...go figure.

He is spreading the ball around a little more. Still needs that second TE option nailed down.

He is, strangely enough, moving around in the pocket better and showing some wheels when it deems necessary.

He is taking command of the huddle and offense like never before.

Date: August 20, 2011 04:31AM

Henne played well, but Marshall, Bush, Pouncey, and Daboll all helped tremendously! It's clear after this game that Henne will have no excuses this year. Consistency has been his issue in the past. If he can perform like that game after game, then he's our QB of the future. He's no Marino or Griese, but if he can play like that consistently, then he's better than any QB we've had SINCE Marino (including Pennington...because Henne has an arm).

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: August 20, 2011 04:39AM

I'm not worried about the deep misses. I'd like to see him hit every one, but if we get open receivers downfield I don't have any doubt that he'll hit them.

There were two things I thought that Henne couldn't fix. One was the ability to throw a pass with touch. Especially with Bush that's huge because that's where Bush shines is that little screen into open space. Henne always seems to throw it as hard as he can. In this game he had some great touch passes.

The other thing for me was his ability to look off receievers fast enough and make all of his targets a threat and there were two or three plays where I thought he turned from his primary and threw to other players.

This gives me hope for the season even if it was just Carolina.

Posted by: Thumper ()
Date: August 20, 2011 05:09AM

He did seem alot more poised out there in the pockett.

Maybe Bush being here is what the doctor ordered.

Teams will have a hard time defending Marshall and Bush.

I bet Hartline, and Bess are going to have a very solid year!!!

Also Can't wait to see Long back in there Murtha did ok, but long is just to beastly and should make Henne even better with a couple more seconds to stand in there and make the correct read.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 20, 2011 06:05AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:28AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 07:46AM

I think what was nice about last night was how the offense operated around Henne. Nothing was to difficult, spread the ball around and keep them guessing. AS I thought before we started camp, there are alot of weapons on the field at one time. WHich makes the read easier for Henne. Someone was always blatantly open, lots of low risk high reward type of options for Henne. Sure this is just preseason, but it is nice seeing the offense and Henne operate smoothly, it provides a bit of hope our fan base and press was lacking before last night... No articles about Henne getting the spot with out earning it.... Ireland regretting not taking Mallett... Us not getting Orton... We might this week get some hope from our press and fan corp... And for that I am very thankful for Henne providing some relief from the constant "sky is falling"...

I specifically like how they used Bush, he would line up in the backfield and get a LB on him. Then Henne would send him in motion and beat the defensive scheme by having Bush in the slot. A linebacker is who you want tackling Bush on a run play but it surely is not who you want covering him on a pass play...

Date: August 20, 2011 02:13PM

Date: August 20, 2011 02:18PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 20, 2011 02:24PM

Date: August 20, 2011 02:32PM

I want to keep this thread alive since it serves a good reminder to everyone, we shouldn't overreact.

With that said, what are reasonable expectations for Henne this year? That way we have a measuring stick up during the season.

Thoughts?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 20, 2011 02:32PM

Date: August 20, 2011 02:43PM

There was at least ONE play I was impressed with, when the protection broke down, Henne ran away from the defender, and hit Fasano for a long completion.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:41PM

I haven't seen the game yet, but will watch it tonight when I get home from work. But resonable expectations for Henne this season in my opinion would be 3000+ yards passing, 15+ TD's to 10 INT's or a similar ratio, and a 62% or better completion percentage along with a 90 or better QB rating.

These numbers would mean that he's being much more efficient with the ball than we have ever seen him be.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:50PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 20, 2011 03:51PM

I hope that's true.

Date: August 21, 2011 05:47AM

ChyrenB,

I dont think anyone was claiming Henne's performance was Peyton Manningesque or anything remotely in that category. But by no means was it a horrible performance. Henne managed the game very well, made excellent throws, other than 3 passes he was an above average NFL QB on Friday.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 21, 2011 06:38AM

I would expect 3500+ yards, 25 TD 15 INT on 65%. I could easily see more yards. He had 3300 in about 14.5 games last year and Daboll seems like he'd like to throw it a bit more often than Henning.

I think his INT will be down some because of a more effective short passing game and the speed of Gates opening up some space for other receivers and MAYBE defenders will drop some INT more in line with what's normal for the average NFL QB. I think his TD will be up because Bush seems a threat to take some short passes and turn them to TDs (sadly reminded of when NO came back big time on us and he did the superman end zone dive) and because Gates might get a couple long TD and Henne & Marshall seem to be getting "on the same page".

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 21, 2011 08:00AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 26, 2011 05:18AM

There is hope afterall. If John Beck can get better then so can Henne. Beck looked much worse than Chad starting out.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 28, 2011 06:23AM

Ohhh ooooo where are the doubters and haters? Where are the "football experts" that after the first week of preseason wrote Henne off?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.